• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

slightly off topic, but jeeeeeze - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cssjdp5kidA

Look at this picture instead of the youtube slideshow thing

uw70RaL.jpg

Calamari41

41 > 38
Dear Calamari41,

Today, two teams collide.

The Ducks and the Coyotes.

May Ryan Getzlaf shit himself and be forced out of the game in shame. Aside from that, may it be a competitive, well played match.

This game is make or break for the season. Whomsoever loses this game will be run out of town on a rail. I'd better start learning French if I plan on following next year's Quebec Canards.

What a risky hit by McDavid.

Only saw the third period last night but the Canucks played pretty well despite the Kings trying desperately for a goal. They got in the shooting and passing lanes a lot, as evidenced by Miller only facing 15 shots.

Virtanen didn't play much but I heard he made the most of it.

Might be too early to be concerned about the power play but it needs work.

imBask

Banned
when the pens fire johnston, I would expect Martin to just be promoted into his place. Carlyle would never happen

reading the name Jacques Martin made me nauseous

I hope Kessel is ready to never go past the blue line even if they're losing 4-0! gotta protect that lead lost!

he's the only coach that almost made me lose interest in hockey, I didn't watch all the games for the first time in my life

Cake Boss

Banned
I enjoy listening to Leafs lunch more than listening to these TSN1200 dicks here in ottawa, even though its mostly all leafs talk, at least its hockey talk and not some stupid bullshit about golf, redblacks, nfl or some minor hockey shit etc

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Even Emelin has been decent. Although I think it has more to do with the overall change in the way they play, than him getting any better, plus Petry's influence. He has been hitting more though.
He's been surprisingly decent to start the season. I'm not sure if it's because of Petry, or he's in better condition or both. His hits last night were classic Emelin play which he needs to be doing to stay relevant. We really don't have any dead weight on this team right now, even Flynn has been decent and DSP has looked great on that 4th. It's very noticeable how much effort he put into his off season

reading the name Jacques Martin made me nauseous

I hope Kessel is ready to never go past the blue line even if they're losing 4-0! gotta protect that lead lost!

he's the only coach that almost made me lose interest in hockey, I didn't watch all the games for the first time in my life
I wouldnt be happy about it, but I would still take martin over carlyle

Foggy

...why?

I thought Foligno was a bonafide top six if not top line player.

3 awful penalties against Buffalo is probably the culprit. I'm sure it's just one of those "send a message" thingies. Even still, I'd say he's a top six guy but not a top line player. He just has really good chemistry with Johansen.

On the plus side of things:

CRSvBheWsAAoBoo.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I enjoy listening to Leafs lunch more than listening to these TSN1200 dicks here in ottawa, even though its mostly all leafs talk, at least its hockey talk and not some stupid bullshit about golf, redblacks, nfl or some minor hockey shit etc

What I really like about Leafs Lunch is just it feels like a bunch of buddies just sitting around and shooting the shit most of the time.

It's kinda refreshing.

Stasis

Don't care for baseball but I'd watch a Mets Bluejays WS.

Is that even possible? I mean I know it is in terms of brackets/divisions, but I know nothing of these teams and their rivals. Realistically can either/both make it?

3 awful penalties against Buffalo is probably the culprit. I'm sure it's just one of those "send a message" thingies. Even still, I'd say he's a top six guy but not a top line player. He just has really good chemistry with Johansen.

On the plus side of things:

CRSvBheWsAAoBoo.jpg

That poster is awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just looked up Foligno in fantasy and he's ranked 50th overall - definitely a worthwhile pick still. 2 assists, 8PIM, 1 PPA and 12SOG in 3 games isn't so bad in terms of fantasy value.

RedRum

Banned
Poutine is the one food I have never, ever tried and I know if I don't go to Canada to try it then I'm cheating myself.

Foggy

I just looked up Foligno in fantasy and he's ranked 50th overall - definitely a worthwhile pick still. 2 assists, 8PIM, 1 PPA and 12SOG in 3 games isn't so bad in terms of fantasy value.

Yeah he's probably just trying to do too much, which is what happened for a stretch last year when he signed his extension. Also, his shooting percentage last year isn't sustainable so there'll be an understandable dip. Regardless, he'll mostly play with Saad and Johansen in addition to prime PP minutes so his production should treat you well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I know what dinner en blanc is, but that one just looks douchy. Isn't dinner en blanc supposed to be classy, not with tanktops and stuff?

Looks like Neuvirth is getting the start tonight over Mason.

hopefully a repeat performance from him tonight against the Hawks since we will need it especially if we don't wake up from our offensive slumber

Take this with a grain of salt, but a guy on the Red Wing's sub-reddit said he overheard Franzen talking to Bertuzzi at a Starbucks saying that he's going to retire. Hoping this isn't true, but boy do I want what's best for Franzen. Too bad because it looked like he might still have some gas left in the tank and could provide some value to this team.

But if this is the case, maybe the Wings wont have to trade Helm or waive Jurco to keep Larkin with the big club when Datsyuk comes back.

Edit/Update: Post has been taken down.

Tabris

I know what dinner en blanc is, but that one just looks douchy. Isn't dinner en blanc supposed to be classy, not with tanktops and stuff?

Sounds like Le Bal en Blanc is the party version of Diner en Blanc, so I don't think clothing is that off. Douchy, sure, but a lot of clubbing attire comes off douchy.

Take this with a grain of salt, but a guy on the Red Wing's sub-reddit said he overheard Franzen talking to Bertuzzi at a Starbucks saying that he's going to retire. Hoping this isn't true, but boy do I want what's best for Franzen. Too bad because it looked like he might still have some gas left in the tank and could provide some value to this team.

But if this is the case, maybe the Wings wont have to trade Helm or waive Jurco to keep Larkin with the big club when Datsyuk comes back.

He probably wouldn't retire because of the recapture penalty, they would probably just put him on LTIR until his contract is up.

Socreges

Banned

Edit/Update: Post has been taken down.
Was it Darren Dreger?

Top Bottom