• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

yyzjohn

Banned
Lol, Jeff O'Neill called out Reimer for leaving the game last night and then practicing this morning.

I have to agree with O'Neill here. If it was serious enough for him to leave last night, that means it was a possible concussion, which means he shouldn't be practicing today. These things can come and go and given his history it's better to be cautious.

He practiced today? Isn't that what he did after Gionta hit him? Seems kind of dumb for a guy with the concussion history like him.

I have to agree with O'Neill here. If it was serious enough for him to leave last night, that means it was a possible concussion, which means he shouldn't be practicing today. These things can come and go and given his history it's better to be cautious.

Given how major sports handle concussions now, it isn't a surprise that they took out Reimer for pre-cautionary purposes. I mean he may have felt the impact last night but probably felt okay as the game progressed. I don't think he would have practiced unless he wasn't cleared by medical staff. I mean you'll see it in the NFL, NBA, MLB, one knock to the noggin and you're out of the game. That's how serious leagues including the NHL take concussions nowadays.

Merguson

Banned

Reimer left the game because it's protocol to do so.

In other news, JVR is practicing so good chance he's back for tomorrow.

yyzjohn

Banned
Reimer left the game because it's protocol to do so.

In other news, JVR is practicing so good chance he's back for tomorrow.

Based on the interview the UofT goalie gave this morning, they were still evaluating Reimer last night when he arrived at the rink, so Reimer could have gone back and sat on the bench, but they determined he couldn't'. That sounds more than just protocol.

Also Leafs GAF, Carter Verhaeghe and Connor Brown are both tied for second in OHL scoring with 22 points in 10 games. Connor Brown's total is probably inflated from playing with McDavid, but Verhaeghe is looking like a steal

That's always good news for our prospects to be doing well, very good for a 3rd rounder.

Also, does anyone think that Brennan will be seeing a call-up soon? Apparently hes been tearing it up and we could probably use him on the blue line given some defensive woes.

Also:

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
James Reimer says the plan is for him to be available in Chicago. Carlyle says the same is expected of James van Riemsdyk.

Yay JVR!

Merguson

Banned
Based on the interview the UofT goalie gave this morning, they were still evaluating Reimer last night when he arrived at the rink, so Reimer could have gone back and sat on the bench, but they determined he couldn't'. That sounds more than just protocol.

Well, it's league protocol to take out a player suspected of any concussion, put him in a room with a team physician who then takes a standardized test with a hundred questions. Who knows how that takes.

Not really the point though, he's practicing so that must mean the team physicians determined it's okay for him to do so.

LevelNth

Banned
Are you guys aware that at PPP right now there is an article up that essentially states there is no such thing as shot quality or rebound quality, and predominant determinant is luck?

I don't... how can... sigh...

yyzjohn

Banned
Are you guys aware that at PPP right now there is an article up that essentially states there is no such thing as shot quality or rebound quality, and predominant determinant is luck?

Those guys need a collective kick to the balls. Anything to further their advanced stats. I stopped checking that site a long, long time ago. You should too.

LevelNth

Banned
Those guys need a collective kick to the balls. Anything to further their advanced stats. I stopped checking that site a long, long time ago. You should too.
This is definitely the last time, it was just too much. When the assumption made is that luck and/or randomness is the most important factor in whether a goal is scored, I'm out.

"If you weren't so lucky Gretz, you'd have scored at least 300-400 times less. You suck man"

Merguson

Banned

Man I would rather read Maple Leafs Hot Stove. During the summer they had a bunch of interviews with Maple Leafs staff members.

Meanwhile, Pension Plan Puppets... has... a fake interview?

Rangers are 10th in the East with 2 wins and 4 points. They'd be second-last in the West. They also have a -14 goal differential, worst in the league (4 teams are at -13).

San Jose has a +20 differential.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"I'm not going to be changing my game, I'll be doing grunt work for those guys (Richards & Brassard)...it's a good opportnity for me" - Taylor Pyatt

NO FUCKING SHIT

Curufinwe

Eklolund says there are rumors of a Voracek + Coburn for Byfuglein + Little trade.

Is Buff's reputation for being fat and lazy justified? If the rumor was Coburn + Voracek for Little & another defenseman who plays 25 minutes a night and has 6 points in 7 games I would be getting excited.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Eklolund says there are rumors of a Voracek + Coburn for Byfuglein + Little trade.

Is Buff's reputation for being fat and lazy justified? If the rumor was Coburn + Voracek for Little & another defenseman who plays 25 minutes a night and has 6 points in 7 games I would be getting excited.

Big Buff isn't lazy at all on the ice, and I can't see why Winnipeg would do that trade as it stands.

Northbeast's doing its part to embarrass itself.

To be fair, that was a seriously unlucky bounce. No fault on Bernier. I can even laugh about it now.

Or, Jonathan Quick must have cursed Bernier before leaving LA.

Good guy Bernier was just doing his part to make Luongo/Hamhuis feel better.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
SumNQO3.gif

Classless.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ryan Stanton is in the top20 in nhl defensemen scoring.

lol.

Thanks Chicago for the waiver pickup,

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Landeskog is one damn good looking dude. Richards still looks like a beaver / human hybrid.

Miller looks like he's in 3 Doors Down in this picture

c27078dac67b7ce3a8f06ef2c26e39b4.jpg

Top Bottom