• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurmer

Banned
Red_Man said:
Question for Philly fans is couturier just on the 9 game try out or has he officially made the team? I was pretty surprised back when jets passed on him.

They traded Legein to the Kings today, and a big part of that was probably to keep Couturier past the 9 games

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
MacAttack said:
Bruins are at it again with a shitty power play. 1 for 16 so far this season. O_O

Here we go another PP opportunity.
It was just so fitting that they scored on their first PP of the season, but of course, not since.

Christ, if they can't beat or at least score a goal on a team that's had two bench penalties in the first half of the game... I don't know, I smell another goalless game.

Fell asleep when I walked in tonight, but woke up just in time for the first goal. Overall I think we look pretty good, but I'm with Socreges that overall we "just" look good. This team can improve, but I'm far from upset with how things are going for us overall. Nucks look good but they took some pretty fucking stupid penalties in the first.

EDIT: O and the right people are stepping up for the Flyers. Glad to see Simmonds, Pronger, and JVR getting involved. Those guys need to be productive this year and it looks like they will be so far. Fingers crossed.

Slurmer

Banned
brucewaynegretzky said:
Fell asleep when I walked in tonight, but woke up just in time for the first goal. Overall I think we look pretty good, but I'm with Socreges that overall we "just" look good. This team can improve, but I'm far from upset with how things are going for us overall. Nucks look good but they took some pretty fucking stupid penalties in the first.

At least it looks like Philly's PP will be good enough to capitalize on those once in a while this season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ok gotchya I'm surprised to see him getting so much PK time and in the circle for some important face offs.

columbus/avalanche highlights look terrible. No wonder there are so many scouts there. Nobody can make out anything because the feed is so crappy.

MacAttack

vatstep said:
Christ, if they can't beat or at least score a goal on a team that's had two bench penalties in the first half of the game... I don't know, I smell another goalless game.

Peverley is my guess to score if we can get one. He's played in$pired tonight.

calder

Holy shit I think the announcer in Philly fainted on the horn button there, took his coworker a solid minute to pull him off that foghorn damn.

Or else my sub is turned up too high again. *sticks fingers in ears, winces*

Honestly if I'm a team preparing for the Flyers I want to know how you plan on defending them. Briere and Giroux aren't worthy of the sort of defensive coverage that some of the "big time" superstars warrant, but at the same time we have some pretty dangerous guys on every line. Voracek, Jagr, JVR, Simmonds, Hartnell..... take a note Toronto.

/depth

Socreges

Banned
Well. Hodgson still looks good. Will be interesting to see if he's on the wing with Kesler/Samuelsson in a couple weeks.

HIGGINS

Socreges

Banned
How does Volpatti get a holding penalty on JVR, but JVR doesn't get a holding/tripping penalty on Bieksa?? That was right in front of the net.

Frustrating game. Canucks don't deserve any better tonight, though

Every Flyer in the defensive zone feels the need to be below and in between the hash marks.... This is the part where the peewee coach gets a video and shows the guys all the orange in the same place on the ice.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
SEGUIN!!!

DOC JUST HAD AN ORGASM ON AIR

my god that is one of the sickest snipes you'll ever see

Revenant

snack said:

billandtedairguitar.gif

Socreges said:
POLOL 2.25MILLION

EDIT: JUDGES RULING?.................... ACCEPTABLE

billandtedairguitar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.