• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostface

Red_Man said:
Markovs picture has been replaced on the bell centre by cammys and this whole Florida trip of his and leaving on the home opener is making me nervous doesn't seem like things you would do if you were good with the organization.

John Lu
@JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu
#Habs Markov will be spending another week in Florida rehabbing under observation of Dr. Andrews. No further update on his knee's status.
21 oct

John Lu
@JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu
#Habs Markov saw Dr. Andrews in Fla yesterday, will see him again @ end of this week. Playing in October is "out of the question" -- Martin
18 Oct

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ghostface said:
John Lu
@JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu
#Habs Markov will be spending another week in Florida rehabbing under observation of Dr. Andrews. No further update on his knee's status.
21 oct

John Lu
@JohnLuTSNMtl John Lu
#Habs Markov saw Dr. Andrews in Fla yesterday, will see him again @ end of this week. Playing in October is "out of the question" -- Martin
18 Oct
Apparently the normal recovery time for his surgery is 12 months so playing before December would be considered early. Not too worried about it but they're being very hush hush with it all.

Red_Man

ghostface said:
;)

I'm more worried about his recovery then anything else. This "he's had a falling out with the organization" stuff that some media are reporting is just the usual mtl hockey tabloid.
Nervous about his relationship not his health. I hope it's just made up, he would really help pump this team up. Tuning into the 3rd for nucks and wild and it's the first time I've seen the ads on the glass behind the nets it's really distracting.

MacAttack

Acid08 said:
Sharks-Bruins soon, should be a good game.
Even though this is a double header for the Sharks, they will put up more of a fight than Toronto since the Sharks have had a lighter schedule. I expect a good game that the Bruins can win if they hang in the first two periods and have the stronger legs in the third.

Of course, jumping out to an early lead is an acceptable strategy.

Solo

Apparently on part of the CBC broadcast someone asked PJ Stock who is to blame for the Habs' terrible start and he said Markov for being hurt and not being back yet. lololololol

Red_Man

Solo said:
Apparently on part of the CBC broadcast someone asked PJ Stock who is to blame for the Habs' terrible start and he said Markov for being hurt and not being back yet. lololololol
And the world continues not giving a fuck about PJ Stock.

Tabris

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Kessel has more goals/points in less games and doesn't rely on the PP and his brother to help pad his stats.
I'm going to love this. Thanks for trying to compare Kessel to Sedin like he's even in the same ballpark.

Acid08

Banned
MacAttack said:
Even though this is a double header for the Sharks, they will put up more of a fight than Toronto since the Sharks have had a lighter schedule. I expect a good game that the Bruins can win if they hang in the first two periods and have the stronger legs in the third.

Of course, jumping out to an early lead is an acceptable strategy.
The lighter schedule sucks though because the new players haven't had enough time to really get acclimated, I hate this fucking schedule. I'm thinking Boston has a really good chance to win tonight. We'll see though, Havlat will be less rusty and he already showed some great stuff last night with Couture and Havlat.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Kessel has more goals/points in less games and doesn't rely on the PP and his brother to help pad his stats.
4 of the last 6 teams Leafs played against didn't make the playoffs last year and are bottom dwellers this year.

4 of the last 6 teams Canucks played against made the playoffs last year and are excepted to be contenders against this year.

Phill Kessel sure is balla for scoring against shitty teams.

Tabris said:
I'm going to love this. Thanks for trying to compare Kessel to Sedin like he's even in the same ballpark.
Hey if Kessel had his sister helping him out too like Daniel's is, he'd be approaching Gretzky territory.

Kessel_WCHA2011.jpg

SpacLock

Acid08 said:
The lighter schedule sucks though because the new players haven't had enough time to really get acclimated, I hate this fucking schedule. I'm thinking Boston has a really good chance to win tonight. We'll see though, Havlat will be less rusty and he already showed some great stuff last night with Couture and Havlat.

My prediction is Couture deflecting a shot off his beaver teeth in OT for the win.

Marvie_3

Banned
SpectreFire said:
4 of the last 6 teams Leafs played against didn't make the playoffs last year and are bottom dwellers this year.

4 of the last 6 teams Canucks played against made the playoffs last year and are excepted to be contenders against this year.

So does that mean the Sedins are extra balla because they play in a division where the other 4 teams missed the playoffs last year?

SpectreFire said:

4 of the last 6 teams Canucks played against made the playoffs last year and are excepted to be contenders against this year,

To even out the playing field a bit you could also take into consideration that Sedin plays for the Stanley Cup finalists and Presidents Trophy winners and Kessel plays for the Leafs!

lupinko

Marvie_3 said:
So does that mean the Sedins are extra balla because they play in a division where the other 4 teams missed the playoffs last year?

Now to mention that same division having the two worst teams that ended up having lottery picks at that last draft.

HadesGigas said:
To even out the playing field a bit you could also take into consideration that Sedin plays for the Stanley Cup finalists and Presidents Trophy winners and Kessel plays for the Leafs!
Yeah, but you also have to take account the fact that every time Fat Kessel is on the ice, Leafs are basically playing with a man-advantage!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
SpectreFire said:

lol it must be October, Manics Forza is talking up the Leafs!

B2PYz.jpg

Thought Marty Chinn might appreciate this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom