• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was an unexpected win that broke all of Pikma's rules about the Devils by virtue of 3v3 OT

When is Splatoon happening today btw

I dunno. Does Splatoon NHLGaf prefer to play later on the evening?

I'm going to jump on soon to make sure I have all the latest updates installed at least
and make sure I skip through all the Callie/Marie dialogue beforehand.

Pikma

Banned
I dunno. Does Splatoon NHLGaf prefer to play later on the evening?

I'm going to jump on soon to make sure I have all the latest updates installed at least
and make sure I skip through all the Callie/Marie dialogue beforehand.
Yeah, later on the evening is fine, I'm studying for a damn exam right now

calder

Finally got around to watching Interstellar.

It was alright.

I tried to watch it and I'm sure I'll like it, but damn the dust bowl farming shit at the beginning is boring as fuck. And depressing.

Typical Central Division afternoon game - tight as hell and destined to end in a narrow, hard fought Jets loss. I haven't looked it up but I think the Blues are 14278 - 4 -5 against the Jets the past three seasons. I know for a fact Steen has 734 points in MTS Centre.
EDIT: yep.

Merguson

Banned
Christopher Nolan is a Hack-Fraud

AHFEe8S.gif

Quick

Banned
I liked Interstellar. I didn't mind the use of science and love being transcendent.

Christopher Nolan is great with ideas, but can definitely improve on overall execution. I also admire his preference for practical effects.

Samyy

Guys I'm so damn bored, have no desire to play any games/watch TV/watch hockey. Heck I even dug my guitar outta the closet and got bored after a few minutes. Haven't been able to read a book for weeks. I was hanging out with friends on Friday but all I could think about was going home and sleeping.

I'm seriously considering going to a doctor? I have no idea what's up.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
This fucking team man. I don't know who this guy is impersonating Therrien, but it's incredible. I've never seen a Habs team this balanced and intuned with each other. 20 shots in the third when protecting a one goal lead is something I never thought I'd see under Therrien. Nothing to complain about right now.

Pretty awesome. Killing me that I haven't been able to watch as closely as I would like the past week.

Hopeful Semin will start scoring soon!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys I'm so damn bored, have no desire to play any games/watch TV/watch hockey. Heck I even dug my guitar outta the closet and got bored after a few minutes. Haven't been able to read a book for weeks. I was hanging out with friends on Friday but all I could think about was going home and sleeping.

Burnout is a real thing

Tabris

I had this issue a couple times in my life, mainly when I was younger. Where the only thing I wanted to do was sleep and nothing else interested me - friends, girlfriends, hobbies, etc. You may be clinically depressed. Depression doesn't just exhibit via being sad. I believe I have the issue from genetics as my Mom had struggled through the same thing.

I personally will-powered my way through it, but most people usually need a boost from something - whether a drug or change of lifestyle (forcing yourself to work out to help rebalance yourself via the hormones that get released for example)

So I would recommend working out and see how that goes. If same thing or can't even get the motivation to try, you may want to go to a doctor.

Samyy

Burnout is a real thing

Well maybe, but I just spent all summer studying for exams and I haven't been doing a lot of that other stuff, so I dunno if I'm really burned out.

I You may be clinically depressed. Depression doesn't just exhibit via being sad. I believe I have the issue from genetics as my Mom had struggled through the same thing.

I personally will-powered my way through it, but most people usually need a boost from something - whether a drug or change of lifestyle (forcing yourself to work out to help rebalance yourself via the hormones that get released for example)

So I would recommend working out and see how that goes. If same thing or can't even get the motivation to try, you may want to go to a doctor.

Well I guess the one good thing is I've been working out regularly for the past few weeks! I think I might just be kinda tired from starting my new job, I'm gonna try sleeping earlier, normally 6-7 hours was enough for me but maybe I need to add an hour.

The thing that bothered me the most was a new work friend invited me to a Raptors game and the first thought I had was "how can I get out of this?" which is really not normal for.

But yea if this continues I'm going to a doctor

calder

Nasty forearm/elbow from trouba. That should be a 2ish game suspension honestly but the refs missed it so who knows. I bet Adam Pardy is in the press box mentally planning on a few games of action tho.

No idea who's winning this game. The coward in me would be fine with OT.

Tabris

Well I guess the one good thing is I've been working out regularly for the past few weeks! I think I might just be kinda tired from starting my new job, I'm gonna try sleeping earlier, normally 6-7 hours was enough for me but maybe I need to add an hour.

Ah, with that, you may just be getting older. I am used to working insane hours and getting 4 hours of sleep and then catching up sleep every couple of weeks, but some people as they get older need at least 8hrs to function.

Acid08

Banned

I have clinical depression/anxiety and exhibit all of these behaviors. Less so now after therapy and getting on medication.

I think you could take two courses of action:

1. Try changing up your routine. It sounds like you're in a cycle of the same types of activities, changing something could provide you with more of a spark.

2. See a professional, probably a psychologist. Someone who can't prescribe you something right away.

Good luck, man. PM me if you have more questions, I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

Edit: Also when was the last time you had a regular physical? Might be worth it to see a doctor and get some blood work done, make sure it's not a vitamin deficiency of some kind.

Get out of the house. Easier said than done, because I feel the same way, often

Samyy

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'll give it a few weeks to see if anything changes. I'll probably double-down on the exercise, try changing up my rountine (I'm gonna try some new genre's of books and stuff, new music), and force myself to go out as much as possible.

He just said he was hanging out with friends (out of the house) and he just wanted to go home and sleep.

Ah I misread, I thought he was hanging out with them this upcoming Friday.

I feel for you dude. I hope you find the answers you seek and the comfort you long for

The reason I said try and get out of the house is, I work from home and I think it's really taking a toll on me (being isolated)

LOVE IS MAGIC IS SCIENCE IS TIMETRAVEL

That was so dumb :lol

You've robbed yourself of the dizzying experience that is the climax in IMAX.

Definitely looked good on my 48" TV. Can't imagine how cool it would be in IMAX.

I haven't seen any movie in IMAX though so ehh.

So overrated it causes me pain

Definitely overrated (movie of the year? lol) but not that bad. Still fun.

Christopher Nolan is a Hack-Fraud

Wouldn't go that far but he isn't the GOAT like some on gaf say.

I tried to watch it and I'm sure I'll like it, but damn the dust bowl farming shit at the beginning is boring as fuck. And depressing.

Thought it was cool tbh. Probably the best part of the movie I thought. The space stuff was cool but I had more fun at the beginning than the end. Not to mention the damn thing just stretched on and on forever.

I still haven't seen Interstellar (or Gravity), for that matter.

Sometime in the next decade, probs.

Gravity sucked ass. Boring as hell.

Dang man that sucks. I get like that every once in a while but never for more than a few hours.

For me a long shower + walk outside is enough to fix it. Maybe try that?

Tabris

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'll give it a few weeks to see if anything changes. I'll probably double-down on the exercise, try changing up my rountine (I'm gonna try some new genre's of books and stuff, new music), and force myself to go out as much as possible.

Make sure the exercise includes weight training to really help balance your hormones
And get 8hrs of sleep for the next couple of weeks.

8 hours of sleep for life! Being older I need the sleep, maybe not 8 but 6 is good. At least consistently. hope things look up for you! You need some new things to stimulate the mind

calder

That's should be assault by Byfuglien.
The more I saw the replay the less wrong I saw with that hit. The puck was getting away from Bouwmeester so I guess you can call it charging. It wasn't nearly as bad a charge as the Blues got away with on Perreault but whatever.

Sucks to lose, now we're 4-2 like all the other mediocre teams. Fucking Central.

Merguson

Banned
I have clinical depression/anxiety and exhibit all of these behaviors. Less so now after therapy and getting on medication.

I think you could take two courses of action:

1. Try changing up your routine. It sounds like you're in a cycle of the same types of activities, changing something could provide you with more of a spark.

2. See a professional, probably a psychologist. Someone who can't prescribe you something right away.

Good luck, man. PM me if you have more questions, I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

Edit: Also when was the last time you had a regular physical? Might be worth it to see a doctor and get some blood work done, make sure it's not a vitamin deficiency of some kind.

I would consider this. It's a good idea either way to get blood work done. Everyone has good suggestions though.

I just got my blood work recently done. Still waiting on results. Been fatigued despite keeping to a good sleep schedule. Tough to concentrate on work, too. I haven't lost interest in the things I enjoy doing though.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Look up The Phantom Edit on Google. Contains Episodes 1-3 into one movie.

Oh I've seen them. I just don't want to watch them again.

GUYS, YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT TWO DAYS

OCTOBER 19, GOODBYE-HARPER PARTY
OCTOBER 20, LIFE IS STRANGE EPISODE 5

IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS

I did my duty I voted against Harper. I can only hope that he actually gets booted this time.

I know what I'm doing on Tuesday. :D

Samyy

I would consider this. It's a good idea either way to get blood work done. Everyone has good suggestions though.

I just got my blood work recently done. Still waiting on results. Been fatigued despite keeping to a good sleep schedule. Tough to concentrate on work, too. I haven't lost interest in the things I enjoy doing though.

I know I had one last year, I should probably schedule another one for this year soon!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I know I had one last year, I should probably schedule another one for this year soon!

It may just be burnout like Smiley said (exams, new job) but it could be something like depression. If it's been going on for a long, persistent time seeing a doctor would be good.

How old are you? I don't think you need to get a yearly physical until your mid-thirties. Might be a good idea to mention you have those symptoms to your GP if you have one, though. I have anxiety and that was the route I took dealing with it. They'll probably refer you to counselling but at least you can rule out something physical that way.

Well maybe, but I just spent all summer studying for exams and I haven't been doing a lot of that other stuff, so I dunno if I'm really burned out.

The thing that bothered me the most was a new work friend invited me to a Raptors game and the first thought I had was "how can I get out of this?" which is really not normal for.

Did you just graduate and start your first real job?

I know my brother got super stressed once he graduated and maybe some of the older guys here could relate if this happened to them, but I know my brother got super lightheaded and was constantly stressed just by the total change in life going from a student to full time working.

Also I know you just started a new job but a change of scenery could help. (Maybe go on a backpacking trip or something)

Top Bottom