• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Exactly.

Slim pickins on the FA front for goaltenders as well and unless they do something rash, I still see Bryz in the Orange and Black next season.

Briere has to be the first one on the chopping block before all else.

Hiller will be available soon enough. This postseason is pretty good advertising for him actually.

Fei

Hiller, Luongo, Miller. If Philly wants to make a splash (..and when don't they?), there's going to be options available. We'll see.

Fei

phizzleforshizzle.png

Google Paul Holmgren and I get this. I don't even.

I dont think the media has been bad to Bryz at all. Any media anywhere would ask him about the falling asleep rumor, just like any media would ask him about his terrible play last year and even worse play this year. I really hope the Flyers buy him out now offseason. They need a culture change and I think Bryz's and his weird bullshit is a big part of that. I cant imagine why people dont want Mason as the guy next year. He played much better then Bryz this year. It isnt even close between the 2. I also think the team will rally around a goalie that cares.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone who doesn't particularly love or hate the Canucks agree that this was pretty poorly written and a missed opportunity? I've always thought Puck Daddy was lame, though.

Would pay for a eulogy by DownGoesBrown. It's what we deserve.
He raised a lot of good points but in a dickish way.

Personally, your GM is to blame.

I think the Canucks are a good team and I'd kill to have the Sedins and Kesler on mine. But, mismanagement is slowly rotting the Canucks.

Solo

WRONG about Plekanec, he's is the best player in the team with Gallagher and PK. He scores a lot, he has many assists, he wins a lot of face offs, etc. He's really good. No way should we trade him, we couldn't find another player who would do what he does for the team. He should be captain.

We already have a player who can do all that, and he's a lot younger, bigger and more gifted than Pleks.

Larry Eller.

After Koivus done? ... No, we don't.

And Ryan isn't a Center.

Habs aren't looking for a centre.

They might go after him if he gets bought out.

Lu's stats were actually a lot better then Bryz's. I would have no problem if they brought him in to compete with Mason next year. I just worry that if he is brought out he will get a lot of interest as a free agent.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I dont think the media has been bad to Bryz at all. Any media anywhere would ask him about the falling asleep rumor, just like any media would ask him about his terrible play last year and even worse play this year. I really hope the Flyers buy him out now offseason. They need a culture change and I think Bryz's and his weird bullshit is a big part of that. I cant imagine why people dont want Mason as the guy next year. He played much better then Bryz this year. It isnt even close between the 2. I also think the team will rally around a goalie that cares.

Small sample size.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It was brought up on the Habs blog that "no excuses" mantra preached my management clearly didn't extend to the vets. DD was an embarrassment. Bergevins signing of him was a blunder.

Solo

Lazar, Gauthier, Mantha, Hartman, Hagg.

I don't know anything about these guys, but just based on what I looked up.....

Lazar: 6'0" 190lbs C
Gauthier: 6'5" 210lbs C
Mantha: 6'4" 190 lbs LW
Hartman: 5'11" 185lbs RW
Hagg 6'2" 205 lbs D

We don't need any more midgets, so Hartman is gone. We don't need centres, so Lazar and Gauthier are gone.

We need size and we need wingers and D-men, so either of Mantha or Hagg would do. All of this based on never seeing any of them play :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
We don't need any more midgets, so Hartman is gone. We don't need centres, so Lazar and Gauthier are gone.

lol I suggest you do a bit more research and read some scouting reports on Hartman.

The comparisons for him is a Ryan Callahan and Dustin Brown hybrid, both are 5'11 like Hartman, grinding type of players with some skill to play in the top 6.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=653066

Plus he played a couple of games with AGally for US in the juniors tournament.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Hagg 6'2" 205 lbs D

We need size and we need wingers and D-men, so either of Mantha or Hagg would do. All of this based on never seeing any of them play :lol

We don't really need anymore defensive prospects imo. I doubt Mantha lasts that long, Jacob De La Rosa is another interesting option, big, fast swede.

Solo

Thanks for that, Cake Boss. Sounds like a player to watch out for. Just wish he were a few inches taller and a few pouinds heavier.

I wonder how far we are from seeing Sebastien Collberg get a chance with the Habs. He's still not old enough to be in the AHL.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for that, Cake Boss. Sounds like a player to watch out for. Just wish he were a few inches taller and a few pouinds heavier.

I wonder how far we are from seeing Sebastien Collberg get a chance with the Habs. He's still not old enough to be in the AHL.

Thought I read rumblings that he was coming over to Hamilton this summer? He's definitely old enough, plus he's coming over from Sweden, so that CHL rule doesn't apply to him.

Edit: He was already in Hamilton on a tryout contract at the end of the season, he should be coming over full time then.

Cake Boss

Banned

The age rule only applies to prospects drafted from the CHL, players oversees can join the AHL team whenever they want.

Thats why Ottawa was able to put Zibenejad in the AHL.

Solo

Thought I read rumblings that he was coming over to Hamilton this summer? He's definitely old enough, plus he's coming over from Sweden, so that CHL rule doesn't apply to him.

Oh, I didn't know that rule was only for CHLers! He played a few games in Hamilton at the end of the season, but I thought he'd have to go back to Sweden since he's under 20.

Since that apprently isn't the case, 2013-2014 in Hamilton and then hopefully 2014-2015 in Montreal pls! Same for Kristo. Give them both a year of AHL seasoning.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh no mlbgaf is invading nhlgaf. Mason's games played doesnt matter at all, Bryz has had 2 years to show what he can do and has shown that he is a terrible goalie.

OK, and when Bryz is dumped, Mason is named the starter, I don't want to hear anything about him being a shitty goaltender. K?

OK, and when Bryz is dumped, Mason is named the starter, I don't want to hear anything about him being a shitty goaltender. K?

lol, I will be complaining about Mason if he sucks for sure, but I will be happy that at least he isnt Bryz. I think Mason has earned a shot for next year, if he sucks then we grab someone else that offseason.

bardia

Hagg 6'2" 205 lbs D

Canuck could use Lazar. Our centre depth is pathetic

Cake Boss

Banned
We don't really need anymore defensive prospects imo. I doubt Mantha lasts that long, Jacob De La Rosa is another interesting option, big, fast swede.

Looking over the draft again, its top heavy with Centre and D prospects in the 1st round, not many natural wingers, especially ones with size.

I think the wingers depth is somewhat like.

Nichushkin
Shinkaruk
Wennberg (He plays both C and wing though)
Mantha
Hartman

The top 3 are likely gone in the top 15 and Mantha probably doesnt drop below 20.

Feel bad for Wild-Age. Sure their chances of beating Chicago were pretty much zero, but having their goalies hurt had to have sucked.

I picked the Habs to beat the Sens but injuries, bad luck, and hot goaltending sealed their fate.

Socreges

Banned
He raised a lot of good points but in a dickish way.

Personally, your GM is to blame.

I think the Canucks are a good team and I'd kill to have the Sedins and Kesler on mine. But, mismanagement is slowly rotting the Canucks.
He raised some good points and in a boring, dickish way.

And stuff like this:
Look, fellas—just because your wives have to constantly fake orgasms doesn't mean everything everyone else does is fake, too.
4th grader material!

Socreges

Banned
Hamhuis will join Canada at the World's. Nice to see. Defense is what Canada probably needs the most and Hamhuis has a lot of experience on the big ice, too.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Looking over the draft again, its top heavy with Centre and D prospects in the 1st round, not many natural wingers, especially ones with size.

I think the wingers depth is somewhat like.

Nichushkin
Shinkaruk
Wennberg (He plays both C and wing though)
Mantha
Hartman

The top 3 are likely gone in the top 15 and Mantha probably doesnt drop below 20.

Unlike Solo, I'm not against drafting a centre, as long as they have legit top 2 potential. We have too many 3rd line centre types in our prospect pool. I think we have te pieces to move up in the 15 range too.

Josh Kroenke talks like a politician. Woody Paige laid into him about giving more attention to the Nuggets, hopefully now that he is president he'll pay more attention to the team and they won't pinch pennies and sign guys like Zanon. I'm glad Pierre Lacroix is no longer president too, the hard negotiating with the whole O'reilly situation and Anderson before have his name written all over them. He was a good GM, but it's time the organization moves on.

I'm fine with Sherman staying. Expected Kroenke Jr to stick around too, glad Sakic is moving up. Maybe after two or three more seasons of being shit Sakic will be GM.

Top Bottom