• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

imBask

Banned
James Mirtle about the Leafs on The Athletic, Oct 3rd
How many other teams have a 20-goal winger from last season on their fourth line?

My guess is zero.

Arpon Basu about the Canadiens on The Athletic, Oct 3rd
There's a 30-goal scorer on the third line. A 20-goal scorer on the fourth line.

glad to see that Mirtle doesn't have 5 seconds to do his research, and instead keeps publishing tabloid articles about the leafs

Cake Boss

Banned
Quality journalism by the Lolthletic again.

By that logic, the flames got a 149 point and 60 goal scoring winger on their 2nd line.

calder

"The Winnipeg Jets Are a Riddle Wrapped in a Mystery Inside an Enigma"
is this how people from Winnipeg talk???

You'll have a lot more success with your... shtick on other fanbases that have more than 1 or 2 active posters. I suggest the Blackhawks, that's a twitchy crew.

Some markets made out real well with the Athletic hirings (Minnesota, St. Louis). LeBrun is good for a national voice, too. Not a big fan of Mirtle, though.

Erdrick

DLTIJY-X0AMRqb7.jpg:large

Hey Patrick why are you scowling?

I just remembered Zadorov laying me out.

I remember that, you were doing great until you put yourself in a vulnerable position-- Hey, do you think this Starbucks makes Winnipeg bearable?

No it's still a cold shithole.

Signing key players must seem like a foreign concept to you, huh?

Edit: For real though, I just woke up to the Ehlers news. Fantastic. He's one of our best players and I'm happy as can be with this. Great way to open the season.

calder

Some markets made out real well with the Athletic hirings (Minnesota, St. Louis). LeBrun is good for a national voice, too. Not a big fan of Mirtle, though.

Mirtle is the one I don't read honestly, and even when he was at the G&M I didn't really like his stuff much (and found him borderline unbearable at times on Twitter). Luckily as he's the editor-in-chief or whatever of the Canadian side he hasn't been writing that often at all.

Signing key players must seem like a foreign concept to you, huh?

Damn that's cold brother.

You'll have a lot more success with your... shtick on other fanbases that have more than 1 or 2 active posters. I suggest the Blackhawks, that's a twitchy crew.

jokes on you jets gaf have some great posters, like Erdrick and sometimes Shin
<3 <3 <3

Edit
not going to do anything with hawks gaf, marvie and his good time pals will rough me up

Socreges

Banned
I've got

Zibanejad (180)
Zuccarello (161)
Kreider (50)
Skjei (170)

all in my pool, drafted last night.

Either the other people didn't have enough respect for the Rags, or I've made a horrible mistake.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I've got

Zibanejad (180)
Zuccarello (161)
Kreider (50)
Skjei (170)

all in my pool, drafted last night.

Either the other people didn't have enough respect for the Rags, or I've made a horrible mistake.

Zuccarello has lead a very good Rangers team in scoring for 3 of the last 4 seasons, Zibanejad and Kreider are both going to be getting top line minutes, and Skjei is our best defenseman not named McDonagh, so they're all pretty solid choices.

Generally speaking, people tend not to have enough respect for the Rangers at the start of the season on an annual basis. Been that way since the Tortorella days, really. I think it's because we don't have any real obvious stand out superstars except for Henrik Lundqvist, who at this point is kind of taken a little for granted. McDonagh and Zuccarello are usually underappreciated outside of New York (it's ridiculous that Zucc hasn't made the All-Star Game, for example), and Rick Nash doesn't really get credit for being a star anymore, even in New York, despite being just 2 seasons removed from a career high 40+ goal season.

I think it's fair to be a little suspect of the Rangers this year, though. I think we're going to need a fairly splashy deadline deal in order to be true contenders, and if we rack up any major injuries we could be in some serious trouble, especially if the kids don't play up to expectations and Chytil isn't able to stick to the main roster beyond his 9 games.

If the new kids are able to handle it and we stay healthy, though, there's a pretty good chance we could actually be better than last year due to our revamped defense.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are the same as expected today in practice.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Nash-Chytil-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Vesey-Desharnais-Carey

McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Smith
Staal-DeAngelo
Holden-Kampfer

Jesper Fast is practicing with the team in a regular jersey, so he has been cleared for contact.
Andrew Desjardins is still practicing with the team, too.

Silexx

Derrick Brassard is ready to go for the season opener. Karlsson is not.

Logan Brown will play tomorrow, but Alex Formenton looks like he's a healthy scratch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MEANWHILE...

SKA won again. They're already over 50 points on the season. Shestyorkin let in one goal off a defender's skate.

Somebody will surely beat them eventually, right?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Canes will announce Captain Skinner tomorrow at Noon

Skinner isn't confirmed Captain, but I would argue he is the leading candidate.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really pleased with the 4 lines Julien is going to roll out, I can't remember the last time we iced so many rookies / young players. D is suspect, but Price should be able to compensate for that.

Hasn't he been out there as trade bait the last few years?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

This reminds me, the Rangers are expected to make some decisions about Alternate Captains today. They've rolled with 4 A's for the last few years, but two of them departed in the offseason in the form of Stepan and Girardi.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Can someone give me a quick rundown of the rules for Head-to-Head Yahoo Fantasy Hockey? (I've only played Roto previously).

Do I set me roster for an entire week at a time? (IF so, when's the deadline?)

Is there any reason to keep players on the bench, or should I always be setting my active players? (Roto has a max Games Played restriction.)

Yahoo doesn't really makes these things clear.

Thanks!

Top Bottom