• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

CREMSteve

I got nowhere else to put this, so I'll just leave it here. Better this than more Pokemon talk anyway. ;p

FboD3rU.gif

It's like Baywatch in gif form, lol.

Vman

I made the mistake of reading HF Boards and people are talking about how its time to blow up the Wild's roster and rebuild... SMH

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I got nowhere else to put this, so I'll just leave it here. Better this than more Pokemon talk anyway. ;p

FboD3rU.gif

It's like Baywatch in gif form, lol.

This makes up for the crappy Habs game I just finished watching.

Hard to win with only EGG line doing something. Shame about the goal called back. Such a messy game.

Cake Boss

Banned
This team is feeling the effects of the loss of Gonchar more so than the loss of Alfie, Gonch was one of our best dman last season with Methot.

The 2nd pairing D is lost, both young guys need a veteran presence in that pairing.

Not resigning Benoit was pretty stupid, he was one of our few smart dman, we have too many stupid dman playing big minutes like Philips, Gryba, Cowen etc.

This team going to get its shit pushed in by Detroit on Wednesday.

This team is feeling the effects of the loss of Gonchar more so than the loss of Alfie, Gonch was one of our best dman last season with Methot.

The 2nd pairing D is lost, both young guys need a veteran presence in that pairing.

Look on the bright side, Detroit has beaten better teams than Ottawa this year. No shame in losing to them.

So, just a general question, what does everybody here think of the Minnesota Wild? Just general thoughts. I'm curious.

Great prospects, Good defense, not a lot of scoring. If they go and sign Vanek next summer as speculated they seem to be heading down the Rangers patented "Sign all the free agents" method of team building.

So, just a general question, what does everybody here think of the Minnesota Wild? Just general thoughts. I'm curious.
Great pool of prospect, good blue line and netminding but need a new offensive system. That's what struck me most last night. All game they stuck to the perimeter trying to get a shot, very little goalie screening and traffic. The only goal was because it was a deflection off a Panther player.

Acid08

Banned
Example that throwing money around for FAs doesn't necessarily solve a teams problem. Defense seems like it'll get much better in the coming years. They seem like a non-factor right now.

Samyy

I know stats keeping is not perfect but 5 of the Leafs 6 D are top 10 in giveaways amongst all defensemen right now.

Only one that isn't is Gardiner.

Not resigning Benoit was pretty stupid, he was one of our few smart dman, we have too many stupid dman playing big minutes like Philips, Gryba, Cowen etc.

We really couldn't resign Gonchar. He wanted a multi year deal at 4+ mil and that would have kept our broke ass owner from making any offensive pickups.

Plus for every benefit his presence brought, he really couldn't keep up sometimes

Happy for Biron. The guy didn't have it anymore and he will have a great career in broadcasting. He was the best backup the Rangers have had in a long time.

Top Bottom