• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Screen_Shot_2017-10-10_at_9.59.21_PM.png

Abylim

I’m starting to feel bad for Montreal. I watched the game earlier, man. Just seems like nothing is clicking.

Really happy for Vegas. Has their been new rules implemented for expansion teams in regards to drafting and trading and such? Or is Vegas just well put together? Either way it’s awesme to witness it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The remaining undefeated teams are:

Los Angeles Kings
New Jersey Devils
St. Louis Blues
Toronto Maple Leafs
Vegas Golden Knights

As everybody expected.

Ondor

Banned
The remaining undefeated teams are:

Los Angeles Kings
New Jersey Devils
St. Louis Blues
Toronto Maple Leafs
Vegas Golden Knights

As everybody expected.
Fuck the Kings.
New Jersey "Same Old Team That Can't Win With Taylor Hall and Corey Schneider" Devils
The St. Louis Perennial Losers who have been ravaged by injuries.
The Toronto Maple Leafs who are shakier than an actual maple leaf in a wind storm.
And the Vegas Golden Leftovers.

I have no idea what is going on with hockey anymore.

zroid

Banned
Really happy for Vegas. Has their been new rules implemented for expansion teams in regards to drafting and trading and such? Or is Vegas just well put together? Either way it’s awesme to witness it.

Neither, lol. They've just been really lucky. And Fleury has been unreal (which I suppose you can credit to the new xdraft rules for goalies).

good for them though, it's a nice story

Solo

It's almost as if hanging your hopes and dreams on a 22 year old #1 centre who hasn't played the position since junior was an ill conceived idea from the get go......

Solo

For example.....how long is Pacioretty going to be able to escape criticism from the media? Galchenyuk gets reamed every game, but Patch has been invisible aside from his patented hot streaks for several years now, has never once shown up in the playoffs, and yet.....never once has he been called out. It's ridiculous.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Fucking Flyers. Only they could come back and score 5 unanswered goals and then LOSE.

Fuck Dale Weise and MacDonald on that last 2 minute fuck fest of giving the Perds a 2 man advantage. And an special fuck Dave Hakstol for challenging that the tying goal was offside, failed the challenge the the Perds score on the ensuing PP.

That's so Flyers.

Fucking Flyers. Only they could come back and score 5 unanswered goals and then LOSE.

Fuck Dale Weise and MacDonald on that last 2 minute fuck fest of giving the Perds a 2 man advantage. And an special fuck Dave Hakstol for challenging that the tying goal was offside, failed the challenge the the Perds score on the ensuing PP.

That's so Flyers.

Thank you for posting this so I didn't have to type it up.

That is so Flyers

Montresor

It’s really early so the Montreal guys should wait until the American Thanksgiving mark for the doom and gloom.

I admit I’m happy that Toronto is doing really well and that Montreal seems to be collapsing into 2005-2015-era Leafs.

But Toronto has started two seasons in a row at 4-0-1 during the Burke era. I think there is a consensus among hockey journalists/fans that you really need to wait until American Thanksgiving and see your team’s standing then to get an accurate picture of what’s going on with your team.

imBask

Banned
It’s really early so the Montreal guys should wait until the American Thanksgiving mark for the doom and gloom.

I admit I’m happy that Toronto is doing really well and that Montreal seems to be collapsing into 2005-2015-era Leafs.

But Toronto has started two seasons in a row at 4-0-1 during the Burke era. I think there is a consensus among hockey journalists/fans that you really need to wait until American Thanksgiving and see your team’s standing then to get an accurate picture of what’s going on with your team.

I honestly think it's not about the standing, it's about the way we lose and actual observations

We do have talent up front but most of them are "what if" and streaky players. J0E has been pretty meh so far, Galchenyuk is broken, Pacioretty never shows up in october, Gallagher is doing what he can but he slowed down, Hudon and Lekhonen can't carry this team, Byron can't seem to bury it anymore, Danault is nowhere to be found, etc.

Our defense is a disaster tho, it's 1 great dman with 5 AHLers. We have 0 transition, none of them can land a pass, they all dump the puck faster than Craig Rivet did... As prediction by everyone but Bergevin, the Markov shaped hole is fucking HUUUUGE

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Leafs in that era were riding SH%s though

While Leafs do have a high sh% now, it's mainly because they scored 15 goals in their first 2 games. They were dominant in CF% the times they needed to be. The game against the blackhawks was an outright domination possession wise.

Solo

I honestly think it's not about the standing, it's about the way we lose and actual observations

We do have talent up front but most of them are "what if" and streaky players. J0E has been pretty meh so far, Galchenyuk is broken, Pacioretty never shows up in october, Gallagher is doing what he can but he slowed down, Hudon and Lekhonen can't carry this team, Byron can't seem to bury it anymore, Danault is nowhere to be found, etc.

Our defense is a disaster tho, it's 1 great dman with 5 AHLers. We have 0 transition, none of them can land a pass, they all dump the puck faster than Craig Rivet did... As prediction by everyone but Bergevin, the Markov shaped hole is fucking HUUUUGE

Pretty much this. We have a team assembled of forwards who are either streaky or hail marys, a D corp of fringe NHLers plus Weber, and they all look like chickens with their heads cut off out there.

Like you said...1-3 record? Whatever, not too concerning. But the -9 goal differential, averaging only a goal a game, and playing the way they are? Supremely concerning.

fuck that panic four games in

Granted BargainBin has done absolutely nothing to build the team. Debrincat scoring his first in Montreal, Subban going deep last year, Condon being redeemed(ish) in Ottawa. Nevermind the drafting that I'm sure the actual Habs fans can speak to. They're not wrong in saying the management issues have led to this continual period of just deserts. I don't know how a GM can look that the team from two years ago and say "yes...to compete we need Shaw!".

Radulov is the only signing I can think of in recent memory that actually seemed forward thinking.

imBask

Banned
fuck that panic four games in

Granted BargainBin has done absolutely nothing to build the team. Debrincat scoring his first in Montreal, Subban going deep last year, Condon being redeemed(ish) in Ottawa. Nevermind the drafting that I'm sure the actual Habs fans can speak to. They're not wrong in saying the management issues have led to this continual period of just deserts. I don't know how a GM can look that the team from two years ago and say "yes...to compete we need Shaw!".

Radulov is the only signing I can think of in recent memory that actually seemed forward thinking.

was it tho?

Bergevin signs 1"maybe" player a year to a one year contract, he turned out good but we ultimately lost him

Semin failed, Hemsky is failing. Radulov was that bet but what's the point if you're not gonna try to keep him

Cactus

Banned
Been said 100 times here, but losing Markov was a huge blow. He's a guy that will always keep the puck moving forward up the ice. Seems like the Habs don't really have any above-average puck movers right now. Mete will be a good player someday, but starting him with Weber seems to have been a decision made out of necessity rather than due to his play.

While true, the last time the Habs had this bad a start was 2011-12 and they finished last in the East. I think their problems are catching up to them.

Top Bottom