• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How did we get Perreault. Where did he come from (rhetorical question: Capitals). Why is he so good.

Also lol @ Beauchemin beating down Jamie Benn.

That's how I feel about Ryan Stanton. And Santorelli. And to a lesser degree, Richardson.

So I wonder with this 7 game win streak if the NHL or east coast is actually going to pay attention to us. Maybe we might be included somewhere higher than #7 on someones power rankings?

Maybe I should post more, that'll wake up those fat cats down in Washington.

That's how I feel about Ryan Stanton. And Santorelli. And to a lesser degree, Richardson.
Santorelli looked great for one season down here then he had a major shoulder surgery and never really recovered. He was not skilled enough for the top 6 and too soft for the bottom 6. Good for him he looks like he's finally getting back on track.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
A week break in our schedule is some bullshit of the highest quality.

Canucks have 4 games in the same span that the Blues have 0. Enjoy your free win on Friday.

Santorelli looked great for one season down here then he had a major shoulder surgery and never really recovered. He was not skilled enough for the top 6 and too soft for the bottom 6. Good for him he looks like he's finally getting back on track.

Torts said he was the single best prepared/best shape player that came to training camp. Of ALL the Canucks. And he's leading the team in goals, Torts loves him and he's jumping around between lines 1 and 2, sometimes 3. But he's definitely set in stone for the top9. Signed to a league-minimum 2way contract. Pretty amazing deal for us. And for him, it seems.

Heretic

Wooohoooo!

Great game that had it all. 7-game winning streak!

I think it's time we retire "Light that lamp, marvie!"

New season. New slogan.

What say you, Captain Dastardly?

Quick

Banned
Old news, but the NFL is copying the NHL's All-Star Game draft format for the Pro Bowl. Pretty cool. Actually a good idea coming from the NHL front office.

I wouldn't mind the NBA adopting the same format, too. It's probably trickier/impossible to do with the MLB, considering the MLB All-Star Game affects the World Series, unless they get rid of the home field advantage prize.

Heretic

Finally saw that hit on Penner. Didn't see it when it happened.

Ugly. Not a fan of him but I hope he's alright. He was motionless for a while. Tried to sit up two times and just fell back.

Was it dirty?

Who will he embarrass into retirement this time!? I know Crazed is hoping for Cleary.

fucked up.

also Fox Sports pun's are pretty bad:

tQKbvks.jpg

Finally saw that hit on Penner. Didn't see it when it happened.

Ugly. Not a fan of him but I hope he's alright. He was motionless for a while. Tried to sit up two times and just fell back.

Was it dirty?

He got up and skated off with some trainers.

Yeah it was a bit dirty. Garbutt already gonna get at least 6 since he has a meeting with the NHL tomorrow.

Stars are terribad ... We have 0 chemistry.. our D is terrible and we didnt do shit to it this offseason.

Rebuilding yearssssssssssssss

Garbutthead has an inperson hearing. Gonna get tossed into the Shannabin.

What say you, Captain Dastardly?

The "Light that lamp, Marvie!" campaign concluded in spectacular fashion wherein Marvie did, actually, light that lamp. There was no better shining (pun intended) moment than that and it should finish on a high.

Unfortunately all the Ducks feed ads this year aren't as terrible as last seasons. They're just REALLY BORING instead. So there's no 2014 version of Ween Ween that stands out :( and we don't have a Rihanna tour advert... We have Paramore instead... And I'd totally go to that just to see Metric.

In the spirit of the 20th Anniversary, I just get Emilio Estevez in my head cheering while WEEEE ARRRRE THE CHAAAAMPIONS plays but that's about it.

And I wasn't even thinking about it until a few wins ago... But now we are actually back to constantly winning. So it kinda feels naked without having something to go with it.

What say you?

Was it dirty?

Left feet. Direct contact to head.

Heretic

Marvie's gif was glorious.

I think we have to let it come to us like "Ween Ween" and Marvie's lighting of the lamp. Also, we can't forget about your DucksWinParty.gif!!!

Who will he embarrass into retirement this time!? I know Crazed is hoping for Cleary.

And Sammy

So Kronwall back Wednesday and Helm back on Saturday... AH YEAH!!!!

However it looks like they want to trade/waive Tootoo by Saturday. :(
Toot's has been playing very well and has given that 4th line some much needed energy, but nope, have to have Cleary and Sammy signed taking up valuable roster and cap space. Both are completely useless in almost every aspect of the game right now in their career yet continue to play and screw more deserving players over.

Also will miss the game tonight, just picked up a Bauer Nexus 1000 (which I had tried earlier this year), so I'm going to drop in tonight to give it a try, dang stick weighs less than a pound, way lighter than my current sticks. Go Wings and don't collapse/suck like last game, but that may be too much to ask with Sammy, Cleary, and Smith in the lineup.

Edit: Wow, I just finally read that we got scored on by Mike Smith on Saturday, yeah I totally turned that game off after 4-2 and was too pissed to follow anything regarding that game until now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New Ranger lines:

Brad Richards, Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider
JT Miller, Dominic Moore, Jesper Fast
Taylor Pyatt, Brian Boyle, Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot, Derick Brassard, Derek Dorsett

Dat Brassard demotion. First line is right, though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Prust is out 4 weeks. Plus Patches and Briere hurt. Next game will be interesting.

Don't worry, Mike Blunden got called up...

Holland too. It's sad when stay-at-home defenceman Greg Pateryn is leading the dogs in scoring.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Moen
Holland-White-Blunden

I think Bournival will be a great fit on the Plekanec line, but Bourque gets screwed.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, Mike Blunden got called up...

Holland too. It's sad when stay-at-home defenceman Greg Pateryn is leading the dogs in scoring.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Desharnais-Moen
Holland-White-Blunden

I think Bournival will be a great fit on the Plekanec line, but Bourque gets screwed.

Lots of pressure on the EGG line, lets hope it doesn't crack ;)

Top Bottom