• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Cake Boss

Banned
If these are the asks, then I'm more confidant that the Sens and Turris will come to terms with a new deal. Dorion has been a very shrewd negotiator during his time in Sens management and usually ends up getting something done in the end.

If only he was just as shrewd in his trade negotiations.

imBask

Banned
I just want to point out that Galchenyuk had 44 points in 61 games last season, a season by many considered to be terrible for him, but he would have bested his previous year in points.

Of course no matter what I say somebody will throw a qualifier onto it, like he's terrible defensively, or that he posts selfies on Instagram or something.

He's been awful this season, don't get me wrong, but after they trade him(and they will), the blame will just move onto the next player. Such is the way in Montreal, unless they're on a 10 game win streak.

He had an amazing start last season, he never looked like that before and never looked like that after, so if anything i'm willing to say that was abnormal and we're currently seeing the "normal"

and yes the blame will move to the next player that's not an issue, we rarely chase people who don't deserve it. Roy was the one big mistake and that was like 20 years ago, otherwise it's not the fans who chased McDonut or Subban out

If the Habs continue to struggle and attendance isn't up to its usual standard for an extended period of time this year I think Bergevin is definitely gone. If there's one thing owners won't tolerate it's lost revenue.

Silexx

If the Habs continue to struggle and attendance isn't up to its usual standard for an extended period of time this year I think Bergevin is definitely gone. If there's one thing owners won't tolerate it's lost revenue.

Or maybe Montreal just isn't that good of a hockey town. I hear Québec City is looking for a team...

Cake Boss

Banned
I heard that their arena is located too close to the titty bars, better entertainment per dollar there.

Just like watching the Habs game, you get all the shots but none of the payoff.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He had an amazing start last season, he never looked like that before and never looked like that after, so if anything i'm willing to say that was abnormal and we're currently seeing the "normal"

and yes the blame will move to the next player that's not an issue

0 points is his "normal"?

He's a 50 point centre, not the first line centre he was projected to be, or that Montreal has failed to acquire in the last 20 years, but when the GM thinks trading for a left winger and moving him into centre is the solution, well I'll take the 50 point guy. Especially when the other options are an old Plekanec, or Phillip Danault.

Ondor

Banned
This is Galchenyuk and Drouin for those of you following at home.
Wait, if you extrapolate Player B's points to the amount of games played as Player A's, aren't they roughly the same? Am I missing something?

I feel like I just fell into some sort of trap...

“We were fragmented,” he said last week. “There’s a responsibility on all of us, most importantly me, to make sure that does not happen again. Is everyone doing enough to help each other to get through tough times and make it easier? I liked our pre-season last year, we were undefeated. Then, as soon as the season started, when things went wrong, we were not a close team. There was a divide between old and young, we didn’t stick up for each other.” Bednar paused. “The word gets used a lot, but we had to change our culture. Be more of a family. Don’t point fingers. (Last year), young players weren’t as willing to put themselves out there as much as they are now. This year, there is a big difference. We have a different dynamic, the young players more in charge.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm you're telling me that our crack squad of vets last year were totally inept and couldn't lead in any capacity? So weird. So strange.
With all of the talk about bringing the team together, Bednar has an immediate challenge: Matt Duchene’s future. How do you keep things together when it’s only a matter of time before he’s traded? “We talked to the group about that,” he answered. “They have to help Matt get through it. He’s an important piece and a big contributor. We describe it as, ‘That’s business, we don’t control it.’ We do control being good teammates and working together, and that goes for both him and them.”

Bednar wanted to keep his conversations with Duchene private, but did give some idea of his message. “We don’t know where this is going. But it’s not between me and you, or you and your teammates. We all get what we want if everyone gives their all. I don’t want to put words into his mouth, but the uncertainty was hard for him. He showed up with a good attitude, and knows if you work hard, he will earn good opportunities. Work through the mental side, we’re all here to help you.”
Bednar says the right things. I hope to god he can prove to be a good coach this year, but he definitely says the right things.

Solo

Wait, if you extrapolate Player B's points to the amount of games played as Player A's, aren't they roughly the same? Am I missing something?

I feel like I just fell into some sort of trap...

Yet one is the savior and one can't play hockey, according to some.

imBask

Banned
0 points is his "normal"?

He's a 50 point centre, not the first line centre he was projected to be, or that Montreal has failed to acquire in the last 20 years, but when the GM thinks trading for a left winger and moving him into centre is the solution, well I'll take the 50 point guy. Especially when the other options are an old Plekanec, or Phillip Danault.

yes, 45 pointers will have 0 points for a couple of games fairly often.

Being a 45 points guy is perfectly fine in the NHL but that usually means you're also AT LEAST decent defensively. Galchenyuk is an ineffective 100% offensive player, there's no room for that. Look at the list of players who scored between 40 and 50 points last year and tell me that Galchenyuk is better defensively than any of those.

He's Andrei Kostitsyn 2.0 (seriously, take the time to compare stats, they're pretty similar and kostistyn was also abysmal defensively)

k4LKP3O.png

imBask

Banned
Montreal radio host saying he has good sources saying Duchene might be going to Ottawa this week and Turris would be one of the players going the other way. Also said that Sakic is talking to his agent in order to prepare a contract before the trade

PillarEN

Tom gonna prove all you doubters and haters wrong.

You can also listen to the newish AVA EP on Spotify (or anywhere else). It's a rearrangement of 4 songs from the debut AVA album in a more acoustic style.

Montreal radio host saying he has good sources saying Duchene might be going to Ottawa this week and Turris would be one of the players going the other way. Also said that Sakic is talking to his agent in order to prepare a contract before the trade

If Ottawa won't budge on extension negotiations and Colorado is willing to give Turris what he wants then that kinda makes sense.

Cake Boss

Banned

I don't want him anymore unless he is bringing Yakitty Yak with him.

btw is this from TSN690?

Cake Boss

Banned
c4awjjO.png

Dorion said progress has been made.

“It’s been headed in the right direction since we started the talks,” said Dorion.

It’s believed the Senators are willing to do a contract in the five-year range but Turris’ camp wants a seven or eight year deal. The club has had calls from teams on Turris but it’s believed the Columbus Blue Jackets have shown the most interest.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

french radio you say eh?

Cake Boss

Banned
not to defend the radio I don't know how real his sources are, but I mean what else is he going to say

I understand, but Dorion is too honest at a fault, when negotiations weren't going anywhere, he said so before. Plus when his mouth piece Bruce is writing something, it's always directly from the source himself.

I do hope it's true, because Turris at 8 years is kind of too much for a forward who isn't the best skater nor the biggest guy. Especially with the teams strength at C prospects.

imBask

Banned
Dorion is too honest at a fault, when negotiations weren't going anywhere, he said so before. Plus when his mouth piece Bruce is writing something, it's always directly from the source himself.

I do hope it's true, because Turris at 8 years is kind of too much for a forward who isn't the best Slater nor the biggest guy. Especially with the teams strength at C prospects.

For once we're on the same team, Senators getting the guy we clearly want is what we need to get Bumgevin outta here

Alucard

Banned
So, is Vegas pretty much everyone's second favourite team right now? Because they're totally my second favourite team right now. If it's not the Pens, I hope Fleury carries Vegas to the Cup.

3 games. 3 wins.

PACE.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, is Vegas pretty much everyone's second favourite team right now? Because they're totally my second favourite team right now. If it's not the Pens, I hope Fleury carries Vegas to the Cup.

3 games. 3 wins.

PACE.

Nobody has a reason to hate them yet

Top Bottom