• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Solo, are you actually Dave Poulin? Dude has spent his entire broadcast shitting on AGally.

Socreges

Banned
Honestly does it matter how the Habs do in the regular season? They'll make the playoffs, that isn't in question. Question is are they going to do better than they have in the past. Price, centre position, defense...how does it all work for a Cup run

I'll preach about how little preseason matters and performance in October and November isn't much more important. How many times has a team vaulted out to 1st in the conference or league and been no where to be seen come February

Reckheim

Honestly does it matter how the Habs do in the regular season? They'll make the playoffs, that isn't in question. Question is are they going to do better than they have in the past. Price, centre position, defense...how does it all work for a Cup run

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not.

I think long term the Habs offense will even out. They aren't going to become a high scoring team but this current pace simply cannot and will not continue. Once that equalizes Price will win them their share of games.

Solo

I'll preach about how little preseason matters and performance in October and November isn't much more important. How many times has a team vaulted out to 1st in the conference or league and been no where to be seen come February

1-3 isn't what is scary.

4 goals for and 13 goals against in those 4 games, however, is.

Hazu

Assuming Tampa Bay makes the playoffs for sure (with Stamkos back, this team is one of the best in the east), I don't see how they will make the playoffs. Right now, I can't see Montreal doing better than Ottawa, Toronto and Boston. I just don't see how they can make the playoffs this year, unless Price has his best year ever (which he will need considering how bad the defense).

Reckheim

100+ points one year removed
Then add Clode
And Drouin
And Hudon
And Mete
And Hemsky
And McCarron
Minus Radulov who has been replaced by J0e, an upgrade

Futurama-Fry-1900x560-1409963197.jpg

Hazu

Then add Clode
And Drouin
And Hudon
And Mete
And Hemsky
And McCarron

Claude Julien hasn't done anything so far (can't blame him with the same he has to work with though).
Drouin isn't better than Radulov right now.
We "added" Mete but lost Sergatchev.
We "added" Hudon but lost Andrighetto (who's been playing at almost one PPG since being traded).
McCarron is a bust.
Hemsky is awful (might as well sign Iginla).

Oh, and we lost Markov for absolutely nothing. Great!

Then add Clode
And Drouin
And Hudon
And Mete
And Hemsky
And McCarron

I also think the Habs will ultimately make the
playoffs BUT

Hudon, Mete and McCarron are all basically question marks at the NHL level (I haven't heard anything about McCarron recently, injured?), Hemsky isn't very good and they also lost Markov who was a pretty huge part of their D.

Top Bottom