• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure why you're talking about the Impact kicking the FC's ass in a hockey thread?....
The fuck is this soccer talk in this thread?!

Also

Fuck the Heat!

I guess we'll have some news to look forward to with all these trades coming soon. It's gonna be a long hot humid hockeyless summer....

Besides, it's not like this trade matters since Detroit is gonna DOMINATE everyone in the East! D:

Quick

Banned
I'm still a bit surprised by the Bernier deal, and I really don't know what to make of it.

As much as I liked Frattin, he's definitely replaceable.

Samyy

Just putting it out there, but Avs would have to give more. Maybe Stastny can bounce back.

Fair enough but the only problem is none of our D can eat Phaneufs minutes and I am scared to think about what we might have to give up to get another Phaneuf equivalent or better. But I think if we were to trade Phaneuf Statsny + wouldn't be horrible.

Im really interested to see if a trade does happen what Phaneuf is worth because I've spent so much time hearing how hes so shit from the internet and then he ends up #11 on the norris vote which is pretty great for him. There is no doubt he is a good #1, like a 1B or a very good #2.

Solo

Lol Jim Carey Price

So you want to compare season or playoff stats with Pricey? ;)

Obviously Price is better but he also has huge bouts of inconsistency and I've yet to see him do much I'm the playoffs.

Sigh....and now we got two goalies that need to prove to be number one. What foes the rest of NHL GAF think of LeBrun's assessment? I'm surprised to hear positives about this trade barring Swept88's post when nobody here even said Bernier was the second coming.

considering this deal has been talked about for awhile (even beginning of the season when Lu was rumored to be coming here),the same criticisms still stand: another unproven goalie in arguably the toughest market on goalies not named Montreal.

This year for me is the year Price has got to show me something. Has to win a playoff series.

I have no idea why the Leafs would want to trade Phaneuf. They have absolutely no one on that roster who can legitimately eat the minutes he eats.

Phaneuf averaged 25 mins a night for the Leafs this season, the next leafs dman to play the most mins is Kostka... and we all know how absolutely baffling that is.

Leafs would have to trade Kessel to acquire another dman who can play that many minutes reliably.

Samyy

I have no idea why the Leafs would want to trade Phaneuf. They have absolutely no one on that roster who can legitimately eat the minutes he eats.

Phaneuf averaged 25 mins a night for the Leafs this season, the next leafs dman to play the most mins is Kostka... and we all know how absolutely baffling that is.

Leafs would have to trade Kessel to acquire another dman who can play that many minutes reliably.

Agreed, im more the ready to give Kadri a spot on the #1 line and let him try to become that center we've always needed.

If Grabo regains form a 1-2 of Kadri and Grabo is not that bad.

android

Theoretical Magician

They have #1 Goalie now!!.. the greatest who ever played... no need for defencemen anymore!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I don't think they want to but if someone comes with a good offer they'd consider it.

He's not untouchable but he's probably damn close to it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Lol Jim Carey Price

So you want to compare season or playoff stats with Pricey? ;)

Obviously Price is better but he also has huge bouts of inconsistency and I've yet to see him do much I'm the playoffs.

Sigh....and now we got two goalies that need to prove to be number one. What foes the rest of NHL GAF think of LeBrun's assessment? I'm surprised to hear positives about this trade barring Swept88's post when nobody here even said Bernier was the second coming.

considering this deal has been talked about for awhile (even beginning of the season when Lu was rumored to be coming here),the same criticisms still stand: another unproven goalie in arguably the toughest market on goalies not named Montreal.

:lol :lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kaberle will be bought out.
iLHOohalrvo28.gif

Now the Leafs can trade Phaneuf and bring Kaberle back.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This year for me is the year Price has got to show me something. Has to win a playoff series.
I hope he plays well for Team Canada's sake. I can't think of another goalie that we can rely on comfortably. Maybe Lu, Price, and ?
lol Bernier
Agreed, im more the ready to give Kadri a spot on the #1 line and let him try to become that center we've always needed.

If Grabo regains form a 1-2 of Kadri and Grabo is not that bad.
Kadri isn't ready for #1 line duty. As good a season as he had, he was a bit sheltered. He'll need to prove it this season on a full 82 game schedule and we'll see what his linesmates can do to help him.
They have #1 Goalie now!!.. the greatest who ever played... no need for defencemen anymore!!
With the exception of joke character Manics, none of us are calling him a Vezina goalie, why you gotta put on the Swept88 impression?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am going to beat up Mont and Kuro for speaking badly of the greatest leader in Leafs-gaf history: Manics!!!

You wouldn't be here without him!

Samyy

I am going to beat up Mont and Kuro for speaking badly of the greatest leader in Leafs-gaf history: Manics!!!

You wouldn't be here without him!

If manics was ever to return even I would bend the knee.
Was hilarious to lurk this thread before I became a member because of him :lol

cube444

If Leafs-GAF honestly believes that Bernier is the second coming they have another thing coming.

Reimer or Bernier are still better than Fleury and old man Vokoun who's on the wrong side of 50.

If manics was ever to return even I would bend the knee.
Was hilarious to lurk this thread before I became a member because of him :lol

I was always waiting for you to post and as you already know most of have a bit of Manics in us, both literally and figuratively speaking. ;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Reimer or Bernier are still better than Fleury and old man Vokoun who's on the wrong side of 50.

I was always waiting for you to post and as you already know most of have a bit of Manics in us, both literally and figuratively speaking. ;)
Wat?! I have no Manics inside me, sir! >:0

And what the fuck IS going on with Fleury??? Pens need a goalie solution soon.

Cap is going down, good luck finding anyone to take on Phaneuf's $6.5M cap hit.

Philly already got Streit so Holmgren won't come to the rescue this time.

I think Bernier will end up being our #1 starter at some point in the 2013/14 season.

An even if Bernier doesn't end up being better than Reimer, he's much, much more handsome. Like by a factor of 11.

Bernier.jpg

*faints*

As for Captain Dion, maybe he's asking to be moved out of Toronto?

Razorskin

----- ------
I think Bernier will end up being our #1 starter at some point in the 2013/14 season.

An even if Bernier doesn't end up being better than Reimer, he's much, much more handsome. Like by a factor of 11.

Bernier.jpg

*faints*

As for Captain Dion, maybe he's asking to be moved out of Toronto?

Lupul, now Bernier, Leafs acquiring all of the leagues beauty?

cube444

The Wings had Kronwall and top six centers.

Phaneuf has been a minus defenceman his entire time in Toronto. He has one year left on his contract and Nonis is clearly not buying into the hype.

He can easily be replaced by first shipping him out and targeting other players via trade or UFA.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Cap is going down, good luck finding anyone to take on Phaneuf's $6.5M cap hit.

Philly already got Streit so Holmgren won't come to the rescue this time.

It's going down? Well, Shit.

Oh fuck you. :p

So now that Bernier is a Leef, guess that means one more year of Bryzgalov. Sorry, yankeehater.

Top Bottom