• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

Heretic

The ball washing Quick is getting is hilarious. His post-game interview made it seem like he killed a puppy lol. That dude is mentally broken right now. I hate the queens as much as the next guy and I'll laugh at this goal till the cows come home but come on! It was one goal and it wasn't even the deciding goal! Brush it off, fucker lol.

Oh good, NHL.com has the McDonagh goal up now.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=454030&catid=35

Ha, it includes the mock cheer after the fact too. Awesome.

Lol dude is fragile mentally.

CCF23

Jesus Christ

image.php

Wow Quick.

DETROIT – Detroit Red Wings coach Mike Babcock is sticking with his third line for now, despite its struggles offensively the first three games.

Joakim Andersson, centering Daniel Cleary and Todd Bertuzzi, have no points and are a combined minus-8.

afFyz.gif

Bab's has completely lost his mind, and dang do I miss Brunner, 3 goals already on the season.

The ball washing Quick is getting is hilarious. His post-game interview made it seem like he killed a puppy lol. That dude is mentally broken right now. I hate the queens as much as the next guy and I'll laugh at this goal till the cows come home but come on! It was one goal and it wasn't even the deciding goal! Brush it off, fucker lol.

Drama queens.

so Holmgren and Schneider make stupid decisions.
Lavi is the one who pays the price?... okay

Should have fired Hommer also

Fixed.

Laviolette had a good run, but wouldn't adjust after everyone figured out how to beat his system. He didn't get fired last season due to an improbably winning streak that dropped our draft pick (though we would've wasted it on Morin anyway, so the wins were nice,) but was dropped after an apparently abysmal training camp, preseason, and regular season start.

Holmgren'll probably be gone when we don't make the playoffs again, but we'll see what happens.

There are many other prospects we have that would be better to trade then Zucker. Fontaine, Phillips, Scandella, Bulmer, and Haula would be traded ahead of Zucker.
You don't trade talent like Zucker when he has had a total of 20 games in the NHL and shown that he can be a everyday top 6 player.

But none of those guys have substantial value. Like, at all. Bulmer has been injured so much he's slowly but surely entering Cuma territory. Phillips started off badly last year and has slowly been improving but it's been a painfully slow process. Scandella? He's got the tools and the opportunity but still hasn't put it together after all this time. Fontaine is nothing more than a 3rd liner guy like Cooke at his peak. Haula has proven nothing and as such has little value.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not actively advocating for Zucker's trade. I'm just saying that if a nhl-ready/potential top-4 defender is on the block I would absolutely support trading Zucker for that player. Aside from Granlund/Coyle/Nino, Zucker is the only forward prospect the Wild have that could be traded for a player of that caliber.

Every day Top six? Then why did he not make the team? I fully support his game and think we need a player of his type on the roster at all times just to spark some more energy but when he has defensive lapses the way he does I can't help but feel that his negatives outweigh his positives.

Curufinwe

Fixed.

Laviolette had a good run, but wouldn't adjust after everyone figured out how to beat his system. He didn't get fired last season due to an improbably winning streak that dropped our draft pick (though we would've wasted it on Morin anyway, so the wins were nice,) but was dropped after an apparently abysmal training camp, preseason, and regular season start.

Holmgren'll probably be gone when we don't make the playoffs again, but we'll see what happens.

Right, Hextall will come in if they don't make the playoffs.

Laviolette always gets run out of town as teams adjust to his gimmicky 2-1-2 forechecking system. Happened in New York and Carolina, too. His system has a short shelf life, and was particularly ill suited to this current team.

Var

Still debating getting the new Pokemon. The only one I have ever played was Black and I lost interest pretty early on.

Var

Full changes:

@tpanotchCSN: Craig Berube changes up lines and all 3 d-pairs: 5-8, 41-32, 44-22;
25-14-24; 19-28-17; 10-40-93; 37-18-36/45

Thomas will get the nod today. Hubey with Goc and Steeg, Flash with Barkov and Boyes. Surprisingly Shore is in with Barch out. Team was running a lot of PP drills today and yesterday. This team will live or die on the PP, hopefully they figure it out.

Merguson

Banned
Jay McClement's wife is in labour so he missed practice. No word on whether he'll play tonight. No injury, thankfully.

McClement is awaiting birth of his child and missed morning skate as a result. "Hopefully it comes quicker than later," Carlyle says.

Top Bottom