• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Prices wife retweeted a video of Carey's hit on Krieder with the caption "I could watch this all day"

Me too Angela, me too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Richards' cap hit for the Kings:

CRaKXFAXIAAwrLt.png

Steve Downie, while on the bench, decided to get in on a scuffle between Doan and Ryan Carter on the ice. Really smart guy. Pretty sure he was kicked out of the game.

Fuck I'm jealous. What a great game to go to. We need more Habs fans posting here too.

It really was beautiful. Wild fans still down on Granlund?

At times. Mostly complaining about him being timid and not shooting enough.

DamnBoxes

Fuck I'm jealous. What a great game to go to. We need more Habs fans posting here too.

I'll poke my head in here throughout the regular season and playoffs, nice group of folks it seems like!

It was a fantastic game; one of the best goaltending duels I've seen in quite some time. Opening ceremony was incredibly well done (as usual), Drogba was in attendance, Krieder gets bodied by Price, it had a little bit of everything!

And damn, first time ever we win five in a row to start a season? Still boggles my mind, to think of all of the great Stanley Cup winning teams of past years that weren't able to accomplish that. Things are looking really good in Montreal right now.

Red_Man

Holy fuck Domi

I'll poke my head in here throughout the regular season and playoffs, nice group of folks it seems like!

It was a fantastic game; one of the best goaltending duels I've seen in quite some time. Opening ceremony was incredibly well done (as usual), Drogba was in attendance, Krieder gets bodied by Price, it had a little bit of everything!

And damn, first time ever we win five in a row to start a season? Still boggles my mind, to think of all of the great Stanley Cup winning teams of past years that weren't able to accomplish that. Things are looking really good in Montreal right now.
The atmosphere looked pretty fantastic on TV, and if you're keeping up to date with every game you should definitely post more. Somehow Leafs-Gaf out numbers us by 2-1.

Pikma

Banned
Not to sound like a dick or anything but I'd say you guys need to temper your expectations, not because I don't think the Habs are good enough, nor because I don't want them to do good, but because it's still waaaay too early and setting high expectations will only make a potential disappointment even more painful. Just be patient and enjoy the games, one at a time.

Red_Man

Not to sound like a dick or anything but I'd say you guys need to temper your expectations, not because I don't think the Habs are good enough, nor because I don't want them to do good, but because it's still waaaay too early and setting high expectations will only make a potential disappointment even more painful. Just be patient and enjoy the games, one at a time.
It's not about the record, it's about how much of a difference there is in their game tactics which I would guess is only apparent to Habs fans. The way they're playing is a complete turn around from last season, and it's not based on a small sample size, it's a very obvious change in team tactics which is what has been holding this team back for 2 years now.

Red_Man

Why is Downie still in the league?

I remember thinking the same thing about the Leafs at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season

Remember when they held the Sabres to a franchise-low 10 shots? Good times :(
Leafs didn't have the best goalie in the world or a top 3 D man then tho

Red_Man

Of course the Habs are an infinitely more talented team than any Leafs team in the past decade, I'm just saying, even tactic changes can exist only in small sample sizes.
True, but Therrien is such a stubborn son of a bitch, and in all the press the Habs have done this season they keep repeating the words puck possession and mentioning how much the D is jumping up in the play this year. It's been an obvious focal point for them and it's why I'm questioning how much of this is Therriens coaching or outside influence. This is not like him at all.

Pikma

Banned
It's not about the record, it's about how much of a difference there is in their game tactics which I would guess is only apparent to Habs fans. The way they're playing is a complete turn around from last season, and it's not based on a small sample size, it's a very obvious change in team tactics which is what has been holding this team back for 2 years now.
Of course I know it's not about the record, you guys are not Tabris. And totally I understand the situation you guys are in, I know you've been waiting so long to have a team this competitive, this good, and you're also in this situation where the team's core players are at their prime so there's this feel of urgency, of "now or never", and it's alright, it's alright to want it to happen. The thing is the NHL is probably one of the most competitive leagues in all of sports, and winning it all is not easy, there's so many factors that come into play that trying to set any kind of expectations this soon is just simply useless and it's something that won't take you anywhere nice.

And again, I'm not telling you guys to not get excited, all I'm telling you is to enjoy watching your team play, one game at a time.

Hmm, McDavid was a -3, played 20 mins.

Maybe the Oilers should try not to ruin this one?

It is 100%, in every way, based on a small sample size.

Yawnier

Banned
Doan looks done this year. So far behind the play. He's a notorious slow starter but he looks every bit like a 39 year old powerforward.

A lot of athletes (not just hockey I guess) who last that long seem to drop off a cliff once they hit around 38-39 years old.

Alur

That makes 3. Going for a bakers dozen fans in 2015!

I only lurk but I'm here as well, sort of. Just moved out here from Nashville and grabbed Yotes season tix to watch some games and check out the Domi + Duclair show. So far not disappointed, but I had watched Domi for a while in the OHL so I kind of knew.

Top Bottom