• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS GAME

is_this_real_life__3023.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WTF the Flyers/Jets game is still going??? lol

edit: 9-8?? lol

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Malkin's goal was fucking filthy. Could not have nudged that through a tighter space.

And Fleury is so clutch in SO's. Totally just made Tavares look like his bitch.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wish I could have watched the Philly game from the start, this game is going to fuck with fantasy leagues so hard.

Solo

Kuro Madoushi said:
holy shit! 9-8?!

Damn! I don't think I've seen that score in over a decade!

There was an 8-7 game last season, but yeah, its basically a thing of the past. Gotta love it when it does happen.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
"The Cup Hangover" is real, folks. This team straight up sucks. It was worth it, though!

Slurmer

Banned
Alucard said:
Jets are RED HOT against teams from Pennsylvania this season.

Man, Philly...what was that?

That IS Philly. The first few games were an anomaly, I sense a 8-9 game losing streak coming...this team just doesn't have it

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Didn't the Flyers get themselves a goalie? I remember hearing last year that they always had a goalie problem, how can it still not be solved?

Then again I can never blame a goalie when the game ends so close, even if a lot of goals were scored on both sides.

Curufinwe

Lol at you guys going on about goalies. Watch the ninth goal by the Jets and tell me whose fault that was. There was a complete breakdown on defense tonight by the Flyers.

Solo

Curufinwe said:
Lol at you guys going on about goalies. Watch the ninth goal by the Jets and tell me whose fault that was. There was a complete breakdown on defense tonight by the Flyers.

The fact that there was a 9th goal is the problem. Flyers have let in 14 goals in 24 hours.

Sanjuro

vatstep said:
"The Cup Hangover" is real, folks. This team straight up sucks. It was worth it, though!
I hope after the collapse the story breaks that the team was eating Poutine and drinking Molson in the clubhouse.

calder

At 8-7 I said 2 more goals, so jets don't get an empty netter. Appreciate it boys!

Defense... So so bad. Antropov, burmistrov, Ladd, Wellwood, glass (!), so good on offence. Crazy bounce goals all over. Fucking roller coaster that's for sure.

<3 Kane. I don't know who's sweater to get, Kane was my first choice but the 'strovs are so awesome every game lately

Slurmer

Banned
Curufinwe said:

This, even though Bryz let in a couple softies. Philly has gotten the doors blown off of them 4 straight games, and it's mostly because their defense is playing like complete shit

Red_Man

I think bryz will turn it around and get back to form soon, but it's understandable for fans to be pissed at him after signing him for a decade and $100 million or w/e it was I'd be scared to read phillys suboard on hboards tonight

Curufinwe

Solo said:
The fact that there was a 9th goal is the problem. Flyers have let in 14 goals in 24 hours.

The only goal that was from bad goaltending was the 5-hole one Bryzgalov let in. The ninth goal is just the best example of the Flyers skaters standing around letting the Jets do whatever they wanted instead of using their bodies and sticks to disrupt the play.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I hope after the collapse the story breaks that the team was eating Poutine and drinking Molson in the clubhouse.
And playing Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey for N64

Red_Man

Solo said:
I love that the only player who could score on Price tonight was wearing the same sweater.

:lol
Pleks should have been given two goals tonight, the first and probably the last time he'll have scored on both goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom