• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would put him on ignore, but Marvie quotes him so much to tell him how little he knows about hockey that it would be pointless.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every post you make just reaffirms Marive and Socrege's characterization of you:

Marvie and I actually talked about this and decided that wsoxfan is Fredo Corleone.

You're not old enough to get it, but maybe when you take film class next year you'll understand.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Moving day tomorrow, off to Vancouver Island to finish school.

Leaving my home town feels weird.

It sure is. At least you're not moving too far, to a not too much bigger city.

No one likes the idea of you two fucking, but the constant flirting is irritating so just get it over with.

This post is great.

Such a love hate community that now embraces furries

If by "love" you mean "hate even more", then yes.

Every post you make just reaffirms Marive and Socrege's characterization of you:

You're not old enough to get it, but maybe when you take film class next year you'll understand.

Yeah, that 2-3 year gap between you and I certainly means I haven't seen the Godfather. I got it the first time, no worries.

Socreges

Banned
We also agreed that Red_Man would be Mary Corleone.

I wish I'd see more of you in the "now reading" threads :p
Blood Meridian. Really hard to book to get through. Even despite his brilliant prise, there are long periods where I'm not necessarily enjoying it. Hoping to finish it soon. I read both The Road and No Country in days so I wasn't expecting this.

Blood Meridian. Really hard to book to get through. Even despite his brilliant prise, there are long periods where I'm not necessarily enjoying it. Hoping to finish it soon. I read both The Road and No Country in days so I wasn't expecting this.

:lol

And that was a great book. Reminded me a bit of Hemingway in a weird sort of way though. Like you said, there are periods of just... Not necessarily filler, but you find yourself almost falling asleep.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
NHL off season thread of what do we do with all this salt and bitterness

So if the Avs do pick a forward, who would it be? Only reason I see them doing it is because they may trade RoR next season. Unless Sakic is playing games with people.

I had a hard time making it through Blood Meridian because it felt like there wasn't much of anything giving people purpose. I always knew what The Man's purpose was, and I knew everyone's purpose in No Country. Blood Meridian was just a relentless march of bad shit happening. Got real draining toward the middle. Beautifully written though.

GREAT book. fucked up but amazing. McCarthy = Literary god

Rumblings going on that Lapierre might follow AV to New York.

Hmmmm. Not sure how feel. Where are you hearing this?

Meow meow meow meow.

Always a pleasure, boss.

Var

I had a hard time making it through Blood Meridian because it felt like there wasn't much of anything giving people purpose. I always knew what The Man's purpose was, and I knew everyone's purpose in No Country. Blood Meridian was just a relentless march of bad shit happening. Got real draining toward the middle. Beautifully written though.

Yeah, I have actually never finished it. I have quit halfway through twice now.

ShaneB

I didn't wanna leave you ignored so I'll show you what the most recent thing I've read is (yesterday, for work):

Nek2 localises to the distal portion of the mother centriole/basal body and is required for timely cilium disassembly at the G2/M transition. Spalluto et al.

Happier now? :D

That's uh... fascinating. But yes, thank you for replying :p

Yeah, have seen multiple mentions of Blood Meridian in the reading threads. Maybe I'll check it out one day.

This is what I've read so far this year, Goodreads 30 book challenge so far , which looks like I'll no doubt have to change to maybe 40 books.

ZeroGravity

Here you go:

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Hearing Glendale council will not approve 15M cash demand by RSE group 2 manage #Coyotes arena. RSE asked for 15M to help secure #125M loan.

Council believes debt created by team is so gr8 that team is all but guaranteed to fail + move shortly because of loses created by no equity

#NHL experiencing issues caused by debt loads on some clubs like #Devils. Seattle appears not to b option as rink won't be ready til 2014-15

Sorry folks, sounds like another yr of #NHL owned #Coyotes unless Bettman finds buyer willing to take less than 15M guaranteed from Glendale
Sounds promising.

Merguson

Banned
So Tim Panaccio, Flyers beat writer, is saying the Leafs have made a significant offer to the Kings for Bernier. More than others are willing to pay.

I don't know what to think of this. I know the Leafs and Kings talked about Bernier before.. Frattin was in the conversation including a high pick.

So Tim Panaccio, Flyers beat writer, is saying the Leafs have made a significant offer to the Kings for Bernier. More than others are willing to pay.

I don't know what to think of this. I know the Leafs and Kings talked about Bernier before.. Frattin was in the conversation including a high pick.

Yeah I heard him say the other day that the Leafs were the favorite to get him. I only wanted him so they could cut Bryz, I really want Mason to get the shot this year.

Fly Guys, is Pannacchio legit? I see a lot of grumbling about him. Just wondering.

I only pay attention to his Flyers news, he definitely has sources with the team but I have no idea how legit his info about other teams is. He did say he had multiple sources telling him about the Leafs being the favorite so I would think that is legit. I gotta say I am really surprised the Leafs are going so hard for a goalie. They should have made the ECF this year, not sure why they are going to trade away a bunch of pieces for what might not even be an upgrade.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Why? WHY???

Cactus

Banned
Why? WHY???
Makes no sense. If Nonis gives up significant assets...wow. He's not off to a great start as GM, IMO. McLaren waiver claim, Orr extension, ROB trade, Kipprusoff debacle, possible Bernier trade...What's next? 5x5 for Bozak?
fuck

Curufinwe

Fly Guys, is Pannacchio legit? I see a lot of grumbling about him. Just wondering.

I'm stealing this from HFBoards.

Here are some more things which are just as reliable as Timmy for hockey coverage:

Rocks
Sloths
Most dead birds
The dude working the register at Dunkin Donuts in 30th St Station
The chocolate frosted donuts at that Dunkin Donuts
Parking meters
Gumby

Why? WHY???

1ECTnsz.jpg

Maybe that's why ??

Dave Tippett signed a five-year extension with the Coyotes.

He would only do that if the ownership of the team was settled.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Man, areas of Calgary are fucked at the moment. If you guys have ever been to stampede it is under water. Luckily I'm not actually in Calgary. Hope zedge is ok.

Samyy

Luongo/Toronto rumours have been dead ever since Reimer's strong play in April and May.

The saga remains. It just no longer has the Toronto media giving it that extra dose of retard.

Any story involving the Toronto Media automatically gets a extra large serving of retard
Everyone is terrible

Top Bottom