• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Cake Boss

Banned
Derrick Brassard is ready to go for the season opener. Karlsson is not.

Logan Brown will play tomorrow, but Alex Formenton looks like he's a healthy scratch.

Brown better not play just 5min and Formenton scratched for all 9 games.]

I see you Boucher, I see how you do.

Foggy

Everything seems primed for a major dropoff for the Blue Jackets this year. At least Panarin should be fun to watch.

Optional skate today soooo, this was the lineup yesterday. Probably see this tonight. Murray is starting

Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Rust-Malkin-Kessel
Hagelin-McKegg-Kuhnhackl
Wilson-Rowney-Reaves

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Schultz
Hunwick-Cole

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I don't get how so many sites / writers are so high on the Oilers

UCwe55h.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McDavid is a god.

But yeah I'm kind of with you. When I look at the Oilers depth I am underwhelmed.
It took the Pens 7 years to get their second cup with 2 of the best players to ever play. McDavid can't win a cup or division on his own.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me, the Rangers are expected to make some decisions about Alternate Captains today. They've rolled with 4 A's for the last few years, but two of them departed in the offseason in the form of Stepan and Girardi.

And there it is. Mats Zuccarello gets an A. The obvious choice, but the right one.

Ondor

Banned
Canucks practice lines:

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson
Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Gagner-Burmistrov-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett
Virtanen

We have our 23-man roster and I still have no idea what the lines will look like. The only line TG has used before of the above is the Dank-Hank-Vank line and that line wasn't very good.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, Preds-Twitter is losing their shit again over Jarnkrok (who looks to be a 4C) being protected in the expansion draft.

You'd think that after having watched Vernon Fiddler stink up the joint that these ignorant people would appreciate depth at C. But "muh 20 goal-scorer!" (Which Fiala has a good chance at replicating and is much younger than Neal, but whatever.)

Socreges

Banned
McDavid is a god.

But yeah I'm kind of with you. When I look at the Oilers depth I am underwhelmed.
Anaheim - worse?
San Jose - worse?
LAK - worse?
Arizona - better
Calgary - better..?
Vancouver - lol
VGK - lol

I like their chances. Would be a bit different if they were in the Central.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
McDavid healthy they make the playoffs
McDavid injury they'll battle the Canucks for bottom 3 in the league

Marvie_3

Banned
Haha, Preds-Twitter is losing their shit again over Jarnkrok (who looks to be a 4C) being protected in the expansion draft.

You'd think that after having watched Vernon Fiddler stink up the joint that these ignorant people would appreciate depth at C. But "muh 20 goal-scorer!" (Which Fiala has a good chance at replicating and is much younger than Neal, but whatever.)
Neal is a douchebag too. Theres always that.

PillarEN

The Czech TV station that carries NHL games has lost its god damned mind. In October, Vegas gets SIX GAMES, but the Wings only get 3!!!???

:mad:

Cat Party

It's crazy how little change there is to the Sharks roster. Schlemko and Marleau gone, but no one new added. On paper, this is actually a great looking squad, but too many of these guys underperformed last season for me to be over excited.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Predictions:

- Red Wings are going to finish in a spot that gives them high odds for a top 5 draft pick.
- Carolina Hurricanes make it back in the playoffs and make it to the second round at least
- President's Cup goes to Pittsburgh
- Avs worst in the west.
- There will be 2-3 players who reach 100 points

yyzjohn

Banned
Call me a Leafs pessimist but I ain't feeling it. Yeah the trinity will continue to be good, but too many people are positive about this team it's scary. I'm expecting a step back year.

PillarEN

Ok, but who in the Atlantic other than a healthy Bolts team is going to be stronger than they were last year if not the Leafs?

Reckheim

Call me a Leafs pessimist but I ain't feeling it. Yeah the trinity will continue to be good, but too many people are positive about this team it's scary. I'm expecting a step back year.

I'm on the same page. Then again I didn't think we would be anywhere near the playoffs last year either so who knows.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the rules for Head-to-Head Yahoo Fantasy Hockey? (I've only played Roto previously).

Do I set me roster for an entire week at a time? (IF so, when's the deadline?)

Is there any reason to keep players on the bench, or should I always be setting my active players? (Roto has a max Games Played restriction.)

Yahoo doesn't really makes these things clear.

Thanks!

Yahoo should be daily rosters without max games played. At least, thats how I have always played. No idea why it would be different.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
WHY THE FUCK IS BOESER NOT PRACTICING ON THE POWERPLAY YOU GOONS

This can't possibly be a surprise. They brought in Vanek, Gagner, and Del Zotto (and perhaps, however misguided, Pouliot) specifically to play on the PP. They're going to go with those vets until it proves it doesn't work (or even well past that, if Green takes a page out of Willie's playbook.)

Though, yeah, Boeser should be playing on PP2 to start if they're actually interested in icing the best special teams available to them.

Yahoo should be daily rosters without max games played. At least, thats how I have always played. No idea why it would be different.

Thanks. I'll play with that in mind.

Ondor

Banned
This can't possibly be a surprise. They brought in Vanek, Gagner, and Del Zotto (and perhaps, however misguided, Pouliot) specifically to play on the PP. They're going to go with those vets until it proves it doesn't work (or even well past that, if Green takes a page out of Willie's playbook.)

Though, yeah, Boeser should be playing on PP2 to start if they're actually interested in icing the best special teams available to them.
But they don't all have to play on the same line. Pull Gagner off PP1 and put Boeser there to be a triggerman.

Likewise, by every metric last season, Hutton is far and away our best powerplay quarterback but for some reason, Willie didn't use him there and we aren't this year either as we have Edler and Stecher on PP2.

We have the assets this year to not be shit. We just apparently won't use them that way.

That will never happen. One sophomore slump, that's possible. Three sophomore slumps, there's an outside chance. But five sophomore slumps? I'd like to see that!

yyzjohn

Banned
That will never happen. One sophomore slump, that's possible. Three sophomore slumps, there's an outside chance. But five sophomore slumps? I'd like to see that!

I didn't say anything about sophomore slumps. All it takes is a key injury or 2. Not like the Leafs were solidly in the playoffs last season.

kassatsu

Banned
Optional skate today soooo, this was the lineup yesterday. Probably see this tonight. Murray is starting

Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Rust-Malkin-Kessel
Hagelin-McKegg-Kuhnhackl
Wilson-Rowney-Reaves

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Schultz
Hunwick-Cole
Not sold on McKegg yet, we will see. 3peat beings tonight!

Top Bottom