• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Wow

Saddledome dressing rooms are flooded, control room is destroyed, jumbotron is destoyed, lots of memorabilia destroyed

93ZFTpu.jpg

bJ2Istq.jpg

imBask

Banned
I hate the buyout stuff going on with Brière, Bryz and people talking about Lecavalier too

you signed or traded for a shitty contract? deal with it

and i'm saying that as a Habs fan who was stuck with Gomez last year

ZeroGravity

I hate the buyout stuff going on with Brière, Bryz and people talking about Lecavalier too

Well, it's not always so simple. None of the current Lightning ownership or management was around when the Lecavalier contract was signed, for example. Hard to really blame any of them for that.

I don't really mind it since you're only allowed two buy-outs, and they had to allow some flexibility when they brought the cap down.

Socreges

Banned
Dredger said 15+ teams are interested in Briere.

Kypreos has been pretty good over the last year or so.
What does that even mean, though? He's still wrong more often than he's right. But the times that he (or someone like him) DOES actually forecast something we're so impressed that we forget all the times he was talking out of his ass.

Socreges

Banned
Lynch? We watched the pilot for Twin Peaks last night. That shit's weird. Awesome but weird.

Err, they signed or acquired those contracts under a completely different CBA. One of the requirements in ratifying the new CBA (which included these deep punishments for screwy yet previously legit contracts) was allowing for buyouts.

Quick

Banned

Sure, but the new CBA allows for those buyouts, and it benefits both sides.

Team sheds the money, player finds a new opportunity elsewhere.

Merguson

Banned
gary lawless @garylawless
NHL source tells me John Tortorella has been offered #Canucks job and two sides are close to a deal #nhl #canucks Torts will coach Canucks

Bob McKenzie retweeted that. Enjoy the Tortorella era!

Socreges

Banned
Holy shit.

Doesn't mean anything. A lot of arenas could be ready to host NHL games in the fall. Doesn't mean they're getting them.

Still smells like a way to put pressure on QC.
Point is that Kypreos said the rink wouldn't be ready until the 14/15 season - he was replying to that.

Bob McKenzie retweeted that. Enjoy the Tortorella era!
I've had several days to prepare for this. Ah well. At least he'll be entertaining. And maybe successful. For a while.

It does make sense in a way. Tortorella is known for being effective early and the Canucks' Cup window with the current core is closing. The players did look a little lazy in the last couple years under AV and a new fiery personality could inspire them again.

Word is that ownership pushed more for Tortorella than Gillis did. That doesn't bode well for Gillis's future.

ZeroGravity

If you're a team like Vancovuer and you're in a win-now mode, there really aren't any better options left out there than Tortorella.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
AV to Rangers, Torts to Nucks is setting up a perfect storm scenario.

See you in June for our little 20 year reunion series, Canucks-GAF.

Torts has a much better CV.

Yeah, and people said the same thing about Boudreau, but compare those two guys when one was in Philly and the other was in DC. Stevens used to coach circles around him.

I agree that Stevens had to go because he had gotten too close with the guys in the room, but he definitely had NHL level coaching ability.

Torts has proven himself to be a complete douchebag that thrives on the ability of his players then throws them under the bus when they don't carry his weight anymore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm not sure how the Canuck players will take to Torts after he drove Gaborik out of town, and almost did the same with Lunqvist.

RC

Banned
I fully support this recommendation. If the words "Target their engines!" mean something to you, you really should check it out.

Been playing it for two hours straight since I got it. During my last play through my entire ship was on fire when the oxygen system failed. Atleast I took out that pirate, before whatever was left of my crew suffocated to death.

Reading up more on the prospects available I hope Barkov is #2 on Tallon's list. Though if we could swap picks for Robak + pick 31, I'd do it. Gives the Avs 3 d-men Robak, Jones pick 31.

fallout

Been playing it for two hours straight since I got it. During my last play through my entire ship was on fire when the oxygen system failed. Atleast I took out that pirate, before whatever was left of my crew suffocated to death.
This feels necessary:

ylW2S.jpg

Socreges

Banned
Love the title change for this XBone thread

Can't believe so many people thought it was real. I guess it was the one saving grace that would have sorta rationalized continuing to side with Microsoft despite everything.

Also, Heretic, you called me a conspiracy theorist. In your world are the people who believe in the moon landing the ones who need to get their heads checked? :p

Top Bottom