• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Solo

Man chalchenyuk is so fucking lost out there on the ice, has the hockey sense of a Cody Ceci.

Yup it's fucking sad. Combination of complete and utter development failure on the Habs part and failure to put it all together on Galchenyuk's part.

Forget what position he plays or who he plays with, he was a much more dynamic, confident, deadly player when he was a rookie than he is now. Coaching, media scrutiny, injuries and mental fragility ruined him.

He was always a threat on the third line as a rookie. He's rarely ever a threat now.

Cake Boss

Banned
FRIENDLY FIRE

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yawnier

Banned
Pierre Lebrun saying JVR would like to stay in Toronto but wants a 8 year deal like TJ Sochi

My first inclination is to just let him walk on July 1st, but I just know and have prepared myself that Lou is gonna give one of JVR or Bozak a stupid contract

Pierre Lebrun saying JVR would like to stay in Toronto but wants a 8 year deal like TJ Sochi

My first inclination is to just let him walk on July 1st, but I just know and have prepared myself that Lou is gonna give one of JVR or Bozak a stupid contract just because he can

I want to believe that the Marleau signing got this out of his system

please god

edit: "knowing where each other is" - Dave Poulin

I want to believe that the Marleau signing got this out of his system

please god

Me too. The Leafs cannot afford a turning 29 next year JVR, and that's ok. Use him this season and see how far you go, and let NYR or whoever go 6x6 for him on July 1st. He's not the same type of player, but Brown can slot up, and Kapenen or someone else can move in.

My first inclination is to just let him walk on July 1st, but I just know and have prepared myself that Lou is gonna give one of JVR or Bozak a stupid contract just because he can

If we're gonna keep one I'd prefer JVR.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, a good period of play from Nashville.

Girard has looked good outside of one or two weird spots. I'd be sweating right now if I were Irwin or Y.Weber.

Yawnier

Banned
If we're gonna keep one I'd prefer JVR.

It's a bit of a tough one for me. JVR is the younger and more talented player but the Leafs depth on the wings in the pipeline is real gud. While Bozak is the harder player to replace considering the Leafs questionable center depth after the NHL level, there is also a premium put on centers over wingers in the NHL so idk. If Willy can make the shift to center (next year?) then I think that would largely help things.

Top Bottom