• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

fxidxLt.gif

who is that babe?

i must know....

for scientific reasons.

Quick

Banned
No sure why we would've signed Winnik for 2 years if we were gonna trade him.

It's 50/50.

If he pads his stats enough, the second year of his deal could be more enticing for teams who may be looking for some veterans who can contribute in the long term, but without the outrageous terms you might get from other salary dump trades.

On the other hand, he could just stick around the extra year to be a veteran presence with the Leafs for when new players and prospects come in to look out for.

That's my take on the deal, at least.

zroid

Banned
So far Winnik, Boyes and Hunwick look deadline tradable at the very least. Hopefully that number increases...pick up your game Parenteau
Arcobello will get traded. That's his thing!

someone pls take Polak. he seems perfect for the Broons.

Super shitty start for the Penguins so far, guys. This can only be a good thing as they learn to play together, stop arguing, and end up getting on the same page as the season progresses. They'll be doing the flying V in game 7 of the Cup Finals in 2016. Get ready for the feel-good story of the NHL season.

giphy.gif

It works

zroid

Banned
I'm hoping for the sake of our draft pick, Pitt figures it out when they get back home. Opening the season on the road, in a different conference, can be challenging... (is the excuse I'm inventing on the spot)

I'm hoping for the sake of our draft pick, Pitt figures it out when they get back home. Opening the season on the road, in a different conference, can be challenging... (is the excuse I'm inventing on the spot)

Which kinda falls apart when you see that Winnipeg has also started the season on the road, in a different conference and are 2-0 so far.

zroid

Banned
Which kinda falls apart when you see that Winnipeg has also started the season on the road, in a different conference and are 2-0 so far.

that assumes the difference in talent between the Jets and Bruins/Devils isn't great enough to overcome such disadvantages

Parch

Some teams have good camps and are better prepared for regular season games. Other teams are not. Doesn't mean the first week is a reflection of the entire season.

zroid

Banned
Can't believe I'm feeling sympathy for Marchand but that's jjust how much concussions suck I suppose

True, but the same could be said of the difference in talent between the Pens and the Stars/Coyotes.

Yeah but we can't really say that because we don't know for certain what anyone's true talent is this early in the season. :p

Pikma

Banned
I don't see anything wrong with the Pens, it's not like they're coming off a brilliant last season, they only made it to the playoffs because the Eastern Conference is simply pathetic and there was literally no one else to take that last spot.

Sanjuro

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins just blow everything up this year.

Maybe we finally have a shot at acquiring Bergeron

I wouldn't mind seeing that tbh.

This should have been addressed a while ago. Yet, this is the same team that sent away every high draft pick on the planet. Hopefully this season is bliss.

Pikma

Banned
So the Stars have this fucking weird trend where they lose ~80% of the games where they outshoot the opposing team, and they win ~80% of the games where they're outshot. Unfortunately, I can't remember where to find the exact numbers, but
the win against the Penguins and the self-inflicted loss from yesterday continues said trend.

So the Stars have this fucking weird trend where they lose ~80% of the games where they outshoot the opposing team, and they win ~80% of the games where they're outshot. Unfortunately, I can't remember where to find the exact numbers, but
the win against the Penguins and the self-inflicted loss from yesterday continues said trend.

So they're the Leafs?

who is that babe?

i must know....

for scientific reasons.

Angie Griffin, she of the giantswin.gif, aswin.gif and yankeesareoff.gif fame. She's the penultimate win gif. All other win gifs can only dream of being as wingiffy.

Careful, though. This is a rabbit hole than once you go down, you can never emerge from.

Quick

Banned
No sympathy for Marchand and all the dirty shit he's pulled over the years.

I have sympathy for anybody getting a concussion, since that injury really stays with you if it gets worse.

Marchand's hard to sympathize for, but I have some sympathy for him.

Top Bottom