• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Belmont said:
Hey guys, did you know that NHL hockey is just an hour and a half away?
I actually didn't know the start was today till I saw the OT. LOL I knew preseason was going on, but I was so busy recently I forgot it started today. Needless to say I am immensely happy.

yankeehater said:
Comcast sportsnet has most of the games. In my area though last year, comcast 2 had some of the games, I dont know if they are extending that this year or not. I am so fucking excited for tonight's game, I dont think they will win, I just really want to see all the new guys on the ice together.
Thanks!

Scottify

Mind if I put my two cents in here as a Wild fan? I don't post a lot but still wanted to make my allegiances known. While I don't think we will win the Cup this year I definitely see improvement over last year. I feel a playoff spot can be in the cards, which would be a huge step up from the past couple of years.

3N16MA

Banned
snack said:
On behalf of Canucks-GAF,

LET'S DO THIS!

You will be rocking this pretty soon:

V9fA0.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
snack said:
I don't mind a half naked Crosby. The real question is, do you mind a fullout naked Kesler? :D

I forgot about that Kesler nude photo shoot. No need to worry, Pens got this.

snack

3N16MA said:
I forgot about that Kesler nude photo shoot. No need to worry, Pens got this.
It's all in good fun. I'm just excited for the hockey season to start again. May the better team win.

Solo

yankeehater said:
Quebec Coyotes has a nice ring to it.

If/when the Nordiques come back to Quebec, they had better not fucking botch the unis like they did for the Jets. Classic Nordiques jerseys or bust.

Solo said:
If/when the Nordiques come back to Quebec, they had better not fucking botch the unis like they did for the Jets. Classic Nordiques jerseys or bust.

Oh I totally agree, those were one of the best jerseys ever. I am still disappointed that the Jets didnt use the old logo.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
These Habs/Leafs games are always the most stressful. Too many family members and relatives that are Leaf fans.

Solo

So, who scores the first goal in the NHL this year? It will be either a Hab, Leaf, Flyer or Bruin.

I'm going with Max Pacioretty.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, I can't believe the season starts in like an hour. For me, this was probably the fastest off-season ever. It's just weird because it was the first time, well, ever that I didn't constantly obsess over how the last season ended (usually in a shitty fashion) and if/how that would change next year, so it was a unique few months. I really don't want the celebration to end, but it'll nice to have hockey back. I just can't believe it came so fast.

I didn't post much in the off-season thread because I was in internet-lite mode for most of the summer, but my game night routine will still be watching at home while refreshing GAF. I'm back bros!

DLZUI.jpg

Solo

Enjoy it, vat, because once the banner is raised, you're back to square one with the rest of us.

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Hey Solo. I know I've asked you before dude but I forget.

Where do you live again?

Nova Scotia. Far enough way to avoid you and Manics trying to roofie me. Have also lived in Alberta and New Brunswick at different times.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
vatstep said:
Wow, I can't believe the season starts in like an hour. For me, this was probably the fastest off-season ever. It's just weird because it was the first time, well, ever that I didn't constantly obsess over how the last season ended (usually in a shitty fashion) and if/how that would change next year, so it was a unique few months. I really don't want the celebration to end, but it'll nice to have hockey back. I just can't believe it came so fast.

I didn't post much in the off-season thread because I was in internet-lite mode for most of the summer, but my game night routine will still be watching at home while refreshing GAF. I'm back bros!

DLZUI.jpg

Well, you're a Bruins fan... so, it was technically the fastest off-season ever.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Dear Gods of Gaf,

Please let the Habs lose. The reactions will be priceless.

Your humble servant,
Spire

Solo

Spire said:

I have to admit that there is a small part of me that wants to see the Leafs go 5-0 again to start the season for the "Leafs will make playoffs!"/"Kessel for HART!" lulz.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Solo said:
I have to admit that there is a small part of me that wants to see the Leafs go 5-0 again to start the season for the "Leafs will make playoffs!"/"Kessel for HART!" lulz.
Kessel always activates beast mode against the Habs. Three points tonight.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Spire said:
Dear Gods of Gaf,

Your humble servant,
Spire
How will the reactions be priceless? It's game 1, not a playoff series. The only reaction that would be priceless is MPW's premonition of doom and gloom which isn't even priceless because that's his reaction to everything.

Solo

Goddamn, Forza

Red_Man said:
How will the reactions be priceless? It's game 1, not a playoff series. The only reaction that would be priceless is MPW's premonition of doom and gloom which isn't even priceless because that's his reaction to everything.

It's a MUST WIN game, man. Didn't you get the memo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom