• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2015 |OT| Dan Cleary was re-signed

iLLmAtlc

31z5mQr.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
The frustrating part is that they played a great game. It's not like we're going out there and shitting on the ice. It would be easier to accept if we just straight sucked.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
*waves at Ryan Kesler*

As a Canucks fans, the best part of this season so far has been watching the Ducks.

Oh, and Ben Hutton.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone else having problems downloading Halo 5? Been downloading for 2 hours and it's only at 31% =/

Yikes Ducks. We get them tomorrow... I'm feeling like they are going to light us up because that is how it always works. Hopefully Niemi starts (prefer him over Lehtonen)

Marvie_3

Banned
holy fuck

Somehow the fact that they're NOT QUITE AS BAD as the "Pittsburgh Pirates of the NHL" and AS BAD AS the "New York Americans" seems even worse than having the record to themselves.

I mean, I half suspect that zroid made up those teams to make the Ducks feel better about themselves.
Yeah putting a baseball team on there was a dead giveaway.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The single-season record for most shutouts against is 16.

The ducks have 5 after 8 games.

t0vFdxI.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Americans? What kind of name is that?
If you think Americans is bad, you should know that their colloquial nickname was the "Amerks." Seriously.

The New York Americans were the original NHL tenants of Madison Square Garden, until the Rangers came along and fucked them over.

The Americans had most of their players drafted into World War II, so they shut down the team until the end of the war. When the war ended and they tried to reenter the league, MSG convinced the other owners to not let them back in. Red Dutton, who had been running the Americans before they shut down and was president of the NHL at the time, swore that the Rangers would never win the Cup again as long as he lived. He died in 1987.

And that's your obscure New York hockey history lesson for the evening!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Aren't the Americans Buffalo's AHL team?

I saw them at the Spengler Cup and they were terribad

If you think Americans is bad, you should know that their colloquial nickname was the "Amerks." Seriously.

The New York Americans were the original NHL tenants of Madison Square Garden, until the Rangers came along and fucked them over.

The Americans had most of their players drafted into World War II, so they shut down the team until the end of the war. When the war ended and they tried to reenter the league, MSG convinced the other owners to not let them back in. Red Dutton, who had been running the Americans before they shut down and was president of the NHL at the time, swore that the Rangers would never win the Cup again as long as he lived. He died in 1987.

And that's your obscure New York hockey history lesson for the evening!

Cool story, thanks for sharing

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry, but this just made my fucking night

bleacherreport.com/articles/2582742-jets-player-gets-called-for-elbowing-agrees-with-penalty-after-seeing-replay

I can't believe how bad the Ducks are doing. They were the favourite going in. Then again, it's early.

I watched a good amount of the Leafs' game tonight. I still haven't watched a full game this season, because of the Jays, being out of the country and just not having the time. They played hard and I saw some good things, especially from Kadri and Rielly.

I don't mind the losing, though.

Top Bottom