• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October Thread - The Shanabans North American Tour begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red_Man said:
How will the reactions be priceless? It's game 1, not a playoff series. The only reaction that would be priceless is MPW's premonition of doom and gloom which isn't even priceless because that's his reaction to everything.

Losing to the Leafs always elicits a few angry posts from the more violent Habs side of GAF.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Red_Man said:
How will the reactions be priceless? It's game 1, not a playoff series. The only reaction that would be priceless is MPW's premonition of doom and gloom which isn't even priceless because that's his reaction to everything.

The excuses from the Habs fans and the delusions of grandeur from the Leafs fans would mix together deliciously. You can't taste it because you're one of the ingredients.

Solo

TemplaerDude said:
Losing to the Leafs always elicits a few angry posts from the more violent Habs side of GAF.

If they lose, I will tear this thread apart.

Anyways, 4-0 Habs, final prediction. Goals from Pacioretty, Cole, Cammy and Gomez.

MacAttack

Solo said:
Come on Bruins-AGE, answer my question! Is Pouliot going to play on your third or fourth line?

Julien said yesterday the third and fourth lines are still up in the air. We probably won't know until the game starts. Moving forward he expects the rotation to change depending on who is the hot hand.

/crazy depth

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
3N16MA said:
Your worst nightmare.
I looked at the updated allegiances list — another Pens fan? I can deal with that. If you were another Habs, Leafs or Canucks fan, then we might have a problem.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck seeing chara lift the cup every before every game CbC broadcasts is going to kill me all season.

3N16MA

Banned
vatstep said:
I looked at the updated allegiances list — another Pens fan? I can deal with that. If you were another Habs, Leafs or Canucks fan, then we might have a problem.

Big influx of Pens fans over the past few years. I hope most are going to stick with the team and not jump off the bandwagon. It was not pretty when it looked liked they were going to bought and moved.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I got the memo about the Leafs opening ceremony, it consists of the pouring of the tears of Leaf fans (and Manic's sperm) from all over Canada at centre ice.

MacAttack

Bruins sharing the second "A" between Chris Kelly (road games) and Andrew Ference (home games). Not that it means much when you have a locker room full of leaders like this team.

SCHUEY F1 said:
I got the memo about the Leafs opening ceremony, it consists of the pouring of the tears of Leaf fans (and Manic's sperm) from all over Canada at centre ice.
I'll be the third guy walking down during the ceremony. My duty is to spit on the ice.

Solo

Habs/Bruins don't play until Oct. 27. However, its a home and home, which is going to be fucking epic. I hope Patches scores an OT winner in one of the games and shoves Chara again.

Solo

MacAttack said:
Bruins sharing the second "A" between Chris Kelly (road games) and Andrew Ference (home games). Not that it means much when you have a locker room full of leaders like this team.

The whole A business is weird. The Habs two "official" A's are Hal Gill and Andrei Markov. But with Markov out all of last season, his A rotated between Cammy, Plekanec, Gomez and Gorges. So in effect we had 6 Assistant Captains last season :lol

And since Markov is still out, those 4 players will rotate it again this year, haha.

Man, so I can't cheer for the Pens or Nucks, and the Habs beating the Leafs would be no suprise and boring, but I can't cheer for the Leafs because their fans will say they are going undefeated this year sooo.....

I hope all teams find a way to lose and there will be no winners, that I believe will be the best outcome for all.

Oh, I could care less about Philly and Boston, they can tear each other apart to start the season off for all I care.

Red_Man

Goddamn gionta looks fucking glorious in HD let's get this going so glad I'll be able to watch every game on tv this year.

MacAttack said:
Bruins sharing the second "A" between Chris Kelly (road games) and Andrew Ference (home games).

Still can't believe we gave Kelly away for a 2nd rounder and he's already earned the 'A' in Boston after a short amount of time.

Awesome player/awesome guy.

E-DuB

I got my scotch, I got my beer, I got mt food in the oven...Hockey's back guys....hockey's back
Go 'Nucks
Go Preds
Go Leafs
3AQmK.gif

W00t free leafs touque! Leafs actually have a decent giveaway!

Leafs 3ed jersey looks sweet on the ice

Pre game starts now!!!

Well, off to go serve the rabid, thirsty fans of this city. Hopefully it won't be too busy during the game so I can actually watch it. GO CANUCKS GO
leafs suck

Solo

Almost time to fire up the ol' CBC HD for the first time since June. Can't wait to hear that senile old bastard Bob Cole. I wonder how many times tonight he will call Gomez Cammalleri :lol

NHL-GAF's Words to Know

Classless
~ Do you know who I am

Salt
~ A savoury delight found between the legs of a Blackhawk Fan's vagina.

Tabris
~ Common response when bull defecate is smeared liberally across the thread.

Alt
~ See *Leafs Fan

Truculence
~ The 'it' factor required to play in the AHL.

Leafs Fan
~ See Borderline Pedophilia

Calling The Police
~ An appropriate response when a Montreal Canadien player is hit, legally or illegally.

[insert name of city other than Nashville] Predators
~ A common phrase known to induce aneurysms in sefskillz.

Depth
~ When the inability to score is four lines deep.

Solo

LOL, love the /depth one

Epic Tales of Penis said:
Habs are truly fucked. With the Leafs rolling four deep lines, which one do you send your "shutdown" line out to cover?!

We already sent out shutdown line to Winnipeg. No need for it against Kessel and a bag of pucks.

Solo

BigJonsson said:
No eller tonight!

Easy win

The Great Dane will be out another 2 weeks. Then he is going to wreck the league's asshole like Forza does Manics after a couple of Mike's Hard Lemonades.

Red_Man

Great piece on Patches on CBC dudes a warrior and going to have a huge season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom