• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Completely off topic but I am fucking livid right now.

My wife spends a lot of time at the barn where her horse is. There's an older guy there, maybe in his late 60's/early 70's that also has a horse there. He's been a nice guy so far, little weird and likes to talk A LOT. Will talk to you whenever he has a chance. Something has seemed a little off to me about him since I met the guy. He is constantly trying to do her chores for her when I'm not around.

So my wife struggles with an eating disorder and body image issues. Today she goes to the barn without me to handle the chores she has to do. That guy is there, and he starts talking about her calves and how she has nice muscular calves/is her mom the same way. This is a dude that we don't know at all, he has met me, knows we're married, and just decides that bringing up her body parts is a totally fine thing to do when no one else is around. Not a chance he says something like that if I were there with her.

This was coming off of a morning where she had a bit of a breakthrough with her eating disorder/body image issues, only to run smack into that bullshit. She struggles with normal social situations, so when it comes to shit like this the best she can do is try not to be mean and leave. It pisses me off a lot.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

My wife spends a lot of time at the barn where her horse is. There's an older guy there, maybe in his late 60's/early 70's that also has a horse there. He's been a nice guy so far, little weird and likes to talk A LOT. Will talk to you whenever he has a chance. Something has seemed a little off to me about him since I met the guy. He is constantly trying to do her chores for her when I'm not around.

So my wife struggles with an eating disorder and body image issues. Today she goes to the barn without me to handle the chores she has to do. That guy is there, and he starts talking about her calves and how she has nice muscular calves/is her mom the same way. This is a dude that we don't know at all, he has met me, knows we're married, and just decides that bringing up her body parts is a totally fine thing to do when no one else is around. Not a chance he says something like that if I were there with her.

This was coming off of a morning where she had a bit of a breakthrough with her eating disorder/body image issues, only to run smack into that bullshit. She struggles with normal social situations, so when it comes to shit like this the best she can do is try not to be mean and leave. It pisses me off a lot.

When the fuck did you get married?!

Cakeboss AND 19&21 married out of nowhere, WHO'S NEXT

What a creepy comment to make though. Can you/your wife coordinate your wife and him not being there at the same time?

Weevilone

Hey Blues-GAF, your prospects any decent? Would be nice to have decent hockey team watch down here in San Antonio.

We have a number of pretty exciting prospects. Unfortunately we need them for the big club atm. Kostin was assigned to San Antonio I believe. He's something to get stoked about, but I think he'll be called up soon.

Marvie_3

Banned

Cut his horse's legs off and leave them in his bed. Send a message.

I wonder if Habs fans calling for regime change will be ok with non-francophones in charge this time. They went batshit about Randy Cunnyworth behind the bench, but it really limits the, from actually bringing in the best possible management talent. They'll probably just give Patrick Roy the Brendan Shanahan role.

Reckheim

When the fuck did you get married?!

Cakeboss AND 19&21 married out of nowhere, WHO'S NEXT

What a creepy comment to make though. Can you/your wife coordinate your wife and him not being there at the same time?

They shouldn't have to do that especially since its not their fault. IMO talk to the old man; old people tend to become quite cenille and really have no idea about how to talk to people properly. My father in law is the same way, he says some of the stupidest shit to strangers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hold on guys, I just realized something

19&21 married a horse girl

.... oh god what have you done

calder

Hold on guys, I just realized something

19&21 married a horse girl

.... oh god what have you done

He also spends a fair bit of time at the barn.

Maybe they're... horse people. :-0

better than being way into home brewing or some other bafflingly hardcore adult pastimes

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
We have a number of pretty exciting prospects. Unfortunately we need them for the big club atm. Kostin was assigned to San Antonio I believe. He's something to get stoked about, but I think he'll be called up soon.

I see. Next year should be fun at least.

calder

Surprise surprise noodles says he will visit the White House because of "tradition" reasons.

I'm sure if you jabbed him with a syringe full of sodium pentothal he would have finished the sentence "..and so Daddy Trump can sign the MAGA hat I got last year for free for being a mod on r/TheDonald."

Yawnier

Banned
Surprise surprise noodles says he will visit the White House because of "tradition" reasons.

I don't listen to Overdrive every single day but have started to increasingly think that Noodles is a trump supporter but is afraid to voice it publicly. I've noticed sometimes that Hayes and even fucking Jeff O'Neill point fun at Drumpf and the shit he says or does but Noodles never does.

I don't listen to Overdrive every single day but have started to increasingly think that Noodles is a trump supporter but is afraid to voice it publicly. I've noticed sometimes that Hayes and even fucking Jeff O'Neill point fun at Drumpf and the shit he says or does but Noodles never does.

He might be one of those 'non-political' folks who really just worship power.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You guys say how terrible the Montreal media is, and half of Habs posts here are just as bad and sensationalist, it's 3 games into the season. Unreal.

Delryk

60/70s are harmless. Old senile ppl who have nothing else to do. Guy just wishes he was you to bone again.

Ive had old ppl comment my wifes bust saying crazy shit like "man i wouldnt mind putting my face in there and just ..."

Its like as if they dont think before talking at that age...

Socreges

Banned
Kessel is an idiot. Literally. He's not equipped to function outside of a hockey rink. Of course he would like Trump.

Crosby has been sanitized completely as a person. He is more product than human.

You guys say how terrible the Montreal media is, and half of Habs posts here are just as bad and sensationalist, it's 3 games into the season. Unreal.
The voice of moderation has spoken.

Pikma

Banned
18hcyxb93zmovjpg.jpg

Ondor

Banned

You have a right to be upset. People, men especially, have this weird sense of entitlement when it comes to talking about a woman's body. Fuck him. My sympathy to your wife, no one deserves that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
you're the patient
and wrong
one that's why we need you
If they come out flat tonight, I'll start to get a little bit concerned. They have the lowest PDO in the league right now, something you probably don't want to hear, but it should balance forward soon.

PillarEN

Overhyped Stars have lost both games? Hahahaha.

Fuck em. Let's go Wings!!!!

Edit: excuuuuuse me but um. Like oppression hasn't existed for 110 years.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Look, Bergevin needs to be replaced, that was apparent after the Subban trade, and either isn't aware of his roster's shortcomings, or simply doesn't care enough to make changes, but Red is right.

It's 3 games into the season, Nail Fucking Yakupov is ppg so far, I'm not worried about JOE.

I am worried about the defense, and the special teams look god awful so far. The lack of scoring is an ongoing problem, but it should get better.

Onto a bigger problem, the NHL is banning gestures or whatever they want to call it during the anthem? What a stupid ass league, get rid of the fucking anthems already.

Ondor

Banned
Look, Bergevin needs to be replaced, that was apparent after the Subban trade, and either isn't aware of his roster's shortcomings, or simply doesn't care enough to make changes, but Red is right.

It's 3 games into the season, Nail Fucking Yakupov is ppg so far, I'm not worried about JOE.

I am worried about the defense, and the special teams look god awful so far. The lack of scoring is an ongoing problem, but it should get better.

Onto a bigger problem, the NHL is banning gestures or whatever they want to call it during the anthem? What a stupid ass league, get rid of the fucking anthems already.
Nail "Drafted 1st Overall" Fucking Yakupov to you.

Also, what's this about a ban? Source?

I appreciate your hard on for me ♥️♥️♥️

I just want the facts to be the facts is all.

How fucking dare you talk about Teri like this. He's been really good so far.
LzbdUns.gif

Top Bottom