• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
iFT8DBONlXgxH.jpg
Kavey, this should be your new avatar.

Dater is saying the asking price to swap picks is Gudbranson. lol, fuck that just to swap. If it was outright get the pick maybe but way too steep just to swap.

calder

This draft is going to me a massive disappointment if only because we've been teased with such crazy trade/swap talk. It will all fall through as it always does because no GM ever got fired for not trading a first round pick. :p

You MIGHT trade Gudbranson for the first overall pick? MIGHT?

Outright?

:lol
3 Oa pick with less then 100 games. His shoulder surgery effected this year but that is far too valuable to move up 1 spot.

Gudbranson's that good didn't you know :lol

The team had a hard time signing his ELC cause they couldn't afford it.
wut. The issue was he was too young to go the AHL, so it was minors or NHL. He proved himself out of camp and tryout, then signed.

Gudbranson is not worth the 1st pick outright. He's just not. He's not worth any top 10 pick outright. He's done nothing to prove himself worth that. When the Rangers had the 10th pick in the 2010 draft, Director of Player Personal Gordie Clarke said if the Rangers wanted to move up to the #1 pick (move up, not outright), they'd have to trade Henrik Lundqvist. Thats the value you'd be looking at.

Razorskin

----- ------
wut. The issue was he was too young to go the AHL, so it was minors or NHL. He proved himself out of camp and tryout, then signed.

That wasn't the issue.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flap...ed-by-islanders-cats-raise-165k-for-canc.html

Defenseman Erik Gudbranson made the Panthers out of training camp, but he will not be playing for them this season.

Gudbranson, the third overall pick in the 2010 NHL Draft, did not come to a contractual agreement with the Panthers by Tuesday's 5 p.m. deadline and will be returned to his Canadian junior team in Kingston, Ontario.

Gudbranson practiced with the Panthers Tuesday morning in Coral Springs.

“Sometimes you just can't get a deal done,'' assistant general manager Mike Santos said Tuesday afternoon. “They worked at it and we worked at it. It's not over for us. We still have his rights for two more years. I'm confident we'll have him signed down the road.''

The key hangup for getting a deal done was the amount of money the Panthers were willing to pay Gudbranson in performance bonuses. As a young player signing an entry level contract, Gudbranson's base pay and signing bonus weren't going to be extravagant numbers. The performance bonuses, however, could bring his salary into the millions.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
3 Oa pick with less then 100 games. His shoulder surgery effected this year but that is far too valuable to move up 1 spot.

You said "maybe for the first overall outright", that was my objection. You'd be all sorts of stupid not to trade Gudbranson for the first overall.

Vman

Wild resign Backstrom 3 years

per Russo

Niklas Backstrom's contract is 3 years, $10.25 million ($3.42 million cap hit) -- per source #mnwild

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Richards and Mark Messier went golfing yesterday, and apparently Richards was telling everybody (in front of Messier) that he's going to be a New York Ranger next season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
People on HFboards are proposing "Phanuef" for "Statsny" which I think is a pretty even deal.

It may make some sense if they aren't going for jones

The only other HF deal which almost everyone agreed on was schenn for JVR and it eventually happened

Cactus

Banned
People on HFboards are proposing "Phanuef" for "Statsny" which I think is a pretty even deal.

Not really. The Leafs don't need another overpaid center. I'd rather keep Grabovski (who is comparable to Stastny) on one of the top two lines. Plus, losing Phaneuf's 25+ minutes a game (against tough comp.) would really hurt.

If Dion is traded, Nonis better get some young, controllable assets back in return. I'd rather let Phaneuf walk as a free agent than trade him for another team's spare parts.

gaming_noob

It may make some sense if they aren't going for jones

The only other HF deal which almost everyone agreed on was schenn for JVR and it eventually happened

It totally makes full sense... MacKinnon is who they want so Stastny would have to go somewhere. If the Avs get Phaneuf and draft MacKinnon, they upgrade 2 positions, as opposed to drafting Jones that'll only upgrade one position...

If Dion is traded, Nonis better get some young, controllable assets back in return. I'd rather let Phaneuf walk as a free agent than trade him for another team's spare parts.

Stastny is a few months younger than Phaneuf who just turned 28. Both are at their prime...

Cake Boss

Banned
Not really. The Leafs don't need another overpaid center. I'd rather keep Grabovski (who is comparable to Stastny) on one of the top two lines. Plus, losing Phaneuf's 25+ minutes a game (against tough comp.) would really hurt.

lol Stasny is a spare part now?

Leaf fans this week have been awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Bingo for as quick as people want to get rid of Phaneuf they keep forgetting he logs huge minutes for us. We have no one else on this team currently who could fill that role.

I still say get an actual veteran d-man to go with Phaneuf and you'll see how much better he is when he doesn't have to cover for everyone and can play more of his game.

Cactus

Banned
lol Stasny is a spare part now?

Leaf fans this week have been awesome.

The Avalanche front office would probably love to get rid of Stastny. Are you aware how terrible he was last season? 24 points in 40 games for $6.6m. While Stastny had an awesome start to his career, his numbers over the last three seasons are very comparable to Grabovski's, so why the hell would Nonis trade the team's #1 D-man for him? It makes no sense at all. It wouldn't solve the #1 C problem and an even bigger problem on D would be created.

Solo

lol Canukcks + Torts.....I cannot possibly think of a worse coach/team marriage as this one. Asshole coach + soft prima donna players = disaster.

At least Kesler will do well.

RC

Banned
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

VAN will introduce John Tortorella as head coach at 1 pm PT tomorrow.

IO4KfUe.gif

I remember a few seasons ago I joked how the Leafs should get Torts. A subpar team with a notorious hothead would've been a hilarious combination.

Well I'm not laughing now

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I heard that the Sedins actually lobbied for Torts. Is this true?

I heard this as well, that "core players" lobbied for Torts as coach.

Honestly, Torts is a guy who can win and win now, and players don't hate him remotely as much as they're made out to in the media (unless you're somebody like Sean Avery, and let's face it, he's an even bigger asshole than Torts is).

For players who want to win right away, a swift Tortorella kick in the balls can do wonders. It just starts to become a problem when he's still kicking you in the balls three or four years later.

Top Bottom