• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

ATF487

First look at the hockey configuration at Barclays. The scoreboard is off-center and having no seats directly behind the goal on one side is going to be weird.

rNYKRj6.jpg

How did they fuck this up that badly? I thought this was supposed to be a real multipurpose venue!

According to wiki they lose 3k seats when going from basketball to hockey

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Flyers have notified Briere he's been bought out.

Also:

"@tpanotchCSN: 2 NHL sources tell CSN Flyers & ANA talking of Bobby Ryan. Among scenarios discussed: Coburn, 11th pick for Ryan”

AND they're reportedly talking to the Kings about Bernier.

:lol Holmgren is the GOAT off season GM. Incredible, he's like a kid playing Be A GM mode in the NHL games come to life.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
2 NHL sources tell CSN Flyers & ANA talking of Bobby Ryan. Among scenarios being discussed: Coburn, 11th pick for Ryan... more later

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quick

Banned
How did they fuck this up that badly? I thought this was supposed to be a real multipurpose venue!

According to wiki they lose 3k seats when going from basketball to hockey

It was built purely as a basketball venue. Isles didn't have any input on it. It can be set up as a hockey venue technically, but it doesn't mean it'll be perfect.

That's actually how the US Airways Center sort-of looked when the Coyotes played there. And the scoreboard was off-centre at Key Arena when it was configured for hockey.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Actually the 11th pick would be pretty great considering we were the 10th oldest team this season but-

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

JABEE

Coburn is a good defenseman. He's signed to a deal at 4.5 million. He is 28 years old.

Bryzgalov's agent has been informed that Bryz will not be bought out this summer.

How old is he? If we get another Sbisa out of this then it might not be half bad... But Bobby =(

Well yeah another Sbisa would kick ass.
Aaaand we only have Bobby for 2 years, may not be able to afford him then.

His trade value IS the highest right now...

And the Flyers scouts really want to hold on to that 11th pick...

Meet me in the war room, we have things to discuss.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Flyers have notified Briere he's been bought out.

Also:

"@tpanotchCSN: 2 NHL sources tell CSN Flyers & ANA talking of Bobby Ryan. Among scenarios discussed: Coburn, 11th pick for Ryan”

AND they're reportedly talking to the Kings about Bernier.

:lol Holmgren is the GOAT off season GM. Incredible, he's like a kid playing Be A GM mode in the NHL games come to life.

Basically :lol

I have slowly begun rebranding all my Dallas Stars stuff..

3 new shirts
New Blanket
New giant flag
New License plate frame
2 new hats
Preordered 3 new jerseys (will cancel 1 extra home jersey depending on which arrives first)
4 new magnets for my fridge
New polo shirt
New hoodie

First look at the hockey configuration at Barclays. The scoreboard is off-center and having no seats directly behind the goal on one side is going to be weird.

rNYKRj6.jpg

What the shit..

Red_Man

3 new shirts
New Blanket
New giant flag
New License plate frame
2 new hats
Preordered 3 new jerseys (will cancel 1 extra home jersey depending on which arrives first)
New polo shirt
New hoodie

What the shit..
You're not hardcore until you're rocking Stars toilet paper, not impressed.

Eugh, noob. Come back when you've got Official Dallas Stars Ice Cubes from the Official Dallas Stars Ice Cube Tray.

Actually you can get NHL toasters that brand NHL logos into toast so...

Heretic

Well yeah another Sbisa would kick ass.
Aaaand we only have Bobby for 2 years, may not be able to afford him then.

His trade value IS the highest right now...

And the Flyers scouts really want to hold on to that 11th pick...

Meet me in the war room, we have things to discuss.

You're right. Bobby is going to want top dollar. I think Ducks can fit him in but I don't know. He really loves it in SoCal. Do you think he'd take a discount?

He needs to be on a strong second line that's centered by Bonino.

So, if I'm following this, Flyers sign 35 year old defensive liability. They're keeping there head case goalie who, if the latest insider trading is to be believed, is not popular in the dressing room. Now they are going to trade heir second best D-Man for more offense? How does all of this help the Flyers from keeping goals out of their net?

You're right. Bobby is going to want top dollar. I think Ducks can fit him in but I don't know. He really loves it in SoCal. Do you think he'd take a discount?

He needs to be on a strong second line that's centered by Bonino.

I think when it comes to Philly in particular, there won't be a comparison for him between there and Anaheim. He has his heart there because of his Dad, and he has his lifestyle in SoCal.

He NEEDS to be on the second line with Bonino. Those guys were fire. And we're now seeing the decline of Teemu so a second line stud would be just ace.

Now let's focus on our D, do we really think Beauch is going to be as good as he was this year? Maybe. But Souray is getting old as bones, I don't think he'll be able to skate back as fast as what Boudreaus system demands. Could we be looking at a Vatanen promotion next season? What about Lindholm, what do we expect from him?

Red_Man

From LeBrun : More @Real_ESPNLeBrun: If PGH can't sign Letang in relatively short order it is likely he will be traded before free agency starts

:lol :lol this off season should be epic.

Acid08

Banned
From LeBrun : More @Real_ESPNLeBrun: If PGH can't sign Letang in relatively short order it is likely he will be traded before free agency starts

:lol :lol this off season should be epic.
Yeah it'll be super epic, Animal Crossing is full of summer events.

3 new shirts
New Blanket
New giant flag
New License plate frame
2 new hats
New polo shirt
New hoodie

What the shit..
Do not support mediocre rebranding.

Socreges

Banned
Haven't been able to play much AC the last few days. Just had enough time to pick the fruit off the trees. I've got a shit ton of everything. Kinda thinking I should just try to plant it all.

Anyone got an axe for sale that they don't need?

So, if I'm following this, Flyers sign 35 year old defensive liability. They're keeping there head case goalie who, if the latest insider trading is to be believed, is not popular in the dressing room. Now they are going to trade heir second best D-Man for more offense? How does all of this help the Flyers from keeping goals out of their net?

If the Flyers are really keeping Bryz then they have to give up any hope of stopping the other team from scoring. Bryz is beyond horrible and totally untrustworthy in net. If he is the goalie then the only possible hope is to try and out score teams. Honestly if the Flyers keep Bryz then they will miss the playoffs again so there is no point making any trades or signing any players.

Red_Man

Canadian Tire has massive pockets. They even bought the Forzani Group last year. (Sportchek, Atmosphere, Hockey Experts etc.)
Really? I had no idea, I always had it pegged as the store 45 year old fathers go to during mid life crisis' and to get away from their families.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABY WINGS CALDER CUP CHAMPIONS, SUCK IT ALL OTHER BABY NHL TEAMS, SUCK IT HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAT FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Somebody who doesn't have Pears as their native fruit, please open your gates... I have way too many pears stored up that I need to sell lol.

Top Bottom