• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I tweeted about the shit quality of Leafs TV and a leafs fan responded to me with "at least the commentary is in English...." :lol :lol

Heretic

Ducks are starting an AHL goalie today! Anderson will be starting his first NHL game tonight after extending his contract. Looks like Hiller might be out the door soon...

Projected lines for tonight:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Kassian
Archibald-Richardson-Welsh
Sestito-Pelletier-Weber

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa

Lack

At least defence is still stacked, because that's one ugly ass bottom nine.

omg the PA speaker in columbus is worse than their cameras

HOW

Boomer_the_Cannon_2010-12-04.JPG

I blame this guy

Giggzy

Come on Ducks.... Not expecting much in this back to back. I guess with how little we moved our feet yesterday we should be fresh...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It looks like the main camera is the really shit one.

Other cameras have looked decent or what you'd expect from real HD.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I tweeted about the shit quality of Leafs TV and a leafs fan responded to me with "at least the commentary is in English...." :lol :lol

Haha.

Speaking of commentary, I had to watch the Habs game using the Ducks feed and I thought they were great. Probably one the most unbiased home announcers teams.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey, Columbus, that's our goal horn! And song!

Columbus stole our goal song

wtf it's our old goal song

Hahahahaha Columbus took our shitty goal song from 11/12

Jackets trolling with that old Leafs goal song

wait, whose goal song?

Projected lines for tonight:

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Kassian
Archibald-Richardson-Welsh
Sestito-Pelletier-Weber

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa

Lack

At least defence is still stacked, because that's one ugly ass bottom nine.

... ahahahahahaha

no seriously

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaa

How many minutes are our top2 lines gonna play? Because as far as I'm concerned, we don't have a 3rd or 4th line. We have 7 forwards that deserve to be playing in the NHL. the rest is... oh my god.

1st line gonna play 30+, 2nd line gonna play 20+, 3rd and 4th line better not combine for more than 10mins.

Thank GOD our defense is healthy for once. But Lack is playing, so... we'll see. And we're tired.

I have a feeling this game is going to suck MASSIVE balls if STL forgot how to play hockey after a week off. We'll just turtle and they'll trip over themselves.

Heretic

Haha.

Speaking of commentary, I had to watch the Habs game using the Ducks feed and I thought they were great. Probably one the most unbiased home announcers teams.

They really are. I don't understand when people complain. Hazy and Ahlers ALWAYS give credit where credit is due and on top of that are always critical of Ducks' play.

wait, whose goal song?

... ahahahahahaha

no seriously

aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaa

How many minutes are our top2 lines gonna play? Because as far as I'm concerned, we don't have a 3rd or 4th line. We have 7 forwards that deserve to be playing in the NHL. the rest is... oh my god.

1st line gonna play 30+, 2nd line gonna play 20+, 3rd and 4th line better not combine for more than 10mins.

Thank GOD our defense is healthy for once. But Lack is playing, so... we'll see. And we're tired.

I have a feeling this game is going to suck MASSIVE balls if STL forgot how to play hockey after a week off. We'll just turtle and they'll trip over themselves.

We have an elite 1st line, a 2nd/3rd line, a 4th line, and... that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Haha.

Thats what I was saying during the game, definitely one of the better commentators in the league from what I've heard at least.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Thats what I was saying during the game, definitely one of the better commentators in the league from what I've heard at least.

Was there a problem with the Habs feed? I didn't watch the game until midnight so I was surprised that there was no Montreal feed.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Holy shit that Clarkson/Bolland/McClement cycle is so hot.

Clarkson may go really well with Lupul and Kadri in the future.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
looks like columbus needs to murder one of the leafs to get a penalty :/

There was a dump in play and the defender stuck out his arm and pushed the leaf player back.

I HATE HATE HATE when any team does this. You dump it in, so you should let them go in and fight for it instead of interfere with them.

Smiley90

We have an elite 1st line, a 2nd/3rd line, a 4th line, and... that.

We BARELY have a 4th line. playing as a 3rd line.

On the bright side, Alberts has (rightfully so) been deemed so bad that even with only 7 NHL forwards, he doesn't get to play. thank god.

Yeah....... yeah. Our only hope is that STL forgot how to hockey during their time off, in which case this game will be very, VERY bad to watch, because the Canucks aren't gonna provide much entertainment. Well... maybe by being hilariously bad.

Var

If you're into Be a GM on any EA games, it's miles better than that. If you're into Manager Games in general, it's quite a bit worse than the Sega Football (soccer) manager games, but... it's hockey, so it's got that going for it.

Finally had a chance to check this out today. It looks pretty awesome. I will definitely grab it as soon as they put it on Steam.

Smiley90

Apparently Kassian is on the 3rd line with Welsh centering and Richardson on the wing of the second.

Kassian demoted for... Being lazy? Who knows.

Top Bottom