• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Solo

I'm really interested to hear whats wrong with Pacioretty, he has been the same for a long time now.

Motherfucker drank his own kool-aid. I almost lost my shit when I saw the interview when he basically said he didn't need to crash the net anymore, that his game had evolved or some such shit.

Yeah Max, your game evolved alright.....from a hard-nosed power forward to a lazy perimeter player.

Dude needs a bounceback season next year or he'll be the next on my shit list.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Motherfucker drank his own kool-aid. I almost lost my shit when I saw the interview when he basically said he didn't need to crash the net anymore, that his game had evolved or some such shit.

Yeah Max, your game evolved alright.....from a hard-nosed power forward to a lazy perimeter player.

Dude needs a bounceback season next year or he'll be the next on my shit list.
He's been injured for a long time, it's not just his "evolved play", although to his credit he has become a better play maker and smarter player this season. It's just a shame he gave up his driving the net and sniping shots to get it. If he can package it all together, he will be incredible.

Great news from this series is Bourque looks great, the big, fast, hard hitting winger we need. If he can keep up that play into next season he's a great staple for the team.

Marvie_3

Banned
FllpHIc.jpg
Whats the context of this?

Solo

He's been injured for a long time, it's not just his "evolved play", although to his credit he has become a better play maker and smarter player this season. It's just a shame he gave up his driving the net and sniping shots to get it. If he can package it all together, he will be incredible.

Great news from this series is Bourque looks great, the big, fast, hard hitting winger we need. If he can keep up that play into next season he's a great staple for the team.

Bourque was one of our 5 best players all season/playoffs. HUGE turnaround given how terrible he was last season. The Cammy trade doesn't look bad now.

Red_Man

Whats the context of this?
One of Bergevin's practical jokes back when he was playing.

Bourque was one of our 5 best players all season/playoffs. HUGE turnaround given how terrible he was last season. The Cammy trade doesn't look bad now.
For sure, plus we have the pick and Holland is looking like a good depth player. Gauthier actually did something useful with that trade.

I have complete faith in Bergevin to make the changes needed to take this team to the next level.

Socreges

Banned
I'll respond to this later when I can give it a proper response.

Farhan Lalji said today on radio that Toronto offered Vancouver two 2nd round picks and Scrivens for Lu at the deadline for what it's worth.
My understanding is that it was Vancouver that asked for two 2nds and Scrivens, and were denied. I think Gillis went back with another offer and was still denied. That was an early rumour from Dreger, though.

Hear that Bruins faithful? No Boston players were hurt at all in the 2011 playoffs. Only Vancouver was playing wounded. That's why they lost.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/630925/Nathan_Horton.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]No need to exaggerate. I obviously wouldn't deny that Horton's absence played a big role, or even say that the accumulated injuries is "why they lost" (though it was undeniably a contributing factor). This is what I'm referring to, a fact that never really makes it's way into the narrative:

Kesler - groin/hip tear + shoulder (played - later had surgery)
Raymond - back (didn't play - later had surgery)
Edler - two broken fingers (played)
Bieksa - knee (played)
Ehrhoff - shoulder (played - later had surgery)
Hamhuis - torn groin (didn't play)
Higgins - broken foot (played - later had surgery)
Samuelsson - sports hernia (didn't play - later had surgery)
Salo - groin (played)
Malhotra - eye (played, kinda)
Alberts - failed abortion (played)

Henrik was also injured, but I can't remember what it was.

[spoiler]Torn labia! Now your joke is ruined.[/spoiler]

Red_Man

Eller out, Gionta torn bicep, and Pacioretty with a separated shoulder in a 50 shot loss in the first game. Series was over before it began.

I hate this feeling and this place.
As terrible as it is, it's still an improvement over last year. Hopefully Galchenyuk and Tinordi can add some weight in the off season.

Solo

AGally will probably be a good 25lbs heavier in his prime than he is now. I'd like to see him 10-15 lbs heavier next season if possible.

Red_Man

AGally will probably be a good 25lbs heavier in his prime than he is now. I'd like to see him 10-15 lbs heavier next season if possible.
They'd better have him at center next year, he needs to play there. Bergevin HAS to address the center situation in the off season, you can't have Eller, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Dumont and Desharnais all in your lineup.

Solo

They'd better have him at center next year, he needs to play there. Bergevin HAS to address the center situation in the off season, you can't have Eller, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Dumont and Desharnais all in your lineup.

I think you trade Pleky, move DD to wing.

1C: Eller
2C: AGally
3C: Dumont
4C: Halpern (love this guy, I'd sign him to another 1 year deal; he's old but a great roleplayer)

If no Halpern then maybe someone from Hamilton. Leblanc or Bournival or someone like that.

Red_Man

Habs will have the 26th pick unless one of CHI, ANA, or PITT loses in the second round =/

Feel good about the future. I like the lines you had listed Red.
It's going to depend a lot on who stands out in next season's training camp, team still needs to get better but I don't know how Bergevin will address that without paying through the nose.

I think you trade Pleky, move DD to wing.

1C: Eller
2C: AGally
3C: Dumont
4C: Halpern (love this guy, I'd sign him to another 1 year deal; he's old but a great roleplayer)

If no Halpern then maybe someone from Hamilton. Leblanc or Bournival or someone like that.
They could move DD to the wing, but I don't see them doing it if they haven't already. Dumont will be better as a 4th line C then a 3rd imo, and Bournival / Holland / Leblanc are all primed to be good 3 line Cs.

Solo

They could move DD to the wing, but I don't see them doing it if they haven't already. Dumont will be better as a 4th line C then a 3rd imo, and Bournival / Holland / Leblanc are all primed to be good 3 line Cs.

Any which way you shake it, I will rage if Eller isn't 1C and AGally isn't 2C next season. Eller takes on the Pleky role of being our 2 way shutdown center, AGally takes on the DD role of offensive starts.

Red_Man

Any which way you shake it, I will rage if Eller isn't 1C and AGally isn't 2C next season.
I fully expect Pleks to be #1 C, Eller #2 and Gally a #2 LW again next season :( Hope I'm wrong and Bergevin makes a move though.

Red_Man

Anaheim still needs a 2C. I'd love to see Bergevin try to do Pleky ++ for Ryan.
In a perfect world Bergevin would use Plek + pciks / prospects to get a top pick but it won't happen. A team like Chicago could really use him as well, but I put the chances of him moving around 20%, he's been one of the best and most loyal Habs in the last 10 years. He just disappears during the playoffs unfortunately.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Eller being lower than 2C would put me in a rage. Sad that we didn't get to really see him in the series. Also hope Emelin has a good recovery.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anaheim still needs a 2C. I'd love to see Bergevin try to do Pleky ++ for Ryan.
lolno

In a perfect world Bergevin would use Plek + pciks / prospects to get a top pick but it won't happen. A team like Chicago could really use him as well, but I put the chances of him moving around 20%, he's been one of the best and most loyal Habs in the last 10 years. He just disappears during the playoffs unfortunately.

lolno

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Players that are neutral but still good / could be traded : Gorges, Plekanec, Bourque

WRONG about Plekanec, he's is the best player in the team with Gallagher and PK. He scores a lot, he has many assists, he wins a lot of face offs, etc. He's really good. No way should we trade him, we couldn't find another player who would do what he does for the team. He should be captain.

Bourque is also good, he gets a lot of good chances, places himself in the right spot, etc. I wouldn't trade him.

Pacioretty has heart, if he's not injured he shouldn't be traded, he just needs the right spot.

Players who must be traded, could even all be replaced by rookies: Gionta, Moen, White, Bouillion, Weber, DD

Pacioretty - Eller - Bourque
Big UFA / traded player - Galchenyuk - Gallager
Prust - Bournival - Kristo
Moen - Dumont - White / UFA

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Tinordi

I agree with that. except get rid of Moen and White at all cost. The only way White will be worth anything to the team is if he stops playing to give other teams penalties. He's not even really playing hockey, he's just there to annoy the other team and we pay for it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
DD probably has to be the disappointment of the season.

edit: oh Marvie. I'm lucky my wife doesn't come on Gaf.

Red_Man

WRONG about Plekanec, he's is the best player in the team with Gallagher and PK. He scores a lot, he has many assists, he wins a lot of face offs, etc. He's really good. No way should we trade him, we couldn't find another player who would do what he does for the team. He should be captain.

Bourque is also good, he gets a lot of good chances, places himself in the right spot, etc. I wouldn't trade him.

Pacioretty has heart, if he's not injured he shouldn't be traded, he just needs the right spot.
Plek's is one of the best two way forwards in the game, but he does not score a lot of goals. The only reason I would trade him now is because his value is only going to go down from next season on, and we have 2 guys who can replace him in the coming years. With te draft being as good as it is now is the perfect time to do it. You can't have Eller, Galchenyuk and Plekanec on the same team, none of them are a 3rd line C. I don't want Bourque traded, but he's not getting any better, and if the right deal is there he can be moved but seeing as he's exactly what we need right now I don't see him going anywhere.

Ether_Snake said:
Players who must be traded, could even all be replaced by rookies: Gionta, Moen, White, Bouillion, Weber, DD
Bouillon will be a good 7th defenceman and vet in the room, the rest of those guys need to be moved. I can't see Gio moving in his last year of captaincy though, and I doubt DD is moved to appease the french fans.

Ether Snake said:
I agree with that. except get rid of Moen and White at all cost. The only way White will be worth anything to the team is if he stops playing to give other teams penalties. He's not even really playing hockey, he's just there to annoy the other team and we pay for it.
I want them moved, but I kept them in there because I don't think they can be moved, and 4th liners can be found throughout the league for cheap anyways.

Fei

Why? He's right, the media here is terrible.

Because he will be an (even bigger) incredible distraction, he's not worth his contract, and there's free buyouts. I will be stunned if he's on Philly's roster come training camp.

Because he will be an (even bigger) incredible distraction, he's not worth his contract, and there's free buyouts. I will be stunned if he's on Philly's roster come training camp.

No reason to cut him yet--buyouts last one more year. He'll be gone after the next season.

Mason had a few good games, but we can't rely on him as a starter. They'll tandem for the next year.

Can someone who doesn't particularly love or hate the Canucks agree that this was pretty poorly written and a missed opportunity? I've always thought Puck Daddy was lame, though.

Would pay for a eulogy by DownGoesBrown. It's what we deserve.

Fear the Fin is a terrible blog though... IT REFLECTS THE CANUCKS PERFORMANCE ACCU-... Oh wait, Tabris doesn't post in here does he? Forget I said anything.

Overall though it is a shitty eulogy, but Puck Daddy overall is hit and miss. I'm generally a fan.

Credit where credit is due though, there's some really obscure media moments the author has referenced in this eulogy.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No reason to cut him yet--buyouts last one more year. He'll be gone after the next season.

Mason had a few good games, but we can't rely on him as a starter. They'll tandem for the next year.

Exactly.

Slim pickins on the FA front for goaltenders as well and unless they do something rash, I still see Bryz in the Orange and Black next season.

Briere has to be the first one on the chopping block before all else.

Top Bottom