• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Razorskin

----- ------
Tie game!

kKqERae.gif

Maybe the Oilers should have at least tried to do something/anything on that PP.

They were acting like they had already won with 3 minutes left.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
David Perron is awesome. He's like a grittier Eberle.
So we have 2 Jordan Eberles. And one Taylor Hall, one NUUUUUGEEEE, and one Yakupov. Oh, also one Hemsky.
Feels good man.

Related: Magnus Pääjärvi has been healthy-scratched for the Blues' first 2 games.

Kings go on PP, Boyle wins the ensuing faceoff in the defensive zone, McDonagh fires the puck down the ice, Quick goes out to play it and knocks it in his own net.

That's something I always wanted to see happen and I missed it, I turned off the game after the 2nd.

Very similar, yes. Quick lost his stick too but actually knocked it into the net with his blocker and tried to chase after it.

Must be those good goaltending fundamentals the Kings commentators were talking about.

Edit: It's like he forgot about the puck when he was retrieving his stick.

are you stupid?

No...? I was mostly joking, but making a trade like the one I proposed is certainly in the realm of possibility and is certainly one I would endorse.

Zucker is a fantastic scorer. Fan favorite. Really fun to watch.

But he's horrible defensively. He has suffered from plenty of small minor injuries in the past. He is small on an already small team(28th, I believe, in average size and 16th in weight? He doesn't help in either category).

If Nino emerges to be a 2nd line threat like he could, we have room to maneuver when it comes to Zucker going forward. He's got a skillset nobody else in our prospect pool has but at the same time you have to maximize assets. Gardiner is an NHL ready defender and has potential to be a day in day out top-4 guy.

In my opinion, that is more valuable to the team long term than a middling one-dimensional second line forward.

Stasis

I thought we played well overall, and there are some things and some players I really liked. You can also see progression.

That said, we still only scored 1 goal, lol.

Vman

No...? I was mostly joking, but making a trade like the one I proposed is certainly in the realm of possibility and is certainly one I would endorse.

Zucker is a fantastic scorer. Fan favorite. Really fun to watch.

But he's horrible defensively. He has suffered from plenty of small minor injuries in the past. He is small on an already small team(28th, I believe, in average size and 16th in weight? He doesn't help in either category).

If Nino emerges to be a 2nd line threat like he could, we have room to maneuver when it comes to Zucker going forward. He's got a skillset nobody else in our prospect pool has but at the same time you have to maximize assets. Gardiner is an NHL ready defender and has potential to be a day in day out top-4 guy.

In my opinion, that is more valuable to the team long term than a middling one-dimensional second line forward.

There are many other prospects we have that would be better to trade then Zucker. Fontaine, Phillips, Scandella, Bulmer, and Haula would be traded ahead of Zucker.
You don't trade talent like Zucker when he has had a total of 20 games in the NHL and shown that he can be a everyday top 6 player.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ✔ @NYRangers
Just the way #NYR drew it up in practice for @RMcDonagh27!

Ha

Really solid game, saw a lot of stuff to like. Brad Richards played one hell of a game, probably his best overall game since before the lockout. Nash was a beast out there. Whole team was grinding, working, and showing the kind of energy that had been totally missing throughout preseason. Really good stuff to build off of.

PP looked vile, though, and way too many odd man rushes given up, especially while on the PP. Hank looked like he was in true Lundqvist form for the first time this season too.

Sharks tomorrow!

Top Bottom