• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Samyy

You need to post the best picture!

image.jpg

Phaneuf has been a minus defenceman his entire time in Toronto. He has one year left on his contract and Nonis is clearly not buying into the hype.

He can easily be replaced by first shipping him out and targeting other players via trade or UFA.
Tell me then, where are these 25 mins FA defensemen you're talking about? Or better yet, were you thinking of moving someone like Kessel or Lupul for one?

Acid08

Banned
Couple Sharks notes:

Hertl is for sure going to start with the big club now. Excited to see him play.

Havlat had some kind of abdominal surgery, pretty unlikely he'll be ready to start the season. Man, I fucking hate this guy. He NEVER gives it his all, injures himself jumping over boards, and is constantly out. Wish we could buy him out or trade him but neither is going to happen. Such a waste of 5m.

cube444

Tell me then, where are these 25 mins FA defensemen you're talking about? Or better yet, were you thinking of moving someone like Kessel or Lupul for one?

Pair Scuderi with Gardiner for starters. Most recent comparable player for a possible return on Phaneuf (one year left) would be Brett Burns to San Jose. Take that return and target a top 4 dman that you like.

Phaneuf is easily replaceable. You talk about eating minutes but he's a minus player whose best years are behind him. You can distribute those minutes amongst better defencemen.

Phaneuf is all snarl and no bite.

Samyy

Pair Scuderi with Gardiner for starters. Most recent comparable player for a possible return on Phaneuf (one year left) would be Brett Burns to San Jose. Take that return and target a top 4 dman that you like.

Phaneuf is easily replaceable. You talk about eating minutes but he's a minus player whose best years are behind him. You can distribute those minutes amongst better defencemen.

One of the main reasons LA made the deal was to sign Scuderi. Also what assets do we have to get a Brett Burns and how often do you find them during FA?

cube444

One of the main reasons LA made the deal was to sign Scuderi. Also what assets do we have to get a Brett Burns and how often do you find them during FA?

I was offering Scuderi as an example of a guy who'd fit in well with the Leafs. I'm not saying that the Leafs should get Brett Burns but that his return is something similar that the Leafs could land if they traded Phaneuf.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm really enjoying Hawkeye Quick, it's a great take own the super hero genre and the arts fantastic. The comixology app is really great too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm really enjoying Hawkeye Quick, it's a great take own the super hero genre and the arts fantastic. The comixology app is really great too.

Not sure if you noticed/own it on PC already, but XCOM got a full iOS port. The entire PC game. If you don't have it already, it's kinda awesome to have it on a tablet. (I didn;t buy it again myself, but from what I've heard it's pretty damn good of a port. and the game itself is amazing anyway)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not sure if you noticed/own it on PC already, but XCOM got a full iOS port. The entire PC game. If you don't have it already, it's kinda awesome to have it on a tablet. (I didn;t buy it again myself, but from what I've heard it's pretty damn good of a port. and the game itself is amazing anyway)
I saw that, I'm waiting to beat a bunch of other iOS games before I pick it up though, seems like the port has been done well.

Quick

Banned

Glad you're enjoying it. The writing is probably what reeled me in after the artwork.

It was Acid/Hawkguy thread that got me into it.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So with the Leafs goalie situation now "resolved", will the whole Luongo for DiPietro's buyout trade be revisited?

Depending on which of our prospects they demand, I might be okay with it

Edit: LOL at Kave-street Boyz

Top Bottom