• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

I realize that all of you guys shit on hfboards a lot, but sometimes it's not so bad.

Right now, at least on the Wild board, is not one of those times.

People advocating for trading second in franchise points history, first permanent captain, current leading scorer, and our number one center Mikko Koivu, who, not to mention, is signed for five more years, for UFA-to-be Thomas Vanek?

What. The. Fuck.

Samyy

Ashton, Broll and Smith all get sent down to the AHL (im assuming temporarily) but
Leivo gets to stay! Good for the kid, hes looked alright.

Razorskin

----- ------

VFpZ9ad.png

Vman

I realize that all of you guys shit on hfboards a lot, but sometimes it's not so bad.

Right now, at least on the Wild board, is not one of those times.

People advocating for trading second in franchise points history, first permanent captain, current leading scorer, and our number one center Mikko Koivu, who, not to mention, is signed for five more years, for UFA-to-be Thomas Vanek?

What. The. Fuck.

The Wild HF board is the biggest shit hole i have ever witnessed

Vman

So, just a general question, what does everybody here think of the Minnesota Wild? Just general thoughts. I'm curious.

It's the same thing every year with us. We go 500 for about 10 games then go on a run. Yeo has us playing the best hockey we have seen in years and we lead the league in many categories and Harding is playing Vezna quality hockey currently.

I expect at the minimum a playoff series win this year and anything other then that is a failure. The Wild have shown they are to good this year for anything other then a series win to be acceptable. Our record doesn't show it but outside of 1 or 2 games we have played exceptional. Also the amount of posts so far are unreal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs deserved to lose last night, but the refs are a fucking joke, I don't know how these clowns have jobs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, refs were all over the place. Hope Prust is ok. Not sure if I care about Briere at this point.
Prust's fall looked brutal. I could care less about Briere, the problem is he needs to be replaced and Habs don't have any forward prospects worth calling up. Bournival should get a lot more time now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sad for Biron. Wish he could have ended things on his own terms. He's got some nice opportunities in broadcasting waiting for him. Good guy and the best Rangers backup since............Mike Richter? Trying to think of anyone who has been better since then.

Meanwhile, Cam Talbot is back up after swapping goalies with the Wolf Pack again.

Darroll Powe has also been sent down. That move is only interesting because we now only have 11 active forwards on the roster.

Papa Johns didn't expect us to be very good I bet. :p

I haven't had Papa Johns in years and took advantage of the offer just now, hands down the worst delivered pizza I've ever had. Zero flavor, cheese was maybe 40% melted, giant fucking pieces of onion instead of chopped. Apparently they're pretty lazy when you get a big discount like that. Was not worth the $10.

I haven't had Papa Johns in years and took advantage of the offer just now, hands down the worst delivered pizza I've ever had. Zero flavor, cheese was maybe 40% melted, giant fucking pieces of onion instead of chopped. Apparently they're pretty lazy when you get a big discount like that. Was not worth the $10.

I actually like it, I like the big onions. It's better than Pizza Hut and Domino's.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck happened to Chris Kreider?

Did Torts break him before he left?

Not really. Kreider was having a shitty season last year for MONTHS before Torts ever even got to do anything.

His start to this season, however, has been much much better. According to pretty much everyone reporting on the Wolf Pack, he's doing everything right now in pretty much all situations and looks close to NHL-ready, which was decidedly not the case last season. I think the team wanted to leave him down as long as possible to give him consistency, but with half of our top 6 out and the team playing as disgustingly as they did yesterday, they didn't really have much choice.

Will be interesting to see how he does. He should be getting top 6 minutes in Philly if Vigneault is using him right.

There are also some rumors that they're looking to trade Kreider, but that's mostly coming out of the Ottawa Sun, so....

Samyy

9 goals on 38 shots is enough to get put on waivers and conequently retire it seems.

Don't know why NY did it so quickly, season just started and a lot of goalies aren't playing well. Plus hes a backup.

I can understand him retiring because apparently he had a broadcasting gig lined up and I assume its a safer option then trying to break back in from the AHL.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know why NY did it so quickly, season just started and a lot of goalies aren't playing well. Plus hes a backup.
Not just the number of goals given up but the kind of goals. And that's not even counting the Hertl goal. His game against the Blues was especially horrendous.

Marty just didn't have it anymore, and he knew it.

I can understand him retiring because apparently he had a broadcasting gig lined up and I assume its a safer option then trying to break back in from the AHL.

Kinda shocking.

Yeah, he was killing it on TSN during the offseason back in 2010. Would be good to see him on a panel. Can be the Ying to Aaron Wards douchiness Yang.

Biron even admitted he has been thinking about retirement prior to this. You knew something was up when he wasn't at the start of training camp.

edit:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 13m
Marty Biron on decision: "I have been thinking about it for months now...." (cont)

Top Bottom