• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Hazu

- Mete looks better now, a year younger, than Sergachev did last season, no doubt Sergachev will be a better player, but does anyone regret that trade?

Can't say I "regret" that trade since I've always been a huge fan of Drouin. However, we needed a real #1 center and/or a solid LHD to play with Weber. We got none of that (I don't believe Drouin will end up being a good center for us).

imBask

Banned
They came out blazing, but one of the biggest issues this team has always dealt with is confidence in their shooting and it showed tonight. Again they're outshooting the opponent, just not cashing in on their chances. They went 9-0-1 last year and didn't last as long as the Sens or Leafs, so panicking now is tiresome, but Julien definitely has work to do. I wonder how long it takes Jerabek to come up from Laval.

- Drouin is younger and at least as good as Radulov right now
- Mete looks better now, a year younger, than Sergachev did last season, no doubt Sergachev will be a better player, but does anyone regret that trade?
- I wish the best for Andrighetto, and I'm happy he's succeeding, but he's also playing on the top line of a last place team. That trade was beyond stupid, and good for the Avs for capitalizing, but the second they're a playoff team, he'll be lucky to be on the 3rd line
- McCarron's getting there, I expected him to at least make the team this year, his lack of progress is definitely concerning
- Way too many penalties, still only 1 M at the end of the day

we outshot them because we had like 12 shots in the first 5 minutes, and they couldn't bury it because we're lacking talent and a whole lot of it.

Also if I understood things correctly, in order for Jerabek to come up, we'd have to put one of our dman on waivers and once Schlemko is healthy we'd have to put another one on waivers again so that's not happening

Ghetto was a stupid trade we agree
Mete looks good we agree
Drouin is good we agree

McCarron tho man you have to let it go, that guy is never ever going to be an NHL guy on a winning team, maybe a 4th liner at on a garbage team AT BEST. He never made any progress, he's huge but he's not physical at all, he can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't skate

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can't say I "regret" that trade since I've always been a huge fan of Drouin. However, we needed a real #1 center and/or a solid LHD to play with Weber. We got none of that (I don't believe Drouin will end up being a good center for us).
Regardless of whether he ends up at center or not, we need his game breaking skill at forward and that's me completely disregarding his French background.

we outshot them because we had like 12 shots in the first 5 minutes, and they couldn't bury it because we're lacking talent and a whole lot of it.

Also if I understood things correctly, in order for Jerabek to come up, we'd have to put one of our dman on waivers and once Schlemko is healthy we'd have to put another one on waivers again so that's not happening

Ghetto was a stupid trade we agree
Mete looks good we agree
Drouin is good we agree

McCarron tho man you have to let it go, that guy is never ever going to be an NHL guy on a winning team, maybe a 4th liner at on a garbage team AT BEST. He never made any progress, he's huge but he's not physical at all, he can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't skate
Meh, Timmins said McCarron would be a 5 year project and they're on the 5th year. I don't expect him to be a 2nd line C, but 3rd line or even 4th line is possible and still within range. I'm much more concerned with Scherbak's development or lack there of.

!!!

I have been on GAF for nearly 9 years and this is the most offensive thing anyone has ever said to me

iKZHbkD.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm so happy that after it failing for 6 years, the Canucks powerplay strategy is still "drop pass it to nobody"

Socreges

Banned
Claude Julien hasn't done anything so far (can't blame him with the same he has to work with though).
Drouin isn't better than Radulov right now.
We "added" Mete but lost Sergatchev.
We "added" Hudon but lost Andrighetto (who's been playing at almost one PPG since being traded).
McCarron is a bust.
Hemsky is awful (might as well sign Iginla).

Oh, and we lost Markov for absolutely nothing. Great!

I also think the Habs will ultimately make the
playoffs BUT

Hudon, Mete and McCarron are all basically question marks at the NHL level (I haven't heard anything about McCarron recently, injured?), Hemsky isn't very good and they also lost Markov who was a pretty huge part of their D.
Hmm ok yeah you guys make a lot of sense, I concede all points

Top Bottom