• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Samyy

I couldn't keep interested in that game past the first 20-25 mins, I tried a few times too because Gaf raves about it so much.

I have never died more in a game and I usually get frustrated pretty easily but for some reason I just keep coming back. I don't quite understand it either but its just fun, each enemy/ encounter is like a new challenge and every time I backtrack or die I make it a mini game to get through the set without taking damage or something like that. I dont know its just fun I guess.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have never died more in a game and I usually get frustrated pretty easily but for some reason I just keep coming back. I don't quite understand it either but its just fun, each enemy/ encounter is like a new challenge and every time I backtrack or die I make it a mini game to get through the set without taking damage or something like that. I dont know its just fun I guess.
i get why people love it, it's just not my cup of tea, I really wanted to like it too, but I'm pretty picky with my RPGs.

This game will do that. It is so masterfully crafted. That's where there are people with SL1 runs out there lol.

What of charchter are you using?

Socreges

Banned
I don't think the appeal is as mysterious as you imply. The combat and enemy design is outstanding. And there's always that promise of learning from your mistakes and making it to that next bonfire. That's why we keep trying.

I've never beaten Dark Souls, but I'll probably return to it soon. Before DSII at least.

Samyy

This game will do that. It is so masterfully crafted. That's where there are people with SL1 runs out there lol.

What of charchter are you using?

I think I just went with the warrior because it seemed the most approachable and I love the good ol fashioned sword and shield.

And yea GAF hates on a lot of stuff, like Uncharted 3, crazy.

Montresor

Anybody buying the Xbox One is a complete sucker--especially after they couldn't even reassure people that they won't change the policy back in the future.

It has the games and features that appeal to me (so far at least - I haven't played anything yet). Pretty simple...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This is a good policy for all media on Gaf generally, aside from NHL Gaf. The rest of Gaf just follows a hive mind that hates on anything popular.

TV recommendations are generally pretty good, GAF hype didn't diminish my enjoyment of The Wire, or Deadwwod. I've only really seen major backlash with Lost, and I'd say that's warranted :p

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
you know what?

You're a knob.

Meh. I just can't support a company that wanted to do something as anti-consumer as they did. That's all.

I can't believe they couldn't "reassure" people that they wouldn't go back on their word in the future. Insanity.

As for the NHL, what a horrible move making taking your helmet off before a fight a 2-minute penalty.

I also look forward to seeing Seattle play.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Meh. I just can't support a company that wanted to do something as anti-consumer as they did. That's all.

I can't believe they couldn't "reassure" people that they wouldn't go back on their word in the future. Insanity.

As for the NHL, what a horrible move making taking your helmet off before a fight a 2-minute penalty.

I also look forward to seeing Seattle play.

you do know sony was going to do it too, right?

And policies change ALL THE TIME

you know, like xbox 360? like PS3? you can't say "oh we will not change policies"

Montresor

PFFTT maybe Xbox 4 will have DRM but they're not going to suddenly impose 24-hour DRM for, say, Quantum Break in 3 years. This is a ludicrous idea.

Quick Animal Crossing question. It is July 1st in my town and I still havent seen Redd by the town tree and so I cant buy any art to upgrade my museum. Any suggestions?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
you do know sony was going to do it too, right?

And policies change ALL THE TIME

you know, like xbox 360? like PS3? you can't say "oh we will not change policies"

Source on this? Does it even matter? They didn't. That's all that matters. My guess is the preorder numbers forced Microsoft's hand to change it.

Hey--I owned a 360. I enjoyed it. I just won't support a company that wanted to be that anti-consumer. If you do, good luck to you. I hope they don't switch it back.

DopeyFish

But they didn't.

And this conversation is totally irrelevant now anyway.

Can't wait to play Transistor on my Sony PlayStation 4 Computer Entertainment System.

but they were going to.

difference is microsoft announced it and then reversed it

whoop-de-fucking-do.
not a single console owner had these policies on your system at ANY MOMENT OF TIME

Source on this? Does it even matter? They didn't. That's all that matters. My guess is the preorder numbers forced Microsoft's hand to change it.

Hey--I owned a 360. I enjoyed it. I just won't support a company that wanted to be that anti-consumer. If you do, good luck to you. I hope they don't switch it back.

I don't reveal my sources. Never have. Never will.

Razorskin

----- ------
Quick Animal Crossing question. It is July 1st in my town and I still havent seen Redd by the town tree and so I cant buy any art to upgrade my museum. Any suggestions?
He comes once a week, just time travel to each day of the week and he should be there once.

Time travel tsk tsk

Heretic

but they were going to.

difference is microsoft announced it and then reversed it

whoop-de-fucking-do.
not a single console owner had these policies on your system at ANY MOMENT OF TIME

I'm still hoping we can opt in to their original policies. I was really looking forward to the new features.

lol if you have an emotional investment in any company that you don't work for.

To them, you are just a walking profile of stats. Stats which allow them to pry your cash. Once they have your cash, you're nobody. That's literally every single company and business ever that isn't non-profit.

ZeroGravity

Microsoft and Sony are no different. Your interests as a consumer is not their priority. Their priority is to make the most money possible, and if that involves taking a risk in pissing off a lot of people, they'll do it.

The most important lesson to take away from this is that consumer feedback does matter, and it is possible to affect change. It stopped Sony from implementing DRM, and in turn forced Microsoft to change theirs. Regardless of what console you choose, you will ultimately benefit from what's happened, as it's only gone on to re-enforce stronger competition between the two. The stronger the competition, the more you benefit.

If you don't fight for your rights as a consumer, no one will.

Acid08

Banned

To them, you are just a walking profile of stats. Stats which allow them to pry your cash. Once they have your cash, you're nobody. That's literally every single company and business ever that isn't non-profit.
Even non-profits have their own agendas too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Fuck you man, Apple totally cares about how much more productive I've become using my timetable app on my iPad!

Heretic

You're absolutely right and we all understand this. The investment is with the idea and the features they were providing and I was/am more than willing for that trade off. I put down $500+ because of what they were offering and now that's gone.

some people don't think as backwards as you

It's not "backwards" to expect a little less draconian DRM policies with your fucking game console. There are plenty of ways to push ourselves forward to the all digital future and Microsoft chose the exact wrong path and realized they were wrong. It's about time you twits did the same.

DopeyFish

It's not "backwards" to expect a little less draconian DRM policies with your fucking game console. There are plenty of ways to push ourselves forward to the all digital future and Microsoft chose the exact wrong path and realized they were wrong. It's about time you twits did the same.

there was nothing draconian about the policies. in any respect.

Top Bottom