• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Heretic

W-..wha? It was just a parody of the whole "the thing we were looking for was inside of us all along" trope.

That post was all teal-ralk. When you have that realization of how utterly insignificant you, as a human are, in the grand scheme of things you constantly get caught up in existential contemplation and end up in a vicious loop of acknowledging these realizations until it leaves you gasping for acknowledgement and validation until you feel alive again.

So you break out of it as quick as you can before it swallows you whole. You focus on something to distract you.

Tonight, I will have chicken parmigiana and salad for dinner.
You need to stop watching old Bryzgalov interviews.

Acid, come on, bay. Old 3DS is for grown ass men like myself!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
oh my god that friendzone thread.

he showed her lyrics to Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me"

oh my god :lol

I just read up on it.

Oh. My. Gawd. This guy can teach Heretic a lesson, and that's not a good thing.

I lost it (the most) at "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have lost, right?"

NO.

You like her.

You've known her for a month, think you love her, she turned you down.

You never had her. You haven't loved and lost.

oh god. :lololololololol

Heretic

I just read up on it.

Oh. My. Gawd. This guy can teach Heretic a lesson, and that's not a good thing.

I lost it (the most) at "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have lost, right?"

NO.

You like her.

You've known her for a month, think you love her, she turned you down.

You never had her. You haven't loved and lost.

oh god. :lololololololol

Don't hate the player!

PREACH ON, KOPITE! YOU GOT THIS BROTHA!

Montresor

I'm gonna catch them all in X. Then gonna catch the remaining in White 2. And what's left remaining after transferring I'll try trade. By the time the next game is out, I'll have "caught" them all.

How exactly are you going to catch them all when there are probably a dozen of them that can only be acquired through some exclusive convention? Unless things have changed since the Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/Diamond/Pearl days. Are they going to let you catch Mew, for example, without having to hack your save file?

Why the heck is the game at 1PM today on a Monday!?!?

I don't care if it is Columbus day, most regular people usually still work, it is mostly government employees who are off and they are off anyways right now!

Y'all old.

On another note, saw a black widow spider in my room just now. Turned around to grab something to smash it with and it was gone. Don't know what to do, everything feels too unsafe to be around.

Burn the place to the fucking ground. Only way to be sure.

Samyy

How exactly are you going to catch them all when there are probably a dozen of them that can only be acquired through some exclusive convention? Unless things have changed since the Red/Blue/Gold/Silver/Diamond/Pearl days. Are they going to let you catch Mew, for example, without having to hack your save file?

You catch them all once you complete the regions Pokedex which probably does not include all those special event Pokemon and crap like Mew

Cake Boss

Banned

lol.

Wouldnt even do one of them, let alone both for him.

That dumb fuck killed most of his trade value when he opened his mouth, if he was unhappy, he should have just went the management and requested a trade. Now whos going to want a player that doesnt like to forecheck and finish his checks?

Radulov 2.0

Samyy

The kid is young, I'm sure there are people out there that would take a chance on him. These things can be taught.

Kessel didn't like to forecheck or play defence at all but now hes come off two PPG season and effectively backchecks and plays some D. Yakupov is a pure scorer and has the potential to be way better the Kessel so yea there would be interest.

Montresor

lol.

Wouldnt even do one of them, let alone both for him.

That dumb fuck killed most of his trade value when he opened his mouth, if he was unhappy, he should have just went the management and requested a trade. Now whos going to want a player that doesnt like to forecheck and finish his checks?

Radulov 2.0

His latest quotation is absolutely unreal. Imagine Phil Kessel saying this. It's probably what Kessel truly feels like too - but he would get eaten alive if he ever said that out loud.

Leaf fans: keep in mind I'm still really happy with Kessel. I like that he's doing much better lately battling for the puck along the boards.

Cake Boss

Banned
The kid is young, I'm sure there are people out there that would take a chance on him. These things can be taught.

Kessel didn't like to forecheck or play defence at all but now hes come off two PPG season and effectively backchecks and plays some D. Yakupov is a pure scorer and has the potential to be way better the Kessel so yea there would be interest.

I dont remember Kessel ever go on record saying something like that, sure it was pretty much known but never read Kessel saying something like that in the paper.

And even if he did, Yakupov will always have the russian factor hanging over him, and thats the difference between him and Kessel, there are more examples of russian players bailing out to play in the KHL (Filatov, Radulov) than there are Kessels.

Merguson

Banned
Kessel may not like it but he has the right attitude to go out and.. attempt his best at forechecking if the coach wants him to do it.

As for Yakupov, it doesn't look too good but I would give him time at least.

Hold up, Im out lf the loop here. What is going on with Yakupov other than not being the hammer?

And I need a 3DSXL before I get Pokemon, I felt shafted by Nintendo with my launch console. Three days later and my Walmart still does not have X and Y.

Samyy

Hold up, Im out lf the loop here. What is going on with Yakupov other than not being the hammer?

And I need a 3DSXL before I get Pokemon, I felt shafted by Nintendo with my launch console. Three days later and my Walmart still does not have X and Y.

"really don’t like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting somebody every shift. I don’t think it’s my game."

Samyy

Well maybe hes thinking he can stir up all this drama and that way paint the blame on Eakins and Oilers management when he bolts to Russia? :p

dem

Oh you guys are so silly..
He's Russian.. He doesn't always say the right things... Shocking.

Filatov he is not. Filatov played his way out of the NHL.

Cake Boss

Banned
So does NHL 14 gets shittier with every tuner update or what? The shittiest plays you score goals on and nicest plays the goalie is superman and will save everything.

This game really fucking blows, and not mention the stupid ass menus.

So does NHL 14 gets shittier with every tuner update or what? The shittiest plays you score goals on and nicest plays the goalie is superman and will save everything.

This game really fucking blows, and not mention the stupid ass menus.

I skipped this year and will wait for the next generation NHL games, but yeah, tuners are completely dumb. Its like figuring out how to score goals with every update. I break all the records on superstar anyway, and end up with like 200+ pts at the end of the season.

yyzjohn

Banned
Oh you guys are so silly..
He's Russian.. He doesn't always say the right things... Shocking.

Filatov he is not. Filatov played his way out of the NHL.

Let me translate what Yakupov was trying to say: "fuck Eakins, I don't back check, it's either him or me"

Quick

Banned
So, these actually exist. I've seen one for the Bruins, Canes and Sens.

61%2ByFNmpK1L._SL1200_.jpg

The regular ones already look stupid, but NHL-themed ones? Wow.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
so the rangers waived asham and biron

not like that's going to fix anything
We had a legit chance of stealing that game in St. Louis if it wasn't for Biron, so that's something.

I imagine we should be seeing Cam Talbot getting called up in the next 24 hours. He played great in the preseason and has been doing a very well so far this season in Hartford. He was planned to be the backup to replace Biron (who would have left in free agency) next season, so this is only a slight acceleration of plans for him.

AV hasn't trusted Biron from the moment he arrived.

Also, Rick Nash is still not skating. Highly doubt we'll be seeing him in Washington on Wednesday.

Top Bottom