• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

cube444

Another mock draft, this one from Hockey's Future.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...campaign=hockeys-future-2013-staff-mock-draft

barkov_drouin_mackinnon_jones_nhl_combine_053013.jpg

2, 3, 4, 1

Ranking penis size.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If I was like 30 and arguing hardcore about video games all day, I would have to reexamine my life
This. Also people who compare system wars to hockey discussion have to realize that hockey is a competitive sport built on beating other teams, video games are created purely for entertainment, there's no need to pick a side and tear apart other people / consoles for 10 hours a day.

I wonder if Jones could slip to fourth. Seems like each of Col/Fla/TBay are taking forwards.
Lol no. I still think this is just a whole lot of posturing from Sakic, might as well throw the lines out there to try and get some bites.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yup, the Grand Rapids Griffins or Baby Wings as I like to call them, first Calder Cup (and possibly first time in the Calder Cup Finals) in franchise history. Team was stacked with a lot of our high potential rookies, so it is great to see them flourish and win it. This is my Stanley Cup celebration, so let me have it! :D

Plus our future prospects are looking great and can't wait to see most of them on the big club when they turn the ripe old age of 30.

Ugh. Can't wait for the PR disaster next year when they try keeping Tatar in GR again. He's going to be furious.

Merguson

Banned
Ugh. Can't wait for the PR disaster next year when they try keeping Tatar in GR again. He's going to be furious.

According to HFBoards.. if true.. Tatar can't be in the AHL unless he passes through waivers.. and I doubt teams are going to pass on him.

EDIT: Baby Leafs defeated by eventual winners... Leafs up next?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy from the hockey new following up in last nights DenverPost report:

"Speaking with a Denver insider, it really sounds like Colorado is going to take Nathan MacKinnon with the first pick now."

Heretic

"Speaking with a Denver insider, it really sounds like Colorado is going to take Nathan MacKinnon with the first pick now."

Seeing this on twitter too. Give up your first to Anaheim, Avs!!!

Merguson

Banned

Paul Stastny, Matt Duchene, Ryan O'Reilly and now Nathan MacKinnon?

Paul Stastny has to be on the trade market. Maybe O'Reilly but they can't trade him for a year.. I think the offer sheet was in in February or March.

calder

decided to buy this based on your post. thanks.

Hope you like it. If anyone thinks it sounds interesting they should read that RPS review, it does a great job describing the games many charms. Well worth the somewhat premium indie game price of $15, although I think I got it on a slight Steam sale.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brooks is talking about Arniel as a possible assistant for Vigneault because AV is good friends with him. To which I say, fucking no. Brassard hates the guy, and Nash had some of his least productive years under him. Stay the fuck away.

In other news, Lundqvist extension talks are going to get started during the draft. Malkin's new contract is expected to be the baseline they're starting from.

Curufinwe

In other news, Lundqvist extension talks are going to get started during the draft. Malkin's new contract is expected to be the baseline they're starting from.

$9.5 million seems like too much for a goalie. I thought he would take something like 8 years, $60 million.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be interesting to see. The problem is that SOMEBODY would almost certainly give Lundqvist the keys to the castle and give him that Malkin-esque deal. He knows it, the Rangers know it, everybody knows it. So the question is really how much does he value staying in New York (and I would say that he probably loves playing in NYC more than anybody else on the team) and how good does he think his chances of winning a Stanley Cup here are?

The money aspect I think is just a matter of course and really of less importance to Henrik himself than most of the other intangibles. I think he would take less money if he thought the team was moving in the right direction. But I also think, if that's the case, that he won't sign during this offseason.

calder

I'm really hating those mock drafts, I keep looking at the guys in the top 5 we won't be getting. :( So many offensively gifted centers, and we need some so damn badly.

This is good news for everyone, regardless if you were affected by the policies or not.

Good, in that it's still possible to change things like this, but if Sony didn't make such a big deal out of it and adopted even somewhat similar policies we'd never have seen it.

Samyy

Still won't matter nearly as much as that price point difference. The difference between seeing a 3 and 4 at the front of that number is enourmous.

If it makes enough of a difference and sales are really suffering I would expect them to remove kinect after examining data from holiday season and a couple months after.
And yea thank god Sony stuck it to them or this may have not happened. In this regard we bow to FamousMortimer for essentially defining the next generation.

I think the gamesharing thing was always going to be behind a paywall and for that system to work now I imagine it would have to be or developers would get pretty angry I would suspect. If its still free then I urge Sony to follow that model as well.

I guess I look forward to picking up an xbox to play the exclusives in 2-3 years then.

Still won't matter nearly as much as that price point difference. The difference between seeing a 3 and 4 at the front of that number is enourmous.

I just hope the family sharing thing will still be a feature, even though we still need concrete details, it was the feature I was most interested in.

Samyy

I just hope the family sharing thing will still be a feature, even though we still need concrete details, it was the feature I was most interested in.

It might be that the DRM was the bargaining chip they dangled at pubs to allow the sharing feature. Maybe it will be paywalled for now or may just extend to digital downloads like with the PS3?

Giggzy

It's certainly made a difference to me. Just preordered the Xbox1 on amazon before they sell out after this news. I'll keep my ps4 preorder as well and make a decision closer to launch.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

It's been brought up so many times from MS-sources, it's basically confirmed isn't it? You can be a member of one family of up to 10 people among which games can be shared, but two people can't play the same game at the same time? (Unless they buy multiple copies)

Heretic

It's been brought up so many times from MS-sources, it's basically confirmed isn't it? You can be a member of one family of up to 10 people among which games can be shared, but two people can't play the same game at the same time? (Unless they buy multiple copies)

Two people could play the game at the same time which is why this was a huge feature. The original owner of the game was never going to be locked out no matter who was playing what.

Samyy

Yay! Cheers to delaying the inevitable. :p

May be a bit cynical now but theres a lot of people who live in areas (like me) that stand to see no benefit from these policies and all the negatives.

If something like this takes another 10 years it might all infrastructures in areas to catch up a lot.

This doesn't just apply to MS's policies on DRM and the game sharing feature but also PS+. I can't download a full game because that will us up half my fucking bandwidth. So yay I wont have to worry about this for a while and its a good thing.

Socreges

Banned
Good, in that it's still possible to change things like this, but if Sony didn't make such a big deal out of it and adopted even somewhat similar policies we'd never have seen it.
Sony made a big deal out of it because they were responding to gamers and consumers who obviously wanted nothing to do with the system MS was introducing.

Will have to wait and see what changes are actually being made. But I like how the apologists have dug themselves in so deep that they're now forced to be reticent.

Smiley90

Two people could play the game at the same time which is why this was a huge feature. The original owner of the game was never going to be locked out no matter who was playing what.

Oh really? See, I'd be happy with sharing even if only ONE person owned the game already/could play at a time. Wow@that feature if true. My guess is the DRM was the concession they made to publishers to allow for sharing? Because publishers can't be happy with so much pro-consumerism by MS... (See what I did there? :p)

@samvy: "Yay I won't have to worry about benefitting from this feature because my bandwidth is bad"? :p

@wsox: true. Although, MS now also has free games like PSN+, not sure how much better PSN still is.

Heretic

May be a bit cynical now but theres a lot of people who live in areas (like me) that stand to see no benefit from these policies and all the negatives.

If something like this takes another 10 years it might all infrastructures in areas to catch up a lot.

This doesn't just apply to MS's policies on DRM and the game sharing feature but also PS+. I can't download a full game because that will us up half my fucking bandwidth. So yay I wont have to worry about this for a while and its a good thing.

That's why MS threw in the optical drive and the ability to download from discs. Because of people with your internet situation.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The worst part is people like Amorix will think they have won something. Hopefully in 4-5 years they can implement what they wanted to.

Smiley90

That's why MS threw in the optical drive and the ability to download from discs. Because of people with your internet situation.

Samvy in the other thread:

"You're dismissing something bad because it doesn't affect you? Not much respect for you."

Samvy in this thread:

"Yeah I'm I'm dismissing something good because I can't profit from it."

Socreges

Banned

It never really made any sense. It would have completely cannibalized sales (which publishers would hate) and the logistics of having ten people owning a game but not being able to play simultaneously sounded extremely problematic (which gamers would inevitably hate).

I don't think Microsoft was ever really serious about family sharing. They introduced it AFTER the huge backlash as a carrot, but I think at that point they were seriously considering dropping DRM and the entire system altogether anyhow. DRM would have impacted hardware sales and family sharing would have impacted software sales. It was unsustainable.

I hope it is a middle ground solution, because there were benefits to the system.

I loved what we had heard so far about their system. I was way more hyped about the XB1 because of being able to install all games and especially family sharing. I really hope they give us the option to opt in as well.

Top Bottom