• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 3m3 minutes ago
Pouliot RNH Purcell
Korpik MCDavid Yakupov
Klink Lander Slepyshev
Hendricks Letestu Gazdic

Lauri Korpikoski playing with McDavid.

xVzszLL.png

Hall is ill.

Quick

Banned
Technically, both Senators teams are considered separate franchises by the NHL.

But fuck it. That's what the fans want to associate with.

zroid

Banned

Pikma

Banned
So I was thinking about wearing my Benn jersey to school today but then remembered Lehtonen will play tonight and immediately changed my mind.

jk, it was this fucking heat what made think twice, stupid global warming

Speaking of, I wonder if Lindy Ruff's plan for the team is just to keep changing goalies every time one of them crashes, rinse and repeat until one gets any kind of momentum going, because it looks like it is so far and if that is indeed his plan then Lindy Ruff and whoever allowed him to make a plan that stupid deserve to be fucking fired.

Miller has been the Canucks' best player the first 3 games. He might play again tonight with Markstrom injured.

I thought the Canucks played well last night, keeping up with Anaheim's speed. Baertschi was invisible though and I hope Virtanen slots in for him on the second line. We could use his size against the Kings.

The defense is also iffy outside of Edler and Tanev. Bartkowski has made Hamhuis look bad; when a team like the Bruins is so desperate for defence yet lets him walk, you have to wonder.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Calamari was the one that had me associate Larkin with Larkin Love. lol

That Power Girl

ESPN did another one of those lists ranking every team in the four major North American leagues.
Two NHL teams in the top 5.

Also, Titans are bottom 10 where they belong lol

Ugh, the Ducks plummet from #2 to #4 across all sports. No doubt our historic slide this season is to blame.

Edit: LOL, our Chief Marketing Officer is named "Aaron Teats."

Pikma

Banned
Also, just saw my ex at the parking lot and while I actively try to avoid her every time I see her this time I couldn't get in my car fast enough because she basically stood in front of me and stopped me because "she wanted to talk", I though "alright maybe she has changed, let's hear her out". Nope, she has not changed at all, the convo went something like this...

Her: Hey how are you doing
Me: I'm doing pretty good, just as usual, you?
Her: How's your best friend? (Her mom died a few days ago)
Me: Mostly fine, I've been trying to help him in whatever I can.............
Then out of nowhere she interrupted me and said
Her: I miss you, don't you miss me?
Me: huh?
Her: Not even sometimes?
Me: I won't answer that, I gotta go, see you later
Her: would you a least please give me a hug?

UGH
why the fuck do people like to put you in such fucking uncomfortable situations, what the fuck does she expect me to answer? And it's been so fucking long too, like year and a half since we broke up and I already spoke with her against this kind of shit before and already told her I'm not interested in any of it.

Edit: sorry for the personal rant, it's just that it fucking pissed me off and wanted to let it out

Clydefrog

Also, just saw my ex at the parking lot and while I actively try to avoid her every time I see her this time I couldn't get in my car fast enough because she basically stood in front of me and stopped me because "she wanted to talk", I though "alright maybe she has changed, let's hear her out". Nope, she has not changed at all, the convo went something like this...

Her: Hey how are you doing
Me: I'm doing pretty good, just as usual, you?
Her: How's your best friend? (Her mom died a few days ago)
Me: Mostly fine, I've been trying to help him in whatever I can.............
Then out of nowhere she interrupted me and said
Her: I miss you, don't you miss me?
Me: huh?
Her: Not even sometimes?
Me: I won't answer that, I gotta go, see you later
Her: would you a least please give me a hug?

UGH
why the fuck do people like to put you in such fucking uncomfortable situations, what the fuck does she expect me to answer? And it's been so fucking long too, like year and a half since we broke up and I already spoke with her against this kind of shit before and already told her I'm not interested in any of it.

Edit: sorry for the personal rant, it's just that it fucking pissed me off and wanted to let it out

She loves you, Pikma. Don't be so cold. :(

The thread in OT reminded me, so are we doing an NHL-gaf Secret Santa this year?

If we are, I'm in.

ill be in japan from 12/15-1/1 so if this happens I might be interested, but whoever I got would get theirs delayed. (It would be a souvenir though). Theres gotta be goofy hockey merch in japan

Count me in too, I won't be here in SD but that shouldn't be a problem at all

Whomever I am the Secret Santa of can look forward to a Connor McJesus idol figurine

I'm in for NHL-GAF Secret Santa.

Will provide autographed Don Quick pictures to Good Ontario Kids from Mimico.

pls be my secret santa

So by my count that's 6 thus far. Unless TUSR and zroid were joking.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about 80% sure that I'm going to be snoozing through the Preds game tonight. Running on 1.5 hours of sleep thanks to my shift going long.

If it's like the last two games, Preds will win but look shitty in the process.

imBask

Banned
I'm about 80% sure that I'm going to be snoozing through the Preds game tonight. Running on 1.5 hours of sleep thanks to my shift going long.

If it's like the last two games, Preds will win but look shitty in the process.

typical american hockey fan, just as bad as Panthers "fans". You don't deserve a team

i'm kidding this time

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The team with the fewest power play opportunities in 2005-06 (FLA, 411) had more than the team with the most PPOs in 2014-15 (DET, 294)
Meanwhile everyone is bitching about scoring being so low and the league does nothing to stop all the clutch and grab and international interference bullshit going on.

Meanwhile everyone is bitching about scoring being so low and the league does nothing to stop all the clutch and grab and international interference bullshit going on.

Anyone have any figures on how this has been going thus far this year? Or at least compared to last year? Extrapolations or anything?

Anyone have any figures on how this has been going thus far this year? Or at least compared to last year? Extrapolations or anything?
I dont think its worth extrapolating yet. The game looks to be similar to last year with how its being played, but scoring is high in the early games. I would wait a while. I would assume its going to be similar in the end to last year

Top Bottom