• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Sanjuro

Oh, I'm not laughing at the notion that we have a rivalry going. I'm laughing at the ratings poison they are going to get from the Boston market.

Wait, Bruins and Sabres actually have a rivalry going?

I'm so out of touch.

Also if we win today that's 7 in a row... Which means I should probably start finding a celebration GIF

All I've found so far is

mightyducks_illustration_header.gif

The battle of the B cities.

Oh-B-City?

LucicTeamCanadaCamp.jpg

Yeah, we have been rivals for years.

Shows how much I know. You guys got matched up in the postseason a few times and that was it afaik. Just never heard much vitriol from either side here.

Hahahahahhaahahahahaha we just got outplayed by CBJ.

Hahah.

Ha.

The BJs are decent nowadays, despite their current 4 game losing skid.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ya don't lose by two goals if only the goalie is outplaying your team.

... that's exactly how you lose a 2-1 game (+ empty netter). It's not like our D was terribly bad. 2 goals against is alright. Only scoring 1 goal isn't, and that was mostly due to the Blue Jackets' goalie.

Acid08

Banned
... that's exactly how you lose a 2-1 game (+ empty netter). It's not like our D was terribly bad. 2 goals against is alright. Only scoring 1 goal isn't, and that was mostly due to the Blue Jackets' goalie.
Ah, I didn't know the last one was an empty netter, just saw the score.

Giggzy

I know it's poor form to wish bad on someone's health, but someone take a run at Garbutt on that Penner hit. Lay him out.

Thanks,

Giggzy

Andersen is pretty good. Between this and John Gibson dominating in the AHL with Andersen being called up, I'm loving our goaltending depth.

EDIT: ETEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Smiley90

Andersen is pretty good. Between this and John Gibson dominating in the AHL with Andersen being called up, I'm loving our goaltending depth.

So, who's gonna get traded? Andersen, Hiller, Fasth, Gibson? At least 1 or 2 of those need to go eventually...

Canucks had/have the same problem, as everyone knows lol.

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Ericsson, Cannata...

Giggzy

EDIT: ETEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Yeah I agree. If both develop as suspected, especially Gibson, then that is a position we won't need to worry about for years.

So, who's gonna get traded? Andersen, Hiller, Fasth, Gibson? At least 1 or 2 of those need to go eventually...

Canucks had/have the same problem, as everyone knows lol.

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Ericsson, Cannata...

Apparently Edmonton and Anaheim were in strong talks to discuss a trade for one of them, but the Ducks talking heads are happy with Hiller/Fasth at the moment. Personally I think it'd be a cop out to trade Fasth, he signed with us from the SEL for a reason. You don't woo a player, have him sign, then extend him and then trade him after one season.

Unless he wants #1, which he would be with Edmonton.

What have Ericsson and Cannata been like so far? Lack seems to be transitioning slightly roughly.

Smiley90

Apparently Edmonton and Anaheim were in strong talks to discuss a trade for one of them, but the Ducks talking heads are happy with Hiller/Fasth at the moment. Personally I think it'd be a cop out to trade Fasth, he signed with us from the SEL for a reason. You don't woo a player, have him sign, then extend him and then trade him after one season.

Unless he wants #1, which he would be with Edmonton.

What have Ericsson and Cannata been like so far? Lack seems to be transitioning slightly roughly.

Still better than wooing a player, have him basically sign, then not extend him and lose him to... Edmonton. Wait. This sounds VERY familiar.

I'm sorry Dastardly

To be fair, that's Lack's first 2 NHL games. In both games he had a bit of a shaky first period, then settled down later. I think we have to give him some more time to evaluate him than just 2 games. He definitely shows a ton of potential though. Ericsson and Cannata both started pretty badly in Utica, but... we'll see.

Heretic

Still better than wooing a player, have him basically sign, then not extend him and lose him to... Edmonton. Wait. This sounds VERY familiar.

I'm sorry Dastardly

To be fair, that's Lack's first 2 NHL games. In both games he had a bit of a shaky first period, then settled down later. I think we have to give him some more time to evaluate him than just 2 games. He definitely shows a ton of potential though. Ericsson and Cannata both started pretty badly in Utica, but... we'll see.
-.-

Oh wow. Garbutt actually left his feet to make contact with Penners head RIGHT IN FRONT OF A REF.

Shannaban incoming.

I'm sorry Dastardly

OwwwWWWW.

At least we tried to sign him.

Oh really? Only two NHL games? I thought he had more.

Actually, with the way that Lindholm has turned out, Edmonton can keep Justin Schultz.

This is the year that Murray picking off the board has worked out very well. Even Dumba would've been a shittier pick than this kid.

WEEEEEE ARRRRRREEEEE THE CHAAAAAAAAMPIONS

Game over! Seven in a row now?

Yeah... Didn't see us winning this after the first. But wow, what a comeback.

Campbell is gonna tell his grandkids in 25 years time about how he gave up goals to Selanne, Getzlaf and Perry in his first NHL game.

On the flipside, what a start by Andersen. Wow.

Top Bottom