• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

ZeroGravity

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 11m
Paul Holmgren to CSN: "I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. When the time comes to do our business we will do whatever is best for our hockey team."
So the option to buyout Bryz is still on the table it seems.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Spurs: finish it. End the NBA season tonight. Please.

I'm not watching this shit, just following online. Although I'll tune in to see Chris Bosh cry again.

Make sure to play your best player with some scrubs and switch up the lines whenever you feel like.

Fuck Q.

Make your PP pass and never shoot.

I'll also make sure my defensemen never move on the point on the PP so the defenseman can just stick to the guy on the boards.

Watch the Mighty Ducks.

Done like 500 times.

Make sure they do at least 30 minutes of jumping exercises every day.

:lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"On ur Sabres questions... Buffalo, when they trade Miller (key word: "when"), is expected to hand Jhonas Enroth the keys."

They wanna give the #1 spot to Enroth? Really?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"On ur Sabres questions... Buffalo, when they trade Miller (key word: "when"), is expected to hand Jhonas Enroth the keys."

They wanna give the #1 spot to Enroth? Really?

Enroth took Sweden to a gold medal at the World Championships... He's not THAT bad. :p

Red_Man

Enroth took Sweden to a gold medal at the World Championships... He's not THAT bad. :p
He went over a calendar year without a win, he can be pretty good or really bad. I haven't seen enough consistency to give him that position, Buffalo is just getting a head start on the McDavid sweepstakes.

Vman

So Brodiziak sucked this year aswell as Gilbert, heres why. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"Former Oilers Tom Gilbert and Kyle Brodziak both had pneumonia early this season. During the lockout, they golfed 45 holes one day in late November in Minnesota when it was only four degrees. Gilbert ended up with viral and bacterial pneumonia and spent four days in hospital. Brodziak didn’t get sick until January, but he lost 15 pounds and it zapped his strength. He said he is finally back to feeling better. When I asked them what they were thinking golfing on that cold of a day Gilbert said: “We weren’t thinking. I have no idea why we kept playing. It definitely wasn’t our best decision.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Gregor+didn+Nugent+Hopkins+have+shoulder+surgery+earlier+this/8274439/story.html

Smiley90

"Former Oilers Tom Gilbert and Kyle Brodziak both had pneumonia early this season. During the lockout, they golfed 45 holes one day in late November in Minnesota when it was only four degrees. Gilbert ended up with viral and bacterial pneumonia and spent four days in hospital. Brodziak didn’t get sick until January, but he lost 15 pounds and it zapped his strength. He said he is finally back to feeling better. When I asked them what they were thinking golfing on that cold of a day Gilbert said: “We weren’t thinking. I have no idea why we kept playing. It definitely wasn’t our best decision.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Gregor+didn+Nugent+Hopkins+have+shoulder+surgery+earlier+this/8274439/story.html

ahahahahahahahah you have got to be kidding ROFL. That's Onion-levels news right there lol.

Acid08

Banned

Fucking athletes :lol

Socreges

Banned
Golfed 18 today. Zero interest in even one more hole. I've never golfed 18 and felt 'I'd like to do that again... right now!'

He went over a calendar year without a win, he can be pretty good or really bad. I haven't seen enough consistency to give him that position, Buffalo is just getting a head start on the McDavid sweepstakes.
If they're actually planning to tank they'll need to also trade Vanek. He'll get a great return.

FUCK YEAH GOLF

Red_Man

If they're actually planning to tank they'll need to also trade Vanek. He'll get a great return.
Last I recall, they were planning on trading one of Miller / Vanek but not both, I could be wrong though. Any team that traded for Vanek would absolutely gut their prospect / picks pool, so they'd have to hope to win a cup in 2-3 years.

Smiley90

Why IS golf such a huge tradition after a postseason end anyway?

It's a rich people's sport that's nowhere near as physically taxing as hockey, and the season for it starts around the time the season ends for most hockey players. You get to show off your fancy cars and equipment to your friends, too. That'd be my guess, at least.

Red_Man

After a week of internal meetings, Avalanche brass came to a conclusion: Jones won't be their pick. Instead, it could be any one of three forwards: Nathan MacKinnon, Jonathan Drouin or Alexander Barkov.
"If we do pick first, we're leaning more toward one of those three forwards," Avalanche executive vice president of hockey operations Joe Sakic told The Denver Post.

POST IF YOU ARE OKAY DUB!

That's really surprising unless Sakic is doing some hard fishing, I think that's it, he could trade down and get one of those forwards plus more if he really wanted too.

ShaneB

GOLF IS AWESOME. The US Open had a hell of a finish. I miss playing golf :( I'm poor and golf is expensive here in Toronto. Fuck.

Also, basketball OT just doesn't have the same flare.

Smiley90

POST IF YOU ARE OKAY DUB!

That's really surprising unless Sakic is doing some hard fishing, I think that's it, he could trade down and get one of those forwards plus more if he really wanted too.

No waaaaaaaaay. Maybe putting out rumours to get some trade-talk going. No idea. But damn.

(Also wait, why Dub? The only Avs fan I can think of is 19&21... Dubbed's a panthers fan?)

Red_Man

No waaaaaaaaay. Maybe putting out rumours to get some trade-talk going. No idea. But damn.

(Also wait, why Dub? The only Avs fan I can think of is 19&21... Dubbed's a panthers fan?)
Dub has been jerking off to Mac videos for 6 months now, I assume if the Avs take him 1st overall he'll hang himself.

Smiley90

They'll still be shit without a goaltender :(

He wants Mackinnon. If the Avs take a forward at #1, Mackinnon is the most logical choice.

There's this Luongo guy who I think likes the state of Florida available.

Dub has been jerking off to Mac videos for 6 months now, I assume if the Avs take him 1st overall he'll hang himself.

Ah, I see :rofl. Well he shouldn't complain about getting Jones.

Red_Man

I just saw this follow up tweet

"Sakic went on to say COL believes MacKinnon, Drouin and Barkov represent the best 3 players in the draft. AKA, Seth Jones not in their top 3"

That's rather shocking to me, this draft day could be legendary.

Smiley90

"Sakic went on to say COL believes MacKinnon, Drouin and Barkov represent the best 3 players in the draft. AKA, Seth Jones not in their top 3"

inb4 Calgary trades up to Nr 3 pick with Jones available and picks an unknown High Schooler.

Samyy

WILL THIS SEASON END ALREADY

Red_Man

inb4 Calgary trades up to Nr 3 pick with Jones available and picks an unknown High Schooler.
High Schoolers are so last year, time to go for pre school kids, find those prodigies early.

I wonder if Jones' stock is maybe falling with other teams too?

Or Colorado is just crazy.
A scout on twitter said most people would be shocked by how different teams boards are this year. Should make for an interesting day.

Smiley90

High Schoolers are so last year, time to go for pre school kids, find those prodigies early.

A scout on twitter said most people would be shocked by how different teams boards are this year. Should make for an interesting day.

Does anyone have that "War room" picture from last year at hand, where the one team's room was ridiculously small and old-fashioned? I remember a picture like that.

I want the Avs to pick Jones, that being said picking a defense at #1 is risky business. Look no further than Johnson. I'd be fine with MacKinnon as well.That would be Stastny is probably gone and trading him isn't going to solve our defense problem as he can't fetch a #1 caliber defenseman. This could also just be a tactic to get Florida to pay up if they want MacKinnon, then we could get Jones and maybe a little bonus.

RC

Banned
I'm bored NHL-GAF. Is there anything I could do by myself, at around 10pm, on a Tuesday night, that will get me out of the house?

Smiley90

I'm bored NHL-GAF. Is there anything I could do by myself, at around 10pm, on a Tuesday night, that will get me out of the house?

Late-night dessert. There's some really great places around Main. You mentioned living in that area, right?

Top Bottom