• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When I saw the Halo 5 trailer, I honestly thought right up until the end that it was a Prince of Persia revival, and I know I'm not alone.

As for the "demos being behind a paywall," read the statements from execs at E3 about taking a game to a friend's house, logging in, downloading the game, and then the friend being able to buy the game after an hour. If they were on the family plan list, what would the point of this be if they had unlimited access? It was right in front of us the entire time. They were being deliberately misleading with their statements.

That was entirely in regards to the system being offline for an hour outside of your main console and had nothing to do with the sharing plan (which to add: as described to me it was actual complete game sharing and not limited like cboat is suggesting)

Just caught up on that thread. My sweet tasty Jesus. Their policies were definetly not ready to released to consumers. Every single damn thing is so complicated and convoluted that it would never work. Can you imagine "casual" buyers getting home and finding out all the stipulations on their own. Jesus. What a disaster.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well it's almost time gentlemen, the greatest single event in all of sports: Game 7 of the NBA Finals! It's SO great that it's been 35 years since the last time a road team won a Finals Game 7, AND there've been only nine different champions since 1980! Wow!

Whatever happened to being a VIDEO GAME fan? I came to this forum to get away from that xbot lamestation gamespot bullshit, and now this launch cycle is proving half the GAF community to be a bunch of juvenile twats.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And it's hard to take you seriously with your borderline retarded corporate whoring on here.

Whatever happened to being a VIDEO GAME fan? I came to this forum to get away from that xbot lamestation gamespot bullshit, and now this launch cycle is proving half the GAF community to be a bunch of juvenile twats.

Say what now?

EDIT: Heretic had the same thought :lol

Socreges

Banned
When were the majority of gamers ever NOT divided by company lines? Pre-Nintendo/Sega, I guess? Are those the days you long for?

And yeah, speaking of juvenile twats...

lol! Should I quote your previous comments???

Heretic, if it isn't obvious to that I have been vehemently arguing against Microsoft's DRM strategy and not the console itself, and even more so if you cannot differentiate between the two, I really don't know what to tell you. I've used my 360 20x more this gen over my PS3? I prefer the Xbox controller to the dualshock? I shouldn't have to "prove" some bullshit standing on here like everyone else is so quick to do. I play games, I like them. I also respect my rights as a consumer and refused to accept Microsoft's approach to a digital future as fair. THAT is what draws my ire, not which bloody corporate masters teat I suckle.

Samyy

Im officially on team #3DS
That being said are the Zelda games on the eShop good? Never really got into Zelda but there so cheap I might just give them a chance.

Im only getting a PS4 at launch because my younger brother is nagging me about next-gen and his friends seem to be getting the new consoles so he offered to go in with me 50/50. I tried telling him that there would be better bundles next year but meh hes paying for the games so I can't complain.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I was getting the One before and after all this DRM nonsense, because I like the games regardless of the policy. I also own a PS3, but I prefer Xbox. That shouldn't make me a schill, anti consumer, xbot,or whatever names you want to throw out. I don't begrudge anyone over there buying choices. You have had some of the most Gamefaq posts in this thread.

Marvie_3

Banned

iblJXpHoWLgXzo.gif

Now that I have a 3DS that I don't hate playing things on (fuck you OG 3DS), I need to go back and catch up on a bunch of 3DS games.

That being said are the Zelda games on the eShop good? Never really got into Zelda but there so cheap I might just give them a chance.
Go buy them right now.

I was getting the One before and after all this DRM nonsense, because I like the games regardless of the policy. I also own a PS3, but I prefer Xbox. That shouldn't make me a schill, anti consumer, xbot,or whatever names you want to throw out. I don't begrudge anyone over there buying choices. You have had some of the most Gamefaq posts in this thread.

Aside from rudely responding to Heretic the other day, for which I apologize, I would strongly disagree with that.

Heretic

Heretic, if it isn't obvious to that I have been vehemently arguing against Microsoft's DRM strategy and not the console itself, and even more so if you cannot differentiate between the two, I really don't know what to tell you. I've used my 360 20x more this gen over my PS3? I prefer the Xbox controller to the dualshock? I shouldn't have to "prove" some bullshit standing on here like everyone else is so quick to do. I play games, I like them. I also respect my rights as a consumer and refused to accept Microsoft's approach to a digital future as fair. THAT is what draws my ire, not which bloody corporate masters teat I suckle.

I absolutely agree. In the end, it's all about games. I don't think any of us are defending MS. We're defending the reason behind our purchase. All of the NHL-Gaffers in here that are Xbox Day One'ers have been nothing but understanding and respectful for the most part. Yeah, I'm kissing our own ass because if you look at the tone from each side of the conversation you'll notice a huge difference. When anyone brings up anything negative, we reply without any animosity and show our side of the same coin. There's so much hate behind this console (understandably so). The difference is we see both sides of the story. Everyone else just focuses on the negatives and that's fine. But the replies we get fall right in line with what you wanted to escape. You yourself fall victim to it.

Razorskin

----- ------

Im only getting a PS4 at launch because my younger brother is nagging me about next-gen and his friends seem to be getting the new consoles so he offered to go in with me 50/50. I tried telling him that there would be better bundles next year but meh hes paying for the games so I can't complain.

Get them, never played them on 3DS (yet) but they were great when I first played them.

Get Pushmo and Crashmo too.

Heretic

I miss the Animal Crossing posts. Much better than this shitty conversation that's changing NHL-GAF into gaming side bullshit.

Despite the posts in here, I would much rather discuss this with you guys than the randoms in gaming side. Here we have a common ground in which we can fall back on.

I absolutely agree. In the end, it's all about games. I don't think any of us are defending MS. We're defending the reason behind our purchase. All of the NHL-Gaffers in here that are Xbox Day One'ers have been nothing but understanding and respectful for the most part. Yeah, I'm kissing our own ass because if you look at the tone from each side of the conversation you'll notice a huge difference. When anyone brings up anything negative, we reply without any animosity and show our side of the same coin. There's so much hate behind this console (understandably so). The difference is we see both sides of the story. Everyone else just focuses on the negatives and that's fine. But the replies we get fall right in line with what you wanted to escape. You yourself fall victim to it.

It was not my intention to convey internet anger towards you and I do recognize that some of my posts tread the line, and certainly crossed it, when it comes to "console neutrality", I should probably stop posting drunk. I am sorry.

Heretic

It was not my intention to convey internet anger towards you and I do recognize that some of my posts tread the line, and certainly crossed it, when it comes to "console neutrality", I should probably stop posting drunk. I am sorry.

It's cool, dude. Like I said, we all share common ground here. In here, we're all hockey fans that have different interests. We all know you're posting style. Apology accepted and no hard feelings. Your team still fucking sucks donkey dick.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I miss the Animal Crossing posts. Much better than this shitty conversation that's changing NHL-GAF into gaming side bullshit.
Go check out the OT, then promptly exit because it's so cringe-worthy.

It's cool, dude. Like I said, we all share common ground here. In here, we're all hockey fans that have different interests. We all know you're posting style. Apology accepted and no hard feelings. Your team still fucking sucks donkey dick.

Great. Now you've summoned him.

Sakic reaffirmed that they are taking a forward at the draft, he said he did this to let the fans know, as we all expected Jones to be called #1 guess they're trying to let us down easy. I really wanted Jones though. :(

We have enough center depth as it is and a huge hole on defense, this just doesn't make sense. link

Socreges

Banned
Microsoft wants me to pay $100 to fix my 2nd broken 360. Mother fuckers. I'll probably wait until the end of the summer.

Definitely not getting an XBone now, though. Final straw, I guess.

MacAttack

Microsoft wants me to pay $100 to fix my 2nd broken 360. Mother fuckers. I'll probably wait until the end of the summer.

Definitely not getting an XBone now, though. Final straw, I guess.

My second 360 is having issues with the tray opening. It opens less than 50% of the time I try to open the tray. Not sure if I want to buy a third, so I hope this one holds up until I go with a next gen console.

No problems to report on the gaming PC I built two years ago.

Top Bottom