• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think TxdoHawk is an alt of an infamous NHLGaffer, reading his posts

Ah, right on time, here come the people on the internet who think I give a shit about their opinions.

See, that's the funny part: If I took to heart what every basement-dweller and nay-sayer thought about my life choices, you'd actually be right: My schedule would be wide open! I would still be living with my parents and probably flipping burgers.

Instead I live in my own place, work a full-time IT job + run a side business, and date an amazing woman (who coincidentally, doesn't like my hat, but still loves me anyway because people don't exist solely to please others).

And you know why? It's all because I'm more concerned with living my life the way I want to, instead of walking on eggshells trying to please people who have no impact on my well-being.

So: If any of you plan on becoming a senior executive at Herald Square NYC and signing off on my paystubs, or plan on becoming one of my many clients, by all means, give me a buzz and I'll be interested to hear what you have to say, on my fashion choices or otherwise. But if you can't measurably add value to my life or the lives of those I care about, your opinions are worth nothing to me.

And you know why I did? Because up until this point this thread was a circle-jerk of dweebs using a tired stereotype to make themselves feel better, and that's about as stimulating as watching paint dry. Any other topic along these lines probably would've been locked pages ago.

But you have a half-point: I really am wasting my breath in this thread. I'm never going to convince all you Internet Tough Guys that doing, wearing, and thinking what you want is going to bring you more happiness. But it's hard not to flaunt a little, when half this forum is filled with little boys terrified half to death that something they do or say is going to get them made fun of on the internet, oh nooooooooo.

Anyway, I'm done, promise. You can go back to your little smug superiority party now, or you can continue to take shots at me, I don't really mind either way.

Purple might be going a bit far, but I work for a fashion-focused conglomerate, you can get away with a lot if you keep it semi-dressy at least. No graphic t-shirts or anything like that.

Man, I told myself that was the last post, but...

So first I was I was a pre-pubescent child with no real schedule, now we are admitting I'm successful but because I like wearing a purple hat on occasion, it doesn't count and I should feel bad about how I look because...?

Instead of moving the goalposts inch by inch, why don't you just admit how you actually feel: The thought of someone with an attitude like mine being successful and happy bothers you. There, done, we don't have to argue about this anymore.

No, I'm done after this, for real this time. When the talking points get this inane, there's really no point. Like this:

I mean, considering I was just promoted...I guess...I will? Is this supposed to be a dig? Are IT jobs not a valid method of employment? What do you do that's so much more important by comparison buddy, brain surgery? This is just you reaching for anything you can grab onto at this point. Sit down, hater.

Smiley90

Ewwww your filthy european side is showing

rick-perry-texas-miracle.jpg

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
yeah this fedora thread is great

Haven't read through the thread but wtf is wrong with shorts? Polo shirts? Graphic tees?

Actually, what's wrong with anything on that list? Fedoras and bow ties are mildly questionable but that's mostly because they are very old fashioned.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Subban always wears a fedora and it drives me insane

I wanna watch us fall flat today but I have to do tough mudder.

Please nobody ever sign up for this stupid shit.
Aren't you excited to tell your friends who don't care how amazing of an experience it was, and how everyone needs to try it?!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna watch us fall flat today but I have to do tough mudder.

Please nobody ever sign up for this stupid shit.

I had to google that and it does not sound like fun.

Actic Enema – Participants plunge into a dumpster filled with ice water, dunk underneath a plank that crosses the dumpster, and pull themselves out on other side.
Electroshock Therapy – Live wires hang over a field of mud which participants must traverse.
Funky Monkey – A set of incline and decline monkey bars over a pit of cold water. The bars are slicked with a mixture of butter and mud.
Everest – Participants run up a quarter pipe slicked with mud and grease.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Cleary reporting to AHL

DETROIT – After taking a week to think about his future, Daniel Cleary has decided to report to the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Cleary told M-Live today that he will join the Griffins for practice on Tuesday. He was waived by the Detroit Red Wings last week and initially told the club he would not report to its AHL affiliate.

"I just needed some time to think it through," Cleary said. "I'm going to go down and be a good pro.

Haven't read through the thread but wtf is wrong with shorts? Polo shirts? Graphic tees?

Actually, what's wrong with anything on that list? Fedoras and bow ties are mildly questionable but that's mostly because they are very old fashioned.

Bow ties are in, fedoras are still out. Unless you are wearing it for work, cargo pants are out. Cargo shorts are an abomination.

Baertschi out, McCann back in, Prust to second line (what).

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter
Prust-Horvat-Vrbata
Burrows-McCann-Hansen
Virtanen-Cracknell-Dorsett

* Me opening a Timmies Hockey Pack*

"Oh Boy! I hope I get a Price card today"

*opens it*

*gets another Babby Ryan,Jeff Carter, and Teddy Purcell card*

bigshowcry_zps6122aafe.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Baertschi out, McCann back in, Prust to second line (what).

My theory is that Willie, rather than simply rewarding Prust, is trying to set an example for the younger kids that effort and production will get you greater opportunity. A kickstart for guys like McCann, Baertschi, and Virtanen.

Yawnier

Banned
* Me opening a Timmies Hockey Pack*

"Oh Boy! I hope I get a Price card today"

*opens it*

*gets another Babby Ryan,Jeff Carter, and Teddy Purcell card*

bigshowcry_zps6122aafe.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I've gotten like 4 Hossa cards so far. Why are there so many.

I did get a Subban and Price card in the same pack last week tho

Pikma

Banned
Travis Moen is out for the Stars too, with an undisclosed injury, which means my boy Klingberg played RW during today's practice

Stars alteady called Radek Faksa up because of this, it'll be a really nice opportunity for the kid.

Oh and Nichushkin will be back in the line up tomorrow, probably not because he earned it back, but because we have no option.

I've gotten like 4 Hossa cards so far. Why are there so many.

I did get a Subban and Price card in the same pack last week tho

Dude Ive gotten like 6 Jeff Carter cards. It's getting ridiculous. but it's also giving me nostalgia of collecting Yugioh, Pokemon and Digimon Cards. I used to collect NBA and WWF cards too.

I'm still trying to get Patches and Price.

Travis Moen is out for the Stars too, with an undisclosed injury, which means my boy Klingberg played RW during today's practice

Stars alteady called Radek Faksa up because of this, it'll be a really nice opportunity for the kid.

Oh and Nichushkin will be back in the line up tomorrow, probably not because he earned it back, but because we have no option.

You guys already won once in Florida, you really don't need to again.... Pls. <.< >.>

Yawnier

Banned
Dude Ive gotten like 6 Jeff Carter cards. It's getting ridiculous. but it's also giving me nostalgia of collecting Yugioh, Pokemon and Digimon Cards. I used to collect NBA and WWF cards too.

I'm still trying to get Patches and Price.

Huh weird. Don't think I've gotten a Cocaine Carter card yet.

I'm trying to get a Kessel card myself. No luck.

Pikma

Banned
You guys already won once in Florida, you really don't need to again.... Pls. <.< >.>
Oh I forgot to mention the most important fact:

Lehtonen will start again tomorrow

So I wouldn't worry about a potential loss, you guys got this. I don't care if we lose, just no more dirty hits, please!

Smiley90

NHL power rankings are shit as usual

1. Montreal Canadiens (4-0-0) (now 5-0-0)

makes sense

2. Tampa Bay Lightning (3-1-0) (now 3-2-0)

... they have a regulation loss, whereas you get...

3. San Jose Sharks (3-0-0)
4. Nashville Predators (3-0-0) (now 3-1-0)
6. Minnesota Wild (2-0-0) (now 3-0-0)
8. Detroit Red Wings (3-0-0)
12. Arizona Coyotes (3-0-0) (now 3-1-0)
13. Vancouver Canucks (3-0-1)

and then for the lulz

16. Anaheim Ducks (0-2-1)

and also only 50/50

7. Chicago Blackhawks (2-2-0) (now 2-3-0)
9. Washington Capitals (1-1-0) (now 2-1-0)

the fuck?

by point percentage, actual ranks:

1. Montreal (=)
2. Detroit/Wild/Sharks (Detroit +6, Wild +4, Sharks +1)
5. Canucks (+8 !)
6. Arizona/Stars/Panthers/Perds/Blues/Jets (Arizona +6, Stars/Panthers/Perds/Blues/Jets not even ranked)

12. Washington (-3)
17. Tampa (-15 !)
18. Hawks (-11 !)
24. Ducks (-9 !)

Why make power rankings when you're gonna base it off last season anyway? That's like, the opposite of a power ranking.

Quick

Banned
Not sure if I should take more PAIN to see the Leafs move closer to winning the Matthews Cup, or believe in the Cock.

COCKAKU

zroid

Banned
Once and for all we will learn whether David Clarkson playing in a game involving the Leafs causes his team to lose or whether he causes specifically the Leafs to lose

Top Bottom