• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Wake up to see that WE WON!!!!! I never realized how annoying the Avs announcers were until I was watching the highlights on NHL.com, that's creeping up to Pens level annoyance right there.

Anways, win it for Kronner is a success and it sounds like the hit was worse than the injury, still a concussion but not a major one and will travel with the team to Phoenix, so hopefully he isn't out that long.

from Kronwall: "All good, I think. We'll see tomorrow. It feels good now anyway. My own fault."

VICTORY!!!!

Sorry 19 & 21, stay safe bud with whatever is going on.

Just watched the highlights of the Sens/Devils game. I don't know how the Devils can justify putting Brodeur in next game or giving him the majority of the starts. The Schneider era needs to start now for them if they want a chance to win.

New Jersey is still trying to be the first team to not win a game, and so far they are doing great work at that.

Edit 20 or something: Monster (beside the two goals given up) has been spectacular lately, he's been pulling out some Hasek like saves at times, it is really nice to see him playing great out there and getting the wins.

deep-v-neck.jpg

Very cool.

Game: Blouses

yyzjohn

Banned
I dunno. The Leafs fans I know out here have been pretty grounded about the team's performance, and most were expecting a couple bad losses to mount up before things changed. Now we have 2 bad losses!

Hopefully guys like Jeff O'Neill (why is he on the air?) and Kypreos left off with the 'BERNIER IS THE #1' bleating.

Yeah whats Sammy talking about? Most fans I know have been saying Leafs were extremely lucky to be 6-1 and could have easily been 1-6 the way they were playing in games. Goaltending held them in most games, so I'll let Bernier off the hook for his shit goal last night.

pringles

I never realized how annoying the Avs announcers were until I was watching the highlights on NHL.com
Dude, you've been missing out. I always try to get the Avs feed when the Wings are playing them, the way they call Detroit goals is comedy gold. Like, it's way beyond just being homers, so much so that I can't even get upset with things like how they called the Mcleod hit on Kronwall("Taste of his own medicine!") and just sit back and laugh at the absurdity. Helps that the Avs rarely beat the Wings nowadays.

Samyy

Yeah whats Sammy talking about? Most fans I know have been saying Leafs were extremely lucky to be 6-1 and could have easily been 1-6 the way they were playing in games. Goaltending held them in most games, so I'll let Bernier off the hook for his shit goal last night.

Hmm? I know a bunch of bandwagoners, they talking about it being our year last weekend.

LevelNth

Banned
Toronto is a funny town with the Leafs. So many people here like to play the hate card and get really down on the Leafs cause of the high ticket prices and the long drought of playoff success.

But deep down when the team is doing really well, as evidenced by last year's playoff round birth, this city goes apeshit. I couldn't care less, I love when everyone gets behind them bandwagon or not.

Reality is, we're down 2 of our Top 6, one of our better defensive forwards, a subpar and possibly won't even be playing Dman and we're 6-2-0, both losses only by 1 goal and one of which was an unlucky fluke else we'd be at worse 6-1-1.

Go ahead and say we're playing poorly or could play better all you want. That just means two things. We still win when we do, and we have no where to go but up.

EDIT: Not directed at you guys Samyy or yyz, just in general.

yyzjohn

Banned
Toronto is a funny town with the Leafs. So many people here like to play the hate card and get really down on the Leafs cause of the high ticket prices and the long drought of playoff success.

But deep down when the team is doing really well, as evidenced by last year's playoff round birth, this city goes apeshit. I couldn't care less, I love when everyone gets behind them bandwagon or not.

Reality is, we're down 2 of our Top 6, one of our better defensive forwards, a subpar and possibly won't even be playing Dman and we're 6-2-0, both losses only by 1 goal and one of which was an unlucky fluke else we'd be at worse 6-1-1.

Go ahead and say we're playing poorly or could play better all you want. That just means two things. We still win when we do, and we have no where to go but up.

EDIT: Not directed at you guys Samyy or yyz, just in general.

I hear you, I'll take the record, and "finding ways to win" blah blah, but this team NEEDS to play better. I don't take injury excuses anymore after seeing Ottawa last year do what they did without Karlsson and Spezza the entire year. Every team has to deal with it. If the Leafs don't play better and limit the scoring chances, they're gonna get hammered tomorrow night in Chicago. I'm not looking forward to that game.

Curufinwe

This next week should be interesting. I hope Homer doesn't do anything stupid...

This team will take years to fix so it makes sense that Hextall is in charge of that process from the beginning.

Hopefully Homer will make the decision to step down himself rather than force Snider to make the call.

1384053_725988990751439_956347624_n.jpg

Really quiet from Pantherland today. No practice, no media stuff, not even team tweets. Would be weird to give the team a day off considering the game tomorrow and a 2 day break after Saturday's game. Something could be up, trade, coaching change, we'll see.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
hey wsox, can you please stop crying about OT threads in here

who fucking cares

i mean really
This. Complaining about them every other day is just as annoying as seeing them.

Ekblad. But we might need to check his birth certificate cause that doesn't look like a 17 year old's beard.

aaron_ekblad_barrie_colts.jpg
If you put him beside Burns, they look like they could fill in for the missing link in the evolution chart

I don't know what a new GM would do with this team... who the hell do you move that you could actually get something for?

We have some young guys that aren't paid all that much that people might want, but why the hell do you trade them when you're building long term? I mean I'd trade Kimmo, Streit, and Vinny to cup contenders at the deadline, but no one is gonna take Hartsy's contract.

Var

I don't know what a new GM would do with this team... who the hell do you move that you could actually get something for?

We have some young guys that aren't paid all that much that people might want, but why the hell do you trade them when you're building long term? I mean I'd trade Kimmo, Streit, and Vinny to cup contenders at the deadline, but no one is gonna take Hartsy's contract.

Yeah, I don't see many possible moves short term. Kimmo and Mesz coming off the cap after this year will help some...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Taylor Pyatt is taking Ryan Callahan's spot on the top line alongside Richards and Brassard.

Taylor Pyatt.

Is our first line right winger.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LeBrun on TSN radio yesterday:

Team Canada will never admit this, but Carey Price is the guy they want in Sochi

If he can be consistent and play like he has to start the season he should get the starter no problem. Parros also practiced for the first time today which is great news.

Taylor Pyatt is taking Ryan Callahan's spot on the top line alongside Richards and Brassard.

Taylor Pyatt.

Is our first line right winger.

What.

The.

Fuck.
Sounds like Travis Moen for us the last couple years before we signed Prust

Var

Biggest issue, I think, is that most of the guys that we wouldn't mind seeing moved have no trade clauses.

Edit: Hartsy and Kimmo have full NMC, limited NMC with Simmonds and Coburn.

gaming_noob

The Leafs will gladly take Giroux off your hands while you rebuild. Morgan Rielly and Frederik Gauthier are 2 good pieces to build with. Plus a few expiring contracts to the Fyers to balance out the money...

Top Bottom