• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Creeper is just in it for himself

No one cares about Creeper

cfprqrot42oz.jpg

>:V

yyzjohn

Banned
Habs home opener tonight + tired Hawks team I think Habs win. Crowd will be fired up for Drouin and all will be well for one day.

zroid

Banned
Leafs Breakfast today...

Landsberg: the Matthews line outshot the Hawks last night 20-3
Dreger: sometimes the stats don't show how that line shutdown the line they matched up with (the Kane line)

I would think shot count would imply this??

Dregs has reached a new tier of phone-it-in canned response

Pierre-esque

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Filip Chytil has been sent down to the Hartford Wolf Pack. The coaches want to see how he fares there for a week or so before making a decision on what to do with him next.

Andrew Desjardins has finally been released from his PTO, thank the Maker.

Lineup tonight against the Blues is looking to be:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Vesey-Hayes-Zuccarello
Grabner-Miller-Nash
Carey-Desharnais-Cracknell

Staal-McDonagh
Skjei-Shattenkirk
Holden-Kampfer

Lundqvist

AV said and did all the right things in preseason, but it only took about 2 games for him to begin to revert completely to type. That arrangement of our D corps is atrocious, except for Skjei-Shattenkirk (which is still less ideal than having Shatty with Mac).

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Arvidsson-Johansen-Smith
Forsberg-Jarnkrok-Fiala
Hartnell-Bonino-Aberg
McLeod-Watson-Salomaki

Ekholm-Girard
Emelin-Subban
Irwin-Weber

No Josi or Sissons at practice for the second straight day. Troublesome. Yesterday was allegedly a maintenance day, but today...

But hey, this looks to be Samuel Girard's first NHL game.

edit: Josi and Sissons are game-time decisions

imBask

Banned
Habs home opener tonight + tired Hawks team I think Habs win. Crowd will be fired up for Drouin and all will be well for one day.

Hawks apparently won 11 of their 13 (or 14 can't remember) second night of a 2 in 2 games last year

We'll have to pair a 19 year old against either Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews

Crawford will be in net

Syrinx

TVR has a concussion. Dahlbeck will be on the 3rd pairing with Fleury.

Necas a scratch again. We probably should have just sent him back to the Czech Republic.

yyzjohn

Banned
Hawks apparently won 11 of their 13 (or 14 can't remember) second night of a 2 in 2 games last year

We'll have to pair a 19 year old against either Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews

Crawford will be in net

I know man but Hawks are a bit tired and Habs will be running on adrenaline for the home opener. If they're not leading after 1 period the problems run deeper than I suspect.

you guys can joke all you want but the habs will come out fast and angry, if the crowd gets into it, momentum will be on their sides. I expect the habs to score some quick goals, and cruise to a victory

imBask

Banned
One can only hope. Although I expect this putrid defense to get lit up by Kane real bad, and we don't have the firepower to compete with him

imBask

Banned
Pacioretty complained about the D dumping the puck instead of passing, and not in an implied way, he straight up said it in a scrum

CLOAWD said players don't have a clause in their contract that prevents them from crashing the net

3 games into the season

Socreges

Banned
Pacioretty complained about the D dumping the puck instead of passing, and not in an implied way, he straight up said it in a scrum

CLOAWD said players don't have a clause in their contract that prevents them from crashing the net

3 games into the season
kevin_wine_by_fire.gif

I've been trying to change the racist culture from the inside out. So far it hasn't worked. No one here wants to listen to a word you say if you don't speak French or at least have a shitty French accent.

Solo

3 games into the season

Maybe Casperetty should shut up and lead by example for once. Off to another invisible start.

Can't wait for his inevitable 20 goals in 12 game hot steak followed by Red's profuse defense of him. I never hear that defense when he floats out there for 20 game stretches....

imBask

Banned
Maybe Casperetty should shut up and lead by example for once. Off to another invisible start.

Can't wait for his inevitable 20 goals in 12 game hot steak followed by Red's profuse defense of him. I never hear that defense when he floats out there for 20 game stretches....

tbh I kinda like his comment, management did a terrible job and he's calling them out. Yes he's throwing his teammates under the bus but whatever they fucking suck

Red has been suspiciously absent so far this season, but a goal from Galchenyuk should bring him back

“We just refocused over the summer. It stung. It was really terrible from last December on, so I think guys had a little bit of a chip on their shoulder,” Duchene said. “Tonight was probably the best game that we’ve played, of the three. I think Varly stole Game 1, and Bernie (Jonathan Bernier) did his damnedest the next night. Tonight, even though we didn’t outshoot them, we played really well in the third period. We’ve got a lot of young guys, a lot of guys who are experiencing this for the first time. It’s fun to be an older guy who has been here for nine years now and watch the excitement. It puts you back, brings you back to that place that you were at when you were that young. It’s fun. It’s fun to see those guys enjoying themselves. It definitely makes you appreciate playing the game even more.”

Asked about how he’s doing overall right now, Duchene said: “I’m just trying to enjoy playing hockey. Every day, I try to come to the rink and do the best I can to compete. I’m really pleased with where my game’s at right now. My wingers are playing really well, and I think we could even have a few more (points) than we do right now. A guy like “Kerf” is doing all the right things, and Yak got on the board twice tonight, so it’s good to see him do that and I think he’s going to keep that momentum going forward.”

Asked if this all could still wind up in a happy ending in Colorado, Duchene stopped short of buying into a Hallmark Card scenario just yet.

“I’m not addressing that. I’m here to talk about the game, that’s it,” he said.
And on that note, no practice today. Not sure that's the right call since playing even decently is a new thing for us but what do I know.

Top Bottom