• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

CrankyJay

Banned
Seems like the media was just waiting to jump on the Sabres/Scott after the whole Scott/Kessel incident. It's all being blown way out of proportion.

Granted, the team is awful and the coach and GM should be fired. But now you people saying Pegula is responsible for ever roster move, creating the shit third jersey, and just wants to make money. It's stupid. The Sabres, under Pegula, now has the largest scouting department in the NHL. They were the highest payroll team in the NHL in 2012. They are building a humungous hockey center that will cost more than the franchise cost him. He's legit and his actions have shown it. He just needs to get over Darcy.

Tons of hyperbole in the article. Is this guy a Bruin's fan?

So who is this Ryan Lambert bitch?

A blogger, and that really tells you all you need to know.

Scott's hit was awful, and it sucks that the player is injured...

But where is the NHLPA in all this? I think it was Kypreos or McLean that mentioned this yesterday - where is the union here? Shouldn't someone be providing some leadership here?

Avs GAF prepare for potential disaster with Barrie in for Johnson tonight. I know it's just the canes but still, Barrie rookie season compared to this year.. I hope he's been watching film with someone.

After the last few years I'm always prepared for disaster. There are no excuses though, we should be able to win without Johnson for a few games, they just need to keep up the team defense.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The NHLPA should be protecting players against thugs like Kaleta and Scott, not protecting the actual culprits.

Stasis

Babs is learning!!! Though Dats and Z are split up and they were dominant together. :(

We'll still find a way to lose

No you won't. You're playing the Rangers man. Have you not seen them play this year?

Just score 2-3 goals and you'll be OK. Don't worry, Talbot probably won't be in net.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche...ent-looks-like-keeper-avalanche-coach-patrick
Avalanche's Paul Stastny, set to become free agent, looks like a keeper to coach Patrick Roy
ibo43gkmrMxSXU.gif

belvedere

Junior Butler
Your posts everyday make me laugh. Glad you're finally playing again.

Pls take it easy on us tonight Babby Ryan/Ottawa. Ducks are playing like they did under Carlye's last year :(

I'm glad to have something to talk about other than fishing trips and Derek Roy seeing Captain Phililps! For instance, after their entire week off, the Blues have played the fewest amount of games in the league!

:p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Blues are not off today.

Let's see

Blues team, well rested, hasn't played since Saturday, healthy

Canucks team, back-to-back, has had 4 games since Saturday, backup goalie starting, only 9 forwards healthy to play

... yeah, it's gonna be crazy.

Red_Man

Interesting tidbit on Beaulieu:

Next game Nate will become the first Habs defenceman in 25 years to play 11+ regular season games before the age of 21

Puts into perspective his progression so far, especially considering all the defensemen the Habs have pumped out in that time span.

Decided to evolve Fennekin after learning Flamethrower.

It looks awfully feminine. But mine is male.

I guess it's like having a male Kirlia.

Honedge is popular because of its typing. Plus it looks cool.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Let's see

Blues team, well rested, hasn't played since Saturday, healthy

Canucks team, back-to-back, has had 4 games since Saturday, backup goalie starting, only 9 forwards healthy to play

... yeah, it's gonna be crazy.

I think crazy describes it, yeah. The Blues are pretty good at forgetting how to play hockey after too much rest. Though it sounds like the guys are still pissed after the loss to Winnipeg a week ago. Maybe that will partially offset the handicap.

Smiley90

Decided to evolve Fennekin after learning Flamethrower.

It looks awfully feminine. But mine is male.

I guess it's like having a male Kirlia.

Honedge is popular because of its typing. Plus it looks cool.

Aegislash has great stats, too. And amazing typing. AND a great ability. King's Shield & attack combo if you make it slow means it barely gets scratched.

(king's shield priority puts it into defense mode, then opponent attacks. Then opponent attacks again while you're in defense mode because he's faster, then you attack as blade mode. Then you put priority king's shield again which puts you into defense mode to prepare for his attack, rinse and repeat)

Oh, so going +Speed wasn't the best nature. Oh well it's not a competitive team.

My Timid Squirtle has higher Attack than Special Attack right now. And they nerfed Hydro Pump wtf.

Red_Man

To be fair, I wouldn't go see the Panthers play the Sabres even if you gave me the ticket for free.

Curufinwe

I don't know why, but this map made me laugh. Philly, wtf are you doing

Also this one. so random.

The other maps are pretty interesting, too. As someone not from NA/Canada originally, it was fun to compare myself to where my pronounciation matches to.

E.g. I pronounce syrup as sear-up, which apparently only people in the northeast/NJ/NY area say? Whah.

I was glad when I saw that most Americans pronounce Mary/merry/marry the same, and then checked and found my wife was one of them. She likes to bug me about pronouncing talk and torque the same.

Smiley90

I was glad when I saw that most Americans pronounce Mary/merry/marry the same,and my wife was one of them. She likes to bug me about pronouncing talk and torque the same.

... wtf is wrong with you? How do those two even remotely sound the same? :lol

Acid08

Banned
Aegislash has great stats, too. And amazing typing. AND a great ability. King's Shield & attack combo if you make it slow means it barely gets scratched.

(king's shield priority puts it into defense mode, then opponent attacks. Then opponent attacks again while you're in defense mode because he's faster, then you attack as blade mode. Then you put priority king's shield again which puts you into defense mode to prepare for his attack, rinse and repeat)
There are good counters for this. Aegislash is great but gimmicky stuff like that tends to get snuffed out.

Smiley90

There are good counters for this. Aegislash is great but gimmicky stuff like that tends to get snuffed out.

There's counters to most things, but for a not-super-competitive setup it's a great Pokemon with an inherent combo.

TUSR

Banned
Breeding and NHL tonight.

too many defense on the Canucks

Ive got 10 Eevees kicking around in a box, plus im going to breed a few natures for people.

I don't know why, but this map made me laugh. Philly, wtf are you doing

Also this one. so random.

The other maps are pretty interesting, too. As someone not from NA/Canada originally, it was fun to compare myself to where my pronounciation matches to.

E.g. I pronounce syrup as sear-up, which apparently only people in the northeast/NJ/NY area say? Whah.

Dialect quirks are fun. As some whose lived in S. Fla, Bay Area in California, Hampton Roads area in Virginia, and Atlanta I've lived with a lot differences in dialects. VA is unique because there is a lot of the New England dialect in that small area of southern Virginia. I lived in Portsmouth but the pronounciation was "Port-Smith," Norfolk was "Nor-Fuk." While here in GA I cannot stand the southern twang and drawl I love the sound of the Appalacian dialect. For that you get Appalacia as "Apple-at-cha." From Miami you get a Hispanic take on English dialect. Like caramel is "kara-MEL" more like Spanish. Though it is far more a melting pot of different dialects in S.Fla because of all the migrants.

Smiley90

Can anyone trade me a Fennekin/Bulbasaur/Squirtle for my spare Froakie? I got a Froakie in a trade earlier and then got another one post-E4... -sigh-

TUSR

Banned
Can anyone trade me a Fennekin/Bulbasaur/Squirtle for my spare Froakie? I got a Froakie in a trade earlier and then got another one post-E4... -sigh-

i could probably breed you a fennekin and bulb, a squirtle or evolution of him to breed him.

Top Bottom