• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Hazu

I also think the Habs will ultimately make the
playoffs BUT

Hudon, Mete and McCarron are all basically question marks at the NHL level (I haven't heard anything about McCarron recently, injured?), Hemsky isn't very good and they also lost Markov who was a pretty huge part of their D.

McCarron is back in the AHL.

imBask

Banned
I also think the Habs will ultimately make the
playoffs BUT

Hudon, Mete and McCarron are all basically question marks at the NHL level (I haven't heard anything about McCarron recently, injured?), Hemsky isn't very good and they also lost Markov who was a pretty huge part of their D.

People who followed the first couple of games in Laval said McCarron looked terrible even at the AHL level

Nice move by Hudon, he's been pretty bad so far but there are so many other targets that he's being ignored

Lehkonen and Him have been trying so hard to get something going.

If Toronto beats Montreal on Saturday and I hope they do. Maybe Management will wake up then.

Solo

TFW it's only 4 games into an 82 fucking game season and you already know your team isn't making the playoffs. Feels a lot like the season the Jays just had where they stumbled out of the gate and were immediately eliminated, not mathemically, but in terms of morale.

Marvie_3

Banned
sjC22rx.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They came out blazing, but one of the biggest issues this team has always dealt with is confidence in their shooting and it showed tonight. Again they're outshooting the opponent, just not cashing in on their chances. They went 9-0-1 last year and didn't last as long as the Sens or Leafs, so panicking now is tiresome, but Julien definitely has work to do. I wonder how long it takes Jerabek to come up from Laval.

Claude Julien hasn't done anything so far (can't blame him with the same he has to work with though).
Drouin isn't better than Radulov right now.
We "added" Mete but lost Sergatchev.
We "added" Hudon but lost Andrighetto (who's been playing at almost one PPG since being traded).
McCarron is a bust.
Hemsky is awful (might as well sign Iginla).

Oh, and we lost Markov for absolutely nothing. Great!
- Drouin is younger and at least as good as Radulov right now
- Mete looks better now, a year younger, than Sergachev did last season, no doubt Sergachev will be a better player, but does anyone regret that trade?
- I wish the best for Andrighetto, and I'm happy he's succeeding, but he's also playing on the top line of a last place team. That trade was beyond stupid, and good for the Avs for capitalizing, but the second they're a playoff team, he'll be lucky to be on the 3rd line
- McCarron's getting there, I expected him to at least make the team this year, his lack of progress is definitely concerning
- Way too many penalties, still only 1 M at the end of the day

Canucks fans, what are average ticket prices like these days? I still have never been to an NHL game and they're the closest team, I really should try to hit one up someday.

Top Bottom