• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Fei

tumblr_lzzlstKYSY1qf27kzo2_250.gif

Socreges

Banned
The Family Sharing, no matter how limiting, was looking to be a kick ass feature. My girlfriend and I are both getting the Xbox One and only needing to purchase one game was a huge plus.

Also, never needing to swap discs out was pretty cool too. Not to mention having access to your entire library on any Xbox One by simply signing in. Simple features like that were a huge selling point for me.
Heretic, I appreciate your perspective on these things, however prejudiced! But can you please stop acting like Microsoft had to do ANYTHING to win you over. Even when shit was at its most dire and you hadn't yet worked out how to shine the turd, you were still saying that you were on board! But now you're talking like an objective consumer in need of "selling points"!

And anyone who thinks the games would have been cheaper needs to get their head checked. Steam prices? Come on.

Samyy

-Dark Souls-
Just saw a hint that told me to shoot the drakes tail...
Not sure if this is some kind of twisted joke to get me killed

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
There's a show about midgets on TV. At the bottom right of the screen there's the paw-symbol and the text "Pet". I feel morally conflicted about the idea of having midgets as pets, but I appreciate that they're doing a TV show on it.

TUSR

Banned
Shooting the drakes tail gets you a really stupid fucking sword.

Just saw 'This is the End' holy fuck was it hilarious.

Samyy

Shooting the drakes tail gets you a really stupid fucking sword.

Just saw 'This is the End' holy fuck was it hilarious.

Is it stupid in the sense that it ruins the challenge?
And that movie was probably the best comedy I have seen in a long time.

Samyy

it will be better than other weapons temporarily, but in a very short amount of time it will be worse than nearly every weapon . just pick a regular weapon and upgrade it.

Oh ok, I guess I'll read up on upgrading weapons. Is upgrading weapons more important then leveling up or should I focus on the levels?

TUSR

Banned
Is it stupid in the sense that it ruins the challenge?
And that movie was probably the best comedy I have seen in a long time.

You're better off killing the merchant in the undead burg and getting the uchigatana.

If you want I can show you through some parts of the game later ill be up all night.

Oh ok, I guess I'll read up on upgrading weapons. Is upgrading weapons more important then leveling up or should I focus on the levels?

Yes there are way better weapons for upgrading, the Drake Sword falls flat in a lot of the areas and sets you up for failure later on when you use it as a crutch. The Drake sword doesn't even have stats scaling too which makes it a pos.

There were a few parts my face started to hurt I was laughing so much.

Hunter S.

I still wish the Avs would draft Seth Jones. Also, might buy the bone in a couple years now that I can use gamefly to get it's games. Still buying the cheaper PS4 first for sure.

Samyy

You're better off killing the merchant in the undead burg and getting the uchigatana.

If you want I can show you through some parts of the game later ill be up all night.

Yes there are way better weapons for upgrading, the Drake Sword falls flat in a lot of the areas and sets you up for failure later on when you use it as a crutch. The Drake sword doesn't even have stats scaling too which makes it a pos.

There were a few parts my face started to hurt I was laughing so much.

I'd be down for that some other time, theres only so much Dark Souls I can play in a day :lol
Gonna definitely read up on stats, weapons etc. before I spend any more souls

TUSR

Banned
I'd be down for that some other time, theres only so much Dark Souls I can play in a day :lol
Gonna definitely read up on stats, weapons etc. before I spend any more souls

Yeah the Dark Souls has a really good wiki page. I've probably played more Dark Souls this generation than anything else. Its just a game you can approach in so many different ways, its a closed world with a 'sandbox' style of combat that requires you to recognize patterns, are you playing on the PS3? Because we could try and get into each others game on either platform.

leveling your weapon should be a priority. decide if you want to go with a strength or dexterity type weapon, level up the stats you need to meet the requirements for the weapon you want, then upgrade the weapon. take it to +5 and then decide which upgrade path you eventually want to go from there. don't worry, you can always downgrade and switch weapon paths if you want.

Samyy

Yeah the Dark Souls has a really good wiki page. I've probably played more Dark Souls this generation than anything else. Its just a game you can approach in so many different ways, its a closed world with a 'sandbox' style of combat that requires you to recognize patterns, are you playing on the PS3? Because we could try and get into each others game on either platform.

Yea my PSN: Samayy
Will probably be available sometime tomorrow but Friday is best for me

Man just running around the world is pretty great, also a little scary because im never sure if im going the right way and run into some tough monster I wasn't expecting. Also it looks pretty damn great, need that next-gen Dark Souls asap!

TUSR

Banned
Yea my PSN: Samayy
Will probably be available sometime tomorrow but Friday is best for me

Man just running around the world is pretty great, also a little scary because im never sure if im going the right way and run into some tough monster I wasn't expecting. Also it looks pretty damn great, need that next-gen Dark Souls asap!

Im moving Friday, so it might have to be next week haha.

Im pretty sure I added you a few days ago, my PSN is Sixtygig

Samyy

Im moving Friday, so it might have to be next week haha.

Im pretty sure I added you a few days ago, my PSN is Sixtygig

Oh kk, I'll double check and make sure I have you and aww okay, next week it is.
Hopefully by then I'll have a better grasp on the game. Just reading wikis for a lot of these RPGs is slightly overwhelming at first

Weapons as soon as you get the smith. Though make sure you have the requirements for the weapon you want. Though make sure you have a type of weapon you want to target, Do you want the faster weapons like rapiers katanas etc? Go dex. If you want hammers and axes and huge swords, go strength

Heretic

Heretic, I appreciate your perspective on these things, however prejudiced! But can you please stop acting like Microsoft had to do ANYTHING to win you over. Even when shit was at its most dire and you hadn't yet worked out how to shine the turd, you were still saying that you were on board! But now you're talking like an objective consumer in need of "selling points"!

And anyone who thinks the games would have been cheaper needs to get their head checked. Steam prices? Come on.

You're absolutely right. They had me at Halo! (SEE WHAT I DID THERE)

I was still looking forward to all the shit they now took away.

Samyy

Weapons as soon as you get the smith. Though make sure you have the requirements for the weapon you want. Though make sure you have a type of weapon you want to target, Do you want the faster weapons like rapiers katanas etc? Go dex. If you want hammers and axes and huge swords, go strength

Well so far I prefer having a shield and then waiting for the right time to whack em quickly and a couple of times and then go back to dodging or blocking so I guess katanas and rapiers? Shit I put too many points into strength :|

TUSR

Banned

Just kill the black knight in the Undead Burg and get the BKH and call it a game.

Well so far I prefer having a shield and then waiting for the right time to whack em quickly and a couple of times and then go back to dodging or blocking so I guess katanas and rapiers? Shit I put too many points into strength :|

How much strength? There is the middle ground of sowrds.

Socreges

Banned
You're absolutely right. They had me at Halo! (SEE WHAT I DID THERE)

I was still looking forward to all the shit they now took away.
We should protest. Microsoft has already demonstrated that they listen to their customers. So all we need to do is make some giant signs saying "WE WANT DRM" or "OFFLINE PLAY IS FOR THIRD WORLD TRASH" and go picket their offices in Washington! Who's with us?!!

Heretic

We should protest. Microsoft has already demonstrated that they listen to their customers. So all we need to do is make some giant signs saying "WE WANT DRM" or "OFFLINE PLAY IS FOR THIRD WORLD TRASH" and go picket their offices in Washington! Who's with us?!!

TO ARMS, MY BRETHREN!

Socreges

Banned
So my 360 is dead. RROD. This was my 2nd one. Was supposed to be one of the non-defective ones (Phoenix model or something), but I guess they just meant it would last five years instead of two.

What are my options? Does Microsoft repair them? Will Heretic ship me one of his?

Acid08

Banned
So my 360 is dead. RROD. This was my 2nd one. Was supposed to be one of the non-defective ones (Phoenix model or something), but I guess they just meant it would last five years instead of two.

What are my options? Does Microsoft repair them?
The warranty is three years I believe but sounds like you're out of that.

I'm sure they'd be happy to repair it for you for a nominal fee! Or complain and try to get it done for free. Are you a Gold member?

Heretic

What are my options? Does Microsoft repair them? Will Heretic ship me one of his?
Sorry, dude. Traded in my extra 360 and put the cash towards the XOne. I got $200 in credit :D

Socreges

Banned
The warranty is three years I believe but sounds like you're out of that.

I'm sure they'd be happy to repair it for you for a nominal fee! Or complain and try to get it done for free. Are you a Gold member?
Yeah. Might ask Gaming side what the best route is in terms of trying to get the best response (ie, refurbished for free). But things are a bit testy over there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah. Might ask Gaming side what the best route is in terms of trying to get the best response (ie, refurbished for free). But things are a bit testy over there.
You'll be virtually tar and feathered for even hinting at the possibility of playing a current gen console based next November.

TUSR

Banned

you would probably get banned for trolling or something and your thread would get locked

Acid08

Banned
How long have you been a Gold member? If they want to charge you you could pull the "I've been a loyal Gold member for x years how could you do this to meeeeeeeeeeee" thing and maybe get it done for free.

I still wish the Avs would draft Seth Jones. Also, might buy the bone in a couple years now that I can use gamefly to get it's games. Still buying the cheaper PS4 first for sure.

I still want Jones as well, hope it's just a smoke screen to try to get Florida to trade something so they can get MacKinnon and we can happily take Jones. We have enough centers and we wouldn't get much for Stastny in a trade defense wise, O'reilly can't be traded and I don't even want to explore the option of trading Duchene, so we would still have a problem on defense.

Socreges

Banned
you would probably get banned for trolling or something and your thread would get locked
Nah, they'll just direct me to the RROD thread, assuming one exists. Then my thread will be locked.

How long have you been a Gold member? If they want to charge you you could pull the "I've been a loyal Gold member for x years how could you do this to meeeeeeeeeeee" thing and maybe get it done for free.
Long enough.

Samyy

If you've been a gold member for long enough i think they would fix it for a nominal fee, at least a lot less then buying a new console.

Top Bottom