• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Tapping that 90's mullet power.

...That feeling when you give a shit fight one last go get the boss down to 5% health then get randomly disconnected to a black screen. Fuck you destiny you fucking shit game.

HariKari

The bandwagoners jump aboard as the Coyotes give the rest of the league a Hot Cosby.

I've been a fan since the inaugural season, having moved to phoenix the year before. I don't mind bandwagoners at all, because the Coyotes need people to watch and people to pay to see them. Last two years the team has been completely gutless. It's hard to watch losing hockey. But watching totally gutless, pushover, boring Dave Tippett trap style losing hockey where OEL gets treated like a punching bag by the other team? Yeah, it has been rough.

The veterans came out totally flat against the Wild, as expected, but the kids just kept at it. They play with a pace that looks almost alien. At one point, Tippett benched Duclair for taking a penalty but he scored the next time he took a shift. Even Jordan "I got the scout that drafted me fired" Martinook is playing better than guys that have been in the league ten years. The old boys want to run the team a certain way and Duclair/Domi/Rieder etc... are just trashing it ahead of schedule. I love it.

The Coyotes also have Dylan Strome, Brendan Perlini, and Christian Dvorak coming next year. Might generate enough excitement and sales to solve the lease problem.

As an aside, Boedker looks like garbage. Anybody want him?

Alur

That he does. Kind of depressing. I expected nothing but losing when I signed up for the tickets, just the hope of some entertainment from the kids. If they can keep this up even at a moderate pace I'll be thrilled.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've been a fan since the inaugural season, having moved to phoenix the year before. I don't mind bandwagoners at all, because the Coyotes need people to watch and people to pay to see them. Last two years the team has been completely gutless. It's hard to watch losing hockey. But watching totally gutless, pushover, boring Dave Tippett trap style losing hockey where OEL gets treated like a punching bag by the other team? Yeah, it has been rough.

The veterans came out totally flat against the Wild, as expected, but the kids just kept at it. They play with a pace that looks almost alien. At one point, Tippett benched Duclair for taking a penalty but he scored the next time he took a shift. Even Jordan "I got the scout that drafted me fired" Martinook is playing better than guys that have been in the league ten years. The old boys want to run the team a certain way and Duclair/Domi/Rieder etc... are just trashing it ahead of schedule. I love it.

The Coyotes also have Dylan Strome, Brendan Perlini, and Christian Dvorak coming next year. Might generate enough excitement and sales to solve the lease problem.

Chicago will take him. You can have Bickell in return.

Jaromir Jagr leads the NHL in goals.

In 2015.
But
zach-parise.jpg

Has more?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully the Oilers stay dogshit until the deadline so we can grab one of those forwards of theirs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
But

Has more?
Ah, so he does. For some reason the NHL site wasn't showing that last night even though all the games were done. I stand corrected.

Speaking of people who aren't leading the league in goals, here's the biggest problem for the Rangers right now:

Rick Nash: 0 goals
Chris Kreider: 0 goals
JT Miller: 0 goals

Factor in Tanner Glass, Jarrett Stoll, and Emerson Etem, and that's every single player on the LW so far this season with a combined 0 goals. Oscar Lindberg alone has as many goals as the entire top line combined and double the goals of the second line. That's not going to cut it.

We can kind of write off last night's shutout to some degree because "lol Carey Price," but we need to fucking wreck the Devils on Sunday in return.

The Coyotes making it interesting after starting so far behind is really encouraging. Last year that game would have been over as soon as it was 2-0. Man are those kids fun to watch. It makes it so you don't want to look away for fear of missing something.

I only lurk but I'm here as well, sort of. Just moved out here from Nashville and grabbed Yotes season tix to watch some games and check out the Domi + Duclair show. So far not disappointed, but I had watched Domi for a while in the OHL so I kind of knew.

Been to Oregano's yet?

Chris JohnstonVerified account
‏@reporterchris
David Clarkson makes his season debut for #CBJ vs. #leafs tonight.

Blue Jackets are totally going to win tonight, Cherry will probably have a segment on Clarkson tomorrow.

Acid08

Banned
Couture being out really fucking sucks, guess we're gonna see how this team reacts to some early season adversity.

Goldobin is on the roster for tonight, waiting to see what some of the beat guys have to say about the line at the morning skate.

Erdrick

I'm off to the Jets home opener against the Flames tonight. Pretty hyped for it and I'm quite optimistic for.the Jets this season as a whole. It's going to be a madhouse there if they score early, plus if it's anything like other significant games at home, True North will start the 50/50 draw pot at $50000 so I've gotta get me some 50/50 tickets. Already got my jersey ready with a change of clothes once I'm done at work.

It's going to be a great night, regardless.

put some chlorine in it that will do the trick

seriously don't do this

Hahaha. I feel like I'm just on an endless cycle of vacuuming, cycling, etc... but it's my own fault. I overfed them like crazy (well, my wife did but it's clearly my fault) and then did a couple very poor jobs of cleaning the tank. This time I've taken all the decorations out because that's where a ton of the junk was hanging out. I think I should be good after this.

Pikma

Banned
Nesterov will have a hearing today, McDavid was fucking lucky nothing happened to Oduya the other day, their hits were pretty similar

Quick

Banned
Then Tomorrow is Metal Leafs Soild V: The Kessel Pain.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my offence... and my skating... even my defence. The Kessel I've lost... the champagne gif I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our goal scoring.

Top Bottom