• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Var

Getting this thread back on topic, here's all the NHL jerseys I've had people request so far in Animal Crossing.

jb0HTHF3PwJbvK.JPG

jdDW7XbGy97z6.JPG

jv0T4xWYgc5aY.JPG

jbz7pru0pHKwbT.JPG

jbkTRkT5Eh1vwl.JPG

jgL0FXDSgTIMN.JPG

I still have a Pens one I need to make for someone.

Marvie showed me up with his fancy Flyers jersey! Makes mine look like shersy. :-(

Wow, if that pastebin post on the family sharing is true, well I take back what I said, a neat feature but pretty dang pathetic in terms of "sharing" and being "revolutionary".

Heretic

Wow, if that pastebin post on the family sharing is true, well I take back what I said, a neat feature but pretty dang pathetic in terms of "sharing" and being "revolutionary".
Looks like we'll never know. The other pastebin talked about steam like sales too and even THAT would have been better than family sharing.

Razorskin

----- ------

It was a foolish dream to think Microsoft wasn't going to put more restrictions on it, to have such a stern DRM policy then just let any 10 people share games without restriction.

Heretic

It was a foolish dream to think Microsoft wasn't going to put more restrictions on it, to have such a stern DRM policy then just let any 10 people share games without restriction.

We all knew there were restrictions. The idea was that you (owner) and only 1 other person out of 10 were going to be able to play your shared games at any given time. So at max, two people would be accessing your shared library. You and someone else. Again, we never knew the full details but that was the biggest restriction that we did know about.

Razorskin

----- ------
We all knew there were restrictions. The idea was that you (owner) and only 1 other person out of 10 were going to be able to play your shared games at any given time. So at max, two people would be accessing your shared library. You and someone else. Again, we never knew the full details but that was the biggest restriction that we did know about.

The problem is that people had envisioned it solely with the little information we had about it. So people were excited by a concept that never really existed to share full games between family or others.

Samyy

The problem is that people had envisioned it solely with the little information we had about it. So people were excited by a concept that never really existed to share full games between family or others.

Exactly, its stupid to get pissed off at the "internet" at large for stealing away a feature you knew barely anything about. If it was as amazing as the tried to spin they would have drummed it up as the second coming.

Cboat also mentioned that they were trying to think up of a loan/share/rental plan that would never come to fruition and that could have been this as well. Ignore the previous, he just mentioned rental system

Wait.... what were the restrictions... the family thing seemed like the only good thing in the plan. Was it gonna be only one person could be playing at any given time?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait.... what were the restrictions... the family thing seemed like the only good thing in the plan. Was it gonna be only one person could be playing at any given time?

One person playing at a time was what had been talked about from what I remember reading. They never really detailed it out too clearly exactly how it was going to work, and there was a lot of conflicting information out there.

Heretic

This is all we had to go on:
news.xbox.com said:
Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
People wanted more details on this.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks resign Torres: 3yrs, 2m per

Not sure about the term although the price is definitely good. Like I said on the podcast though, he's a potential liability out there. Oh well.

Socreges

Banned
Fucking FRUIT PARTY at Kave's village. And you guys STILL don't understand the appeal of this game?!

Sounds about right.

Effect is a verb too, it just doesn't mean what he think it does. Similarly, affect is also a noun.
Smiley, the ESL immigrant, correcting Alucard, the smug ESL teacher.

Socreges

Banned
To be fair, you didn't either until you made a thread about it.
I didn't make that thread because I didn't understand the appeal. I made that thread because I wanted a fuller discussion about it and to see what responses people came up with. This is what I said in the OP:

Socreges said:
I think it's a lot like games like Skyrim where you're encouraged to collect 'loot' and there's something addicting and insatiable about that. I feel like these games are designed to appeal to some of our base instincts and 'pleasure centers', in that we're programmed to feel a sense of reward when we collect or discover something.
RagnarokX articulated this point much better than I did.

I understand the appeal. And I still feel it's a somewhat hollow experience in the end. But I dove in anyway, knowing that I'd succumb and enjoy it all the same.

I didn't make that thread because I didn't understand the appeal. I made that thread because I wanted a fuller discussion about it and to see what responses people came up with. This is what I said in the OP:

RagnarokX articulated this point much better than I did.

I understand the appeal. And I still feel it's a somewhat hollow experience in the end. But I dove in anyway, knowing that I'd succumb and enjoy it all the same.

Yeah, but Skyrim has combat and a storyline... I agree with what you're getting at here (as an aside google "pigeons, cocaine, and reinforcement" to get the psych perspective on that /psychmajor) but the issue I see with Animal Crossing, from what I've seen, is that the collecting is ALL there is. There doesn't seem to be the immersive elements from a game like Skyrim.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, but Skyrim has combat and a storyline... I agree with what you're getting at here (as an aside google "pigeons, cocaine, and reinforcement" to get the psych perspective on that /psychmajor) but the issue I see with Animal Crossing, from what I've seen, is that the collecting is ALL there is. There doesn't seem to be the immersive elements from a game like Skyrim.
Not exactly true. The social interactions are the times when I actually feel like I'm having a valuable experience and not just filling my dopamine reserves (as I walk around collecting fruit off the trees). There is something kinda cool and unique about how online players interact in the AC universe. Like, me creating a poo shirt for Marvie as a thank you (for the Canucks jersey), that I then put on display in Acid's village instead, with an NPC then taking that poo shirt and wearing it around and discussing it with Acid (which I didn't expect).

Acid08

Banned
Not exactly true. The social interactions are the times when I actually feel like I'm having a valuable experience and not just filling my dopamine reserves (as I walk around collecting fruit off the trees). There is something kinda cool and unique about how online players interact in the AC universe. Like, me creating a poo shirt for Marvie as a thank you (for the Canucks jersey), that I then put on display in Acid's village instead, with an NPC then taking that poo shirt and wearing it around and discussing it with Acid (which I didn't expect).
He's still wearing that fucking shirt :lol

Marvie_3

Banned

This actually sums up the greatness of this game rather well. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Thanks. I'll take a Blackhawks one if you can't though. Looks awesome.

I got the Rangers one made. Doesn't look great but it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would either.

Got bored and made a Sabres jersey as well. I'm going to end up making one for every team at this rate. :lol

I got the Rangers one made. Doesn't look great but it doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it would either.

Got bored and made a Sabres jersey as well. I'm going to end up making one for every team at this rate. :lol

Awesome dude, thanks.

Now back to paying off that jerk off Tom Nook

Top Bottom