• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

tumblr_mn9shpGStD1ss8kbro1_400.jpg

:(

Socreges

Banned
Why dont you just wait and call customer service? They are probably better equipped to help you with your problem
Oh I will. But a word to the wise. Never call customer service until you've gathered as much information as possible. They're not trained to give you what you want. They're trained to do the absolute minimal amount required to keep you satisfied.

You're one of us now?

You're one of us now?

I've had it since it came out. I usually don't play online til I pay off all my shit and make sure there are no hacks. I remember the first time I went online with the DS, someone dropped a bunch of houses in front of my town gate and a car in front of the entrance to my house. Had to start over.

These are the clear, consistent answers that I was expecting from a forum that discusses games all day.

You've been on fire lately.

I don't want to encourage whatever down mood you're in that's juicing up your sarcaswit (my new word for 'sarcastic wit' which is usually an oxymoron), but keep it up.

So after the first $100 in price drops happen I may consider an XBone at some point. The only exclusive they have so far that I must play is Titanfall though, and that's not a real exclusive anyway.

Socreges

Banned
You've been on fire lately.

I don't want to encourage whatever down mood you're in that's juicing up your sarcaswit (my new word for 'sarcastic wit' which is usually an oxymoron), but keep it up.
Was referring to the responses in this thread.

No down mood. This is just how I am on GAF. I don't have the gentle affability of a Red_Man or, say, a wsoxfan1214.

So after the first $100 in price drops happen I may consider an XBone at some point. The only exclusive they have so far that I must play is Titanfall though, and that's not a real exclusive anyway.

Quantum Break!!!!!

Also, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I give you your future home of the new Detroit Red Wings Arena!!!!!

-ecda6e22ade237da.JPG

Alucard

Banned
The more quotes I read about this Letang situation, the more I'm resigning myself to the fact that he won't be a Penguin next season. From Shero yesterday:

"Having met with Kris last week, I know his feelings about trying to stay in Pittsburgh, but we all know it's a business," said Shero. "Having said that, I just want to try to get a deal that works for us and for him."

Simply stated, I'm sure Letang has said that he wants to stay in Pittsburgh, but as Shero points out, "it's a business." The writing seems to be on the wall.

Habs fans, who's your best dman not named PK Subban? Letang has always wanted to play in Montreal.

Solo

He'll be on the blueline WITH Subban next year, Alu. You'll take Yannick Weber, Tomas Kaberle and a 5th, and you'll like it.

Alucard

Banned
He'll be on the blueline WITH Subban next year, Alu. You'll take Yannick Weber, Tomas Kaberle and a 5th, and you'll like it.

Noooooo.

Letang and Subban on the same blueline would provide for some entertaining and hilarious-at-times hockey.

Solo

They could rack up tons of PP points together, that's for sure.

How often will both be caught pinching at the same time though? :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Animal Crossing

This weekend I'll probably open up my town for anyone who needs some fruit.

I've been growing and now have trees of: lemons, lychees, apples, oranges, durians, coconuts, pears, cherries, and peaches.

I think that's all my fruit.

I'm just waiting on the 3 Lychee trees I planted earlier this week to bloom.

Go nuts take what you want essentially.

Var

Animal Crossing

This weekend I'll probably open up my town for anyone who needs some fruit.

I've been growing and now have trees of: lemons, lychees, apples, oranges, durians, coconuts, pears, cherries, and peaches.

I think that's all my fruit.

I'm just waiting on the 3 Lychee trees I planted earlier this week to bloom.

Go nuts take what you want essentially.

I am coming for your peaches! You need some bananas?I can bring some.

Samyy

This demo mode in most cases would be the full game with a 15-45 minute timer and in some cases an hour. This allowed the person to play the game, get familiar with it then make a purchase if they wanted to. When the time limit was up they would automatically be prompted to the Marketplace so that they may order it if liked the game.

http://pastebin.com/TE1MWES2

There, some of you were quick take hold of the last pastebin posted by some dude so heres another one detailing your precious family sharing program.

There is no way to tell if this is an actual MS employee so grain of salt but this sounds way more likely then a free sharing of a bunch of games with 10 people.

Edit: Reading it again it seems like you can wait, im assuming 24 hours, and play the game again for the allotted time

Guys, I'm gonna say something, and I'm doing it here because I'm in the bubble.

If I had Google Fiber I'd have been cool with the XBone restrictions.... My only problem was I didn't trust my shitty internet connection to be fast enough at 7pm when everyone in my building is watching netflix. And downloading games takes too long.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

If I had Google Fiber I'd have been cool with the XBone restrictions.... My only problem was I didn't trust my shitty internet connection to be fast enough at 7pm when everyone in my building is watching netflix. And downloading games takes too long.

That would have effected... Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

ShaneB

Samyy, your posts are exactly what I hated about Dark Souls. I loved the gameplay and put a bunch of hours into it, but I just got tired of how obtuse it all was. Having no idea what anything did, feeling like I had to spend as much time online asking about things instead of just playing the game annoyed the crap out of me. I don't want someone holding my hand, or make Dark Souls 2 any easier, etc, but just make it less obtuse, explain what basic gameplay functions actually do! Sigh, ah well.

On the topic of Hockey, I actually like the new Visor rules as it relates to fighting, if it ends up causing less fighting, that's a good thing. The Hybrid icing I'd rather just be no touch icing, but hopefully it goes through as it's a step in the right direction.

That would have effected... Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

You're gonna tell me cloud processing wouldn't be effected by a connection that regularly pops in and out? Playing online is already a fucking mess for me at times. And downloading large retail games would have SUCKED.

The checking in piece probably would have been fine... but to be honest I was probably just gonna let my closest friends get in on my family network so we all wouldn't have to buy the same games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the Rangers really need to get better about handling injuries. Nash was concussed by Milan Lucic in a game back in February and not only did he keep playing but he scored a sick goal against Rask in the shootout, and then he went on to play 20 minutes a pop in the next two games before finally sitting out 4 games with an "undisclosed injury."

Meanwhile Callahan and Hagelin apparently both separated their shoulders multiple times during the season, hence why they both needed the same surgery a few weeks back. I don't even think Hagelin missed a single game due to injury, pretty sure he played all 48 in the regular season and all 12 in the playoffs. This goes right along with Clowe getting concussed, coming back, and immediately getting concussed again, probably because he came back too early.

You would think this organization in particular would have learned its lesson after Boogaard and Sauer and Staal.

Both XB1 and PS4 will let you plays games while they download in the background. It takes about a minute to download enough of the game for you to play it.

Heretic

You're gonna tell me cloud processing wouldn't be effected by a connection that regularly pops in and out? Playing online is already a fucking mess for me at times. And downloading large retail games would have SUCKED.

The checking in piece probably would have been fine... but to be honest I was probably just gonna let my closest friends get in on my family network so we all wouldn't have to buy the same games.
Don't play online games at all if you have shitty internet lol. It didn't matter what console you were playing.

And as far as downloading games, you could have bought the retail copies instead of downloading them.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Eh the cringeworthy "Power of the Cloud" is just marketing speak. It is the same as dedicated servers on any MMO or online service or game. You likely would not benefit from it if you were not playing online.

It's not marketing speak, FYI.

And it's not like dedicated servers you are thinking of.

I agree but shitty internet is shitty internet. MS can't fix that.

Also, Dubbed, the cloud is not marketing speak...

O, agreed, but here's the problem: I live in a major city. Before we get MS's vision of a perpetually connected media hub I want better infrastructure. I don't get "shitty" internet per se, but I do live in a big apartment building and my router is just "ok" (somehow closing my door to my room in my apartment DRASTICALLY slows down my connection, which is annoying). Shit like that needs to get fixed before I'll buy something like what Xbone was designed to be.

O, agreed, but here's the problem: I live in a major city. Before we get MS's vision of a perpetually connected media hub I want better infrastructure. I don't get "shitty" internet per se, but I do live in a big apartment building and my router is just "ok" (somehow closing my door to my room in my apartment DRASTICALLY slows down my connection, which is annoying). Shit like that needs to get fixed before I'll buy something like what Xbone was designed to be.

How would it have been any different for you then the 360? You could still buy games on disks and then install the game from the disk, the online check was just a few kbs and your internet does work at some point during the day. The only difference is you still would have had the benefit of never having to swap a disk, but outside of that I am not sure how it would have changed for you.

Heretic

Wireless?

The system was designed to ping the MS servers once every 24 hours. It didn't require a constant connection so for single player games, you would have been fine. Multiplayer would have been an issue though if your dropping constantly or just have slow speeds. But like yankeehater said, dedis would have helped somewhat.

Marvie_3

Banned
Why dont you just wait and call customer service? They are probably better equipped to help you with your problem
Not really. There's at least 5 MS employees in this thread.

I've had it since it came out. I usually don't play online til I pay off all my shit and make sure there are no hacks. I remember the first time I went online with the DS, someone dropped a bunch of houses in front of my town gate and a car in front of the entrance to my house. Had to start over.

Karma.

Curufinwe

Not really. There's at least 5 MS employees in this thread.

Lol.

It's not marketing speak, FYI.

They way they are using it to imply it makes the Xbox One more powerful in terms of real time processing is totally marketing speak.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/05...-powerful-with-the-cloud-claims-spokesperson/

“It’s also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we’re effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud].”

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
guise, pls. The cloud is going to make Kinect Adventures 3 and Just Dance 2014 powerful, genre defining system sellers that will make you forget about your PS4. NO ONE DENIES THIS.

Marvie_3

Banned
Getting this thread back on topic, here's all the NHL jerseys I've had people request so far in Animal Crossing.

jb0HTHF3PwJbvK.JPG

jdDW7XbGy97z6.JPG

jv0T4xWYgc5aY.JPG

jbz7pru0pHKwbT.JPG

jbkTRkT5Eh1vwl.JPG

jgL0FXDSgTIMN.JPG

I still have a Pens one I need to make for someone.

Top Bottom