• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Slurmer

Banned
I have no doubt that lavi wil succeed somewhere else, but this change was needed. The team has looked like shit since the beginning of last season. I can't remember the last time Philly changed coaches and didn't end up making the playoffs that same year, so hopefully they turn it around....but I doubt it.

Var

I have no doubt that lavi wil succeed somewhere else, but this change was needed. The team has looked like shit since the beginning of last season. I can't remember the last time Philly changed coaches and didn't end up making the playoffs that same year, so hopefully they turn it around....but I doubt it.

It has been a rough start, but I still think they make the playoffs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think the real problem in Philly is Ed Snider, a less senile version of Harold Ballard. I'm guessing he told Holmgren to get rid of Lavi.

DING DING DING DING

Snider has a hand in this team more than anyone knows. He knows his time is up soon, he wants another parade down Broad Street before he dies. When he really should just let the people he hires do the damn job, instead of meddling in everything.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't see any way that Philly makes the playoffs with Mason / Emery as their combo in net, there's just too many teams in the East that are better then them. Especially with the unbalanced playoff divisions they have going on.

ZeroGravity

I don't see any way that Philly makes the playoffs with Mason / Emery as their combo in net, there's just too many teams in the East that are better then them. Especially with the unbalanced playoff divisions they have going on.
Yup. Can easily see five teams from the Atlantic making it and Philly definitely isnt one of the best three in their division.

Giggzy

I can't speak for all Ducks fans but we don't seem to have any drama over our 1A/1B goalie situation. Hiller/Fasth seem to be okay rotating and the fans seem to love seeing both. Everyone feels confident no matter who is in goal. We'll see if that changes during a bad run of games though.

Red_Man

At least Montreal didn't do something stupid like give up McDonagh for him.
The way I look at it, if the Gomez deal didn't go down then we probably wouldn't have Galchenyuk now, at least that's what helps me sleep at night.

Curufinwe

I can't speak for all Ducks fans but we don't seem to have any drama over our 1A/1B goalie situation. Hiller/Fasth seem to be okay rotating and the fans seem to love seeing both. Everyone feels confident no matter who is in goal. We'll see if that changes during a bad run of games though.

That would be the ideal situation this season in Philly. But it won't matter if they can only score a goal per game.

Red_Man

We'll trade you our new #19 for Galchenyuk!
ehoKx2I.gif

Hunter S.

Captain Gabe Lando is back tonight. I have to say the passes Mac has mad on assits so far are beautiful. They set up some great looking goals. Hope he starts scoring goals too.

Solo

I remember when Manics shat on me mercilessly in 2010 when I said I liked the return of Eller in the Halak trade.....

......R.I.P., you sack lathering domestic disturbing beautiful cunt!

Sorry Leafs fans, tomorrow I hate you just as much as everyone else. But then it'll all be back to normal, assuming we win of course. Stastny will take multiple terrible penalties and put the game in jeopardy but you guys will still want to trade for him and I love you for it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You going to the game?

Wanted to, but didn't feel like paying for decent seats. Maybe next year.

edit: apparently there was only one autograph seeker at the hotel check-in for the Habs. I should have went to kick DD in the balls.

zedge

Wanted to, but didn't feel like paying for decent seats. Maybe next year.

edit: apparently there was only one autograph seeker at the hotel check-in for the Habs. I should have went to kick DD in the balls.

Ah, heh. Should be a good game, usually is.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit I'm just watching this Flyers conference now.

Goddamn Snider is super defensive.

"No, we don't need a fresh perspective"

I would never want my owner or GM to be that stubborn.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The pylon for JVR was the best trade ever for the Leafs.

Eh, I don't wanna dog pile on the guy. We put too much pressure on him too soon. It was too much to expect a fucking defensive defenseman teenager to save this team at the time. He was a terrible pick then and it's just starting to show now. Defensive defensemen should never be chosen that high.

Quick

Banned
Eh, I don't wanna dog pile on the guy. We put too much pressure on him too soon. It was too much to expect a fucking defensive defenseman teenager to save this team at the time. He was a terrible pick then and it's just starting to show now. Defensive defensemen should never be chosen that high.

I didn't think he was a bad pick. I think he was just rushed into a bad situation.

With more development time back in the WHL and the AHL, I think he could've ended up a better player. Imagine him spending time under Dallas Eakins? He'd have been whipped into shape, maybe even learn to be more offensive.

The coaching staff and management definitely learned from that and are now taking their time with Rielly.

lupinko

I didn't think he was a bad pick. I think he was just rushed into a bad situation.

With more development time back in the WHL and the AHL, I think he could've ended up a better player. Imagine him spending time under Dallas Eakins? He'd have been whipped into shape, maybe even learn to be more offensive.

The coaching staff and management definitely learned from that and are now taking their time with Rielly.

Well that was Ron Wilson's doing and look at him now!

Out of the job.

Anyway Schenn reminds me of when Burke brought in Weekes to Vancouver.

Kevin Weekes is the goalie of the future!

Things don't pan out, then gets traded.

Weekes is still the goalie of the future just not for the Nux.

Curufinwe

That's not a good thing

Actually it is pretty good for a 23 year old defensemen to be able to carry a team down the stretch when they had four regulars (Meszaros, Coburn, Grossmann and finally Timonen) out injured. Regular and advanced stats backed that up. Him and Kimmo were the only positive defensemen on the team, and he was second on the team in TOI.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/8/6/eastern-conference-defensemen-pairingtier-vs-team-production

I can't say I've noticed him looking bad in these three games apart from that awful turnover that lead to a goal last night, and I wouldn't write Bogosian off for doing the same thing, either.

Geez, I just noticed it was Dreger. I shouldn't have wasted my time on the Leaf's main media toadie trying to appease Toronto listeners.

Red_Man

Hopping on for some GTA online since the games start so late if anyone wants to do crew stuff, I've barely played online so I'm still figuring it out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Morgan Rielly is Schenn 2.0?

Crazy that Schenn was also a 5th overall pick.

Bite your tongue!

I think Schenn would do really well under Carlyle, he seems to be the type of guy he loves. But I am so happy with JVR...he completes me.

Both have been less than stellar so far.

I remember when Manics shat on me mercilessly in 2010 when I said I liked the return of Eller in the Halak trade.....

......R.I.P., you sack lathering domestic disturbing beautiful cunt!

Halak has the franchise record for the most shutouts with the Blues.

Which is kind've like saying "The guy in the wheelchair you just beat up has very shiny wheels".

Brunner :(

Seems he is scoring, but that team ain't winning.

Raising dat trade deadline eventual trade value.

Top Bottom